UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #137 (Season 6, Episode 24) "A Young Woman's Declaration" Discussion!!

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I think it was on the schedule last week that the first ep would rerun last week's and the second would be new. Might be what they do each week to finish out the rest of the season.

Why are they doing this?  And why did they double up the episodes in the first place? 

If they're about to run out of dubbed eps, or eps of the season, period, why double up to burn through them so fast in the first place?

• Like 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

[as] and Toonami things

Sounds like they FUCKED UP again even if this is on purpose.  Like when Toonami cleared Made in Abyss and Yashahime off the schedule as quickly and cleanly as possible... then had nothing to replace them with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Sounds like they FUCKED UP again even if this is on purpose.  Like when Toonami cleared Made in Abyss and Yashahime off the schedule as quickly and cleanly as possible... then had nothing to replace them with.

I feel like some people think this is new, but this is just the way things have always seemed to me. I mean, there are times that they seem more competent but I never expect the best and feel like they always wing it. 

Edited by atomicinumatt

I feel like some people think this is new, but this is just the way things have always seemed to me. I mean, there are times that they seem more competent but I never expect that best and feel like they always wing it. 

After Toonami took over from Adult Swim Action, things were handled pretty well for the most part for many years.  It took them a while to ramp up the quality and quantity of premieres, but it got there. 

Now in recent years they are almost constantly stumbling, like a drunken martial arts master... except I think Toonami is just drunk.

It's nowhere near as bad as the ASA schedule monkeys and nonsensical behavior, but still.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Why are they doing this?  And why did they double up the episodes in the first place? 

If they're about to run out of dubbed eps, or eps of the season, period, why double up to burn through them so fast in the first place?

Yeah, looks like there's only two more new eps to finish the season (this week's and next week's) and they've both been dubbed already.

But yeah, also a bit confused why they've been doubling up these last weeks instead of airing them normally rather than burn through them quicker than necessary when there was no need.

• Like 3

Hey, I used to love [as] action days lmao 

Hey there were still a lot of good shows, but the running of it was always all over the place!  Also we didn't get as many new shows back then.  We got more reruns of favorites though.

Imagine ASA was still around, we could have a full InuYasha -> Final Act -> Yashahime playthrough.  And they'd probably run through all of SAO like that too.  And MHA and AoT no doubt.  

So, there was a bit of trade off there.

Though maybe full show reruns are moot now in the streaming days.  We don't have to wait for a whole series to roll around to see it from the beginning anymore.  Oh, my early morning recordings of Charmed lol.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Hey there were still a lot of good shows, but the running of it was always all over the place!  Also we didn't get as many new shows back then.  We got more reruns of favorites though.

Imagine ASA was still around, we could have a full InuYasha -> Final Act -> Yashahime playthrough.  And they'd probably run through all of SAO like that too.  And MHA and AoT no doubt.  

So, there was a bit of trade off there.

Though maybe full show reruns are moot now in the streaming days.  We don't have to wait for a whole series to roll around to see it from the beginning anymore.  Oh, my early morning recordings of Charmed lol.

Yea, I was just reminiscing on some of my favorite days and shows haha Toonami in its prime was great too though! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, looks like there's only two more new eps to finish the season (this week's and next week's) and they've both been dubbed already.

But yeah, also a bit confused why they've been doubling up these last weeks instead of airing them normally rather than burn through them quicker than necessary when there was no need.

So with the rerun episode and new episodes being used together now, I don't think it's going to be the same amount of time as if they never doubled anything, but that would be hilarious.

I assumed they wanted to hurry up and get Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, and maybe they can do a solid dub run through to the second cour, but this is still taking too long to get that far ahead of the second cour.

I have no idea what Toonami is thinking with any of this anymore.

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yea, I was just reminiscing on some of my favorite days and shows haha Toonami in its prime was great too though! 

Yes.  Toonami and ASA in their prime, Ani-Mondays on Sci-Fi, still some decent anime on Saturday morning blocks... those were the days!  

• Like 2