UnevenEdge

Okay, time for a late night shower.

atomicinumatt

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

😂 I’m fine. My brain feels a little foggy and I’m getting a bit of a headache, but that’s it. I was away because I was eating.

I've been told the best time to get high is on an empty stomach. I don't know if that's true though.

10 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Shower in the morning! Shower in the evening! Shower at supper time! When shower’s on the table, you can have showers anytime! Am I the only one who remembers those stupid commercials? 😅

There's a TV commercial I see frequently, I can't even remember what it's for, but it includes "________ in the morning" and my brain always fills it in as "________ in the morning, ________ in the evening, __________ at supper time....." But when the commercial's actually on I can actually fill in the blank, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I read that in the tune of Eddie Vedder’s “Reign O’er Me”. I love that song.

First off, it's the Who's "Love, Reign O'er Me" (one of my favorite songs of all-time so I apologize for being so brash with you.). Second, I was going for Credence Clearwater Revival's version of the old blues folk song "Midnight Special".

2 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

First off, it's the Who's "Love, Reign O'er Me" (one of my favorite songs of all-time so I apologize for being so brash with you.). Second, I was going for Credence Clearwater Revival's version of the old blues folk song "Midnight Special".

Well, EXCUSE ME! Nah, I apologize. I knew the Eddie Vedder version was a cover. It just slipped my mind. I don’t know that I’ve ever heard “Midnight Special”. I probably have. I’ll check it out tomorrow, if I remember.

Yeah, I'm sorry, too. I could've said that better, but you get the idea. lol (And I think it was Pearl Jam who did the cover? I'm not completely sure. I do know it was for an Adam Sandler film, which was actually a drama about a man in horrific, earth-shattering pain because his wife and kid(s?) died in the 9/11/2001 terrorist attacks. He delivered a stellar performance, to say the least.)

Edited by hornedlizardman

On 2/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, atomicinumatt said:

OMG ARE YOU INSIDE MY HEAD!?

Because I love Sonic and Shadow is my fave! 

sonic-shadow.gif.11eb42a072d8951e8d82215109354c24.gif

:x

😆 Maria Robotnik in a Shadow hoodie

Maria Robotnik | Sonic the Hedgehog! Amino 

I remember the old series with their band but I also remember when the first game came out and my brother would never let me play it.  Not until Sonic 2 came out.  And then I was only ever allowed to play as Tails 🤣🤣🤣

This is a hood I hacked from a cheap amazon costume

Half mask

I've also done

Wave

image.png.a97ec406521f4dabac99651bc1f2c720.png    

A Rouge hat

image.png.1b71ff849e6fcbb31a871cfaf423d5fe.pngimage.png.fb5b9332861ff1a69ab30040a2b4b6e7.png  

Blaze half mask

image.png.67264183ee936bb97fa6e6693ad2acc8.png

And I made a Mile's costume out of duck pajamas  :D  (I know it's yellow and Miles is orange...I know.)

Vid is me figuring out how to support 6 lbs of fluffy tail underneath the pjs.

image.png.a89ca7d6556094f315c0ffde3cef4291.png   image.png

Edited by Vela
  • Like 2

Holy shit, you made all of those?!

I am super impressed because I love to build and create things but I have ZERO sewing, fabrics, etc. skills. Like NONE! That is fucking amazing haha and I want one of the Shadow hood thingies now! He is my fave! 

I am going to probably commit a mortal sin here by saying that I was never a Nintendo fan because I grew up on Sega. And Sonic was like THE game for me. Sadly I have not gamed in like ten years but am half temped to buy another Genesis and Dreamcast and get some of the games. I even loved Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast (I loved PS as well but still thought Dreamcast was better!). 

