UnevenEdge

Been rewatching the 2000's X-men and X2 movies

atomicinumatt

Forgot how much I loved those movies. 

I am not big on super hero movies but I have always loved X-Men and these two movies take me back to high school times. Pure Nostalgia. Ian Mckellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin and more. Not to mention the cinematography and editing and even effects are are good for the time. 

I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, especially with all the super hero saturation of more modern times but I still love them. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler is my favorite part of these movies. He did an amazing job, and if you listen to him speak about it in retrospect, he totally doesn't realize how good he was. He has an oblivious modesty about it. 

Yass!

Alan Cumming's portrayal of Nightcrawler was IMO the break out character of X2. He was my fave in that movie, even though I loved everyone! 

Honestly, both X-Men and X2 had amazing ensemble casts. Not just Cumming, but Ray Park (Darth Maul in Star Wars, Toad in X-men), Bruce Davison, Rebecca Romijn, and BRIAN fucking COX as Striker, who was the best villain in X2, as well as the rest of the cast.. the acting was just perfect all around.. 

The whole cast in both movies was phenomenal. 

I never felt like they were trying to over explain the plot and yet it was so easy to follow and was not too much over the top for a super hero movie. 

X-men and X2 were honestly part of the reason the super hero movie genre had a revival after the 90's, and I feel like not that many people recognize or even realize that today. But they will always be my favorite in the genre, even though I do not really like super hero stuff to begin with! 

So good!