Fuck, now I really wanna play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 2. Those games are pure nostalgia for me. My absolute faves! I can fucking hear the ring noises in my head now lmao 

I was dead on the sofa just now but I have one of my laptops right by it and heard it ding when you commented and saw you post and thought I was dreaming! Those costumes and masks are so fucking good, I am envious of your talent! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vela said:

😆 Maria Robotnik in a Shadow hoodie

Maria Robotnik | Sonic the Hedgehog! Amino 

I remember the old series with their band but I also remember when the first game came out and my brother would never let me play it.  Not until Sonic 2 came out.  And then I was only ever allowed to play as Tails 🤣🤣🤣

This is a hood I hacked from a cheap amazon costume

Half mask

I've also done

Wave

image.png.a97ec406521f4dabac99651bc1f2c720.png    

A Rouge hat

image.png.1b71ff849e6fcbb31a871cfaf423d5fe.pngimage.png.fb5b9332861ff1a69ab30040a2b4b6e7.png  

Blaze half mask

image.png.67264183ee936bb97fa6e6693ad2acc8.png

And I made a Mile's costume out of duck pajamas  :D  (I know it's yellow and Miles is orange...I know.)

Vid is me figuring out how to support 6 lbs of fluffy tail underneath the pjs.

image.png.a89ca7d6556094f315c0ffde3cef4291.png   image.png

That is incredibly spectacular! I knew you were talented, but holy makeral!

• Thanks 1

I did yeah.  I used to cosplay a lot back in the day.  I also went to school for that kind of stuff.  The professors were pushing me into costuming but I really enjoyed props and I had no desire to just sew sew sew for the rest of my life.  But character masks?!  THOSE I could work on all day everyday.  They're a little bit of both worlds in threatre design.

Yeah, but you're like super smart right? xD You're the type of brains I wish I had for most of my adolescence...god I hated school so very much 😅 and I really truly believe most things can be solved through !SCIENCE! andalsoifmorepeoplemademoreofanefforttowardsknowledgeingeneral.

XD Right now I only have Sonic Mania plus, but it was one of the first games I got when I got the Switch.  I was like screw you __insert brother's name___ I'm playing Sonic! 😆  When I was looking for sound clips for that eggman mask vid it was so hard for me to not just fill the entire thing with sound effects XD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

I did yeah.  I used to cosplay a lot back in the day.  I also went to school for that kind of stuff.  The professors were pushing me into costuming but I really enjoyed props and I had no desire to just sew sew sew for the rest of my life.  But character masks?!  THOSE I could work on all day everyday.  They're a little bit of both worlds in threatre design.

Yeah, but you're like super smart right? xD You're the type of brains I wish I had for most of my adolescence...god I hated school so very much 😅 and I really truly believe most things can be solved through !SCIENCE! andalsoifmorepeoplemademoreofanefforttowardsknowledgeingeneral.

XD Right now I only have Sonic Mania plus, but it was one of the first games I got when I got the Switch.  I was like screw you __insert brother's name___ I'm playing Sonic! 😆  When I was looking for sound clips for that eggman mask vid it was so hard for me to not just fill the entire thing with sound effects XD

I just have no experience with it but I am sure I could learn haha but it would be a long and arduous journey for me to learn because I am in my 30's and have never sown a thing in my life!

And yes, science it the answer haha I studied mathematics and geography as an undergrad and then spent another 4 years doing a dissertation in mathematics. I guess it paid off though haha I do have a lot of artistic experience though, particularly in music and some drawing. I also love to build mechanical and engineered things. Like wood and welding etc., so I guess I am good with my hands and could learn! 

I have always wanted to cosplay when I was younger (and still do) but I never wanted to like commission someone to do it for me because I am hard headed and if I cannot do it myself I just give up lmao. 

You certainly have some rare skills because some of my friends like to cosplay and no offense to them, but some of their stuff looks rather janky lmao but yours look superb! 

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I just have no experience with it but I am sure I could learn haha but it would be a long and arduous journey for me to learn because I am in my 30's and have never sown a thing in my life!

And yes, science it the answer haha I studied mathematics and geography as an undergrad and then spent another 4 years doing a dissertation in mathematics. I guess it paid off though haha I do have a lot of artistic experience though, particularly in music and some drawing. I also love to build mechanical and engineered things. Like wood and welding etc., so I guess I am good with my hands and could learn! 

I have always wanted to cosplay when I was younger (and still do) but I never wanted to like commission someone to do it for me because I am hard headed and if I cannot do it myself I just give up lmao. 

You certainly have some rare skills because some of my friends like to cosplay and no offense to them, but some of their stuff looks rather janky lmao but yours look superb! 

Wood working and welding?  Pfff, you could pick up sewing w/o a hitch.  Two sittings to learn the basics and you'd be fine at it.

Math was my worst subject 😆  And I'm not just saying that.  Technically I shouldn't have graduated college because of I couldn't pass the minimal core requirement 🤣 So I'm not a threat, but you, Sir , are a double threat!

I still think about cosplaying and keep saying I'll get back into it.  Maybe I will, hopefully.  But It can get expensive 😅  Which could have contributed to your friends' costumes lacking.   And I ttly get the hard-headed syndrome.  It's the reason I don't want to go to events and just spectate, I have to be a part of it :D and if it involves something I'm remotely capable at then I can't be subpar.

10 hours ago, Vela said:

Wood working and welding?  Pfff, you could pick up sewing w/o a hitch.  Two sittings to learn the basics and you'd be fine at it.

Math was my worst subject 😆  And I'm not just saying that.  Technically I shouldn't have graduated college because of I couldn't pass the minimal core requirement 🤣 So I'm not a threat, but you, Sir , are a double threat!

I still think about cosplaying and keep saying I'll get back into it.  Maybe I will, hopefully.  But It can get expensive 😅  Which could have contributed to your friends' costumes lacking.   And I ttly get the hard-headed syndrome.  It's the reason I don't want to go to events and just spectate, I have to be a part of it :D and if it involves something I'm remotely capable at then I can't be subpar.

HAHAHAH I am a slow learner and I get frustrated at that easily!

Like I am an old man now and learning something from scratch at this age is even more frustrating so all of the crap I would make as I begin to learn would be so terrible that I would probably just want to burn it lmao

But I guess I should try. What are some good ways to start learning? 

TEACH ME! 

3 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

HAHAHAH I am a slow learner and I get frustrated at that easily!

Like I am an old man now and learning something from scratch at this age is even more frustrating so all of the crap I would make as I begin to learn would be so terrible that I would probably just want to burn it lmao

But I guess I should try. What are some good ways to start learning? 

TEACH ME! 

Okay, four sittings then.

xD You can always burn your old stuff after you've made better stuff but you can't do it the other way around.

The best way to learn how to sew is by doing it....so this is where you might run into a snag because the first step I would suggest is finding somebody who sews.  I used to teach people in my medieval reenactment group, but in person.  Hmmm...maybe think of something you might want to make and then look through DIY vids?  Also places like Joann Fabric Store sometimes have classes you can take. 

You know what - If you can come up with something you'd like to make then I'll help you get started :) with my KNOWLEDGE! 

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Okay, four sittings then.

xD You can always burn your old stuff after you've made better stuff but you can't do it the other way around.

The best way to learn how to sew is by doing it....so this is where you might run into a snag because the first step I would suggest is finding somebody who sews.  I used to teach people in my medieval reenactment group, but in person.  Hmmm...maybe think of something you might want to make and then look through DIY vids?  Also places like Joann Fabric Store sometimes have classes you can take. 

You know what - If you can come up with something you'd like to make then I'll help you get started :) with my KNOWLEDGE! 

I definitely learn best by just trying something. But the beginnings are always when I get the most frustrated and just want to flip the table haha but yes, for me practice makes perfect. 

Most of the people I know that sew and make costumes say they are really good but when I see the results I am unsure. I think YouTube is my best bet. 

Any tools or gear that you recommend? 

18 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I definitely learn best by just trying something. But the beginnings are always when I get the most frustrated and just want to flip the table haha but yes, for me practice makes perfect. 

Most of the people I know that sew and make costumes say they are really good but when I see the results I am unsure. I think YouTube is my best bet. 

Any tools or gear that you recommend? 

I can recommend all sorts of stuff but I'd have to know what you want to make first. :D  Like do you want to make clothing, a stuffed animal a soft fleece version of Marshmallow Head?  They'd all require different things :RoboTeeth: