UnevenEdge

Made In Abyss Episode #23 (Season 2, Episode 10) "All That You Gather" Discussion!

5 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

BABIES. WOW.

Well, we learned in Episode 2 of Season 1 that Reg DOES have a "real penis".

So I guess he CAN get the job done, but that would confuse the hell out of poor Riko!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss-the-golden-city-of-the-scorching-sun/episodes-9-10/.189460

I don't know what iDIOT said this season wasn't that good, because it's been straight-up quality so far!

On to something with questionable quality but most of us still enjoy, Yashahime!

• Haha 1

That was confusing. Reg couldn't use his erasure weapon before because he wasn't sure what would happen to him if he did? And this was before he lost his memory? So what made it so he could use it then? And how could he know it would erase stuff if he hadn't ever used it before? They seriously got some splaining to do about that.

Also reminded me there's still the big question of how the heck Riko knew his actual name when it seemed like she was just making it up originally. Yet another clifhanger ending, too. Why must they keep doing that. Aggggh!

Royal Rumble went late so I missed My Hero Academia, but I got to see this at least.

I guess Belaf wasn't evil after all?

Mitty is not even conscious anymore, Nanachi, plus that is a copy. 

So the forcefield is going to encroach and kill everyone in the village?

Lots of violence by Faputa, but animation is nuts.

Wanted babies with Reg oh my haha. 

Did he not understand she wanted to kill everyone in the village?

So that is where Sosu came from.

Yeah looks like no reconciling with Faputa.

Love that OST.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atomicinumatt said:

I really like this episode a lot. 

Nanachi is back in action, we learn a lot about Reg and Faputa. And the music. 

Episodes 9-12 are pure gold IMO 

Hmmm, that little murder spree was a bit much since we're clearly being set up to supposedly still like Faputa.

Edited by DangerMouse

53 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

That was confusing. Reg couldn't use his erasure weapon before because he wasn't sure what would happen to him if he did? And this was before he lost his memory? So what made it so he could use it then? And how could he know it would erase stuff if he hadn't ever used it before? They seriously got some splaining to do about that.

Also reminded me there's still the big question of how the heck Riko knew his actual name when it seemed like she was just making it up originally. Yet another clifhanger ending, too. Why must they keep doing that. Aggggh!

So Reg was low and energy when he first encountered Riko, so he probably meant along the lines of not knowing what would happen if he ran out of energy entirely. 

Then when Riko finds him she takes him to the orphanage and zaps him with electricity, recharging him. Reg does the same thing again at Ido Front. 

In terms of the name it is theorized that Lyza met Reg and probably named him that after Riko's Dog, and Riko herself named him after the dog as well. Reg is rather dog like. Nanachi points it out multiple times. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

So Reg was low and energy when he first encountered Riko, so he probably meant along the lines of not knowing what would happen if he ran out of energy entirely. 

Then when Riko finds him she takes him to the orphanage and zaps him with electricity, recharging him. Reg does the same thing again at Ido Front. 

In terms of the name it is theorized that Lyza met Reg and probably named him that after Riko's Dog, and Riko herself named him after the dog as well. Reg is rather dog like. Nanachi points it out multiple times. 

I can't believe some electricity is all it would take to power a weapon like that. Anyway, he used the weapon to save Riko before he got taken to the orphanage, so that can't be what it was. Something must of happened after he met Faputa to when he saved Riko that explains why he didn't use it to blast a hole in the village and fulfill Faputa's wish in the past. Of course there's whatever it was that made him lose his memory; that could have something to do with it. Otherwise, my only thought is maybe it has to do with finding his haku, the thing most precious to him maybe, which would obviously be Riko. Maybe that's what it took for him to use it. Still wouldn't explain exactly how come he knew about what it could do if he hadn't used it before though.

Oh, and as to the name. For that theory to be true, Lyza would have needed to have met him before he met Faputa in the Golden City (since he told her his name was Reg in the flashback), which given the time dilation between layers seems really unlikely. I expect a lot of the secrets with regards to Reg though may not be explained until the very end of the story.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

13 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

I can't believe some electricity is all it would take to power a weapon like that. Anyway, he used the weapon to save Riko before he got taken to the orphanage, so that can't be what it was. Something must of happened after he met Faputa to when he saved Riko that explains why he didn't use it to blast a hole in the village and fulfill Faputa's wish in the past. Of course there's whatever it was that made him lose his memory; that could have something to do with it. Otherwise, my only thought is maybe it has to do with finding his haku, the thing most precious to him maybe, which would obviously be Riko. Maybe that's what it took for him to use it. Still wouldn't explain exactly how come he knew about what it could do if he hadn't used it before though.

That is what it is. He was down to his last incinerator shot. He used it to save Riko in the beginning of the story. He then was powered down until Riko electrocutes him and restores his energy. And by the way, when she did, it drained all the power from the orphanage, and at Ido Front it drained all the reserve power from the facility. So it is in fact a large amount of energy that he is being powered with. 

He lost hist memory because he lost all his power in the beginning. He did not want to use his last incinerator shot before finding his Haku, because he did not know what would happen (which is him powering down and losing memories etc.). 

We do not know why he did not try and restore his power before meeting Riko though. Maybe he was just unaware. 

But that is indeed how it is sosu. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Oh, and as to the name. For that theory to be true, Lyza would have needed to have met him before he met Faputa in the Golden City (since he told her his name was Reg in the flashback), which given the time dilation between layers seems really unlikely. I expect a lot of the secrets with regards to Reg though may not be explained until the very end of the story.

Lyza did meet him first. 

It is hypothesized that she is the one that sent him to the surface. 

5 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

That is what it is. He was down to his last incinerator shot. He used it to save Riko in the beginning of the story. He then was powered down until Riko electrocutes him and restores his energy. And by the way, when she did, it drained all the power from the orphanage, and at Ido Front it drained all the reserve power from the facility. So it is in fact a large amount of energy that he is being powered with. 

He lost hist memory because he lost all his power in the beginning. He did not want to use his last incinerator shot before finding his Haku, because he did not know why would happen (which is him powering down and losing memories etc.). 

We do not know what he did not try and restore his power before meeting Riko though. Maybe he was just unaware. 

But that is indeed how it is sosu. 

Is this based on knowledge of stuff that hasn't happened yet though? Cuz I don't recall anything about him being down to his last shot or the fact that him using them up would wipe his memory. Please try to be mindful to mark stuff that's spoilery, kay? I'm not that big of a stickler about spoilers, but I'd still prefer to keep some of the mystery about stuff alive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Is this based on knowledge of stuff that hasn't happened yet though? Cuz I don't recall anything about him being down to his last shot or the fact that him using them up would wipe his memory. Please try to be mindful to mark stuff that's spoilery, kay? I'm not that big of a stickler about spoilers, but I'd still prefer to keep some of the mystery about stuff alive.

Ido Front arc in the manga and Dawn of the Deep Soul for the anime. 

Nanachi even points out that the crystal circle on his helmet is a counter that counts down the uses of his incinerator until he is out of power. That is why he electrocutes himself and drains all of the facilities power. 

Have you seen the third movie? If not then definitely give it a watch because it is canon. 

EDIT and sorry about spoilers, I have been trying to discuss it based on things that have already been revealed! 

Edited by atomicinumatt

Yeah, I saw it. I remember them saying how many uses of his incinerator he has left the helmet indicates, but nothing about it wiping his memory if he runs out of power though. Wasn't the reason he electrocuted himself to shut down the security system anyway? I don't think it was supposed to be for the purpose of recharging himself. It did wind up supercharging him, but it mad him go out of control and brought out another personality, which all seemed like it was an unintended effect.

It seems a bit of a leap either way to assume that caused his memory loss before.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Yeah, I saw it. I remember them saying how many uses of his incinerator he has left the helmet indicates, but nothing about it wiping his memory if he runs out of power though. Wasn't the reason he electrocuted himself to shut down the security system anyway? I don't think it was supposed to be for the purpose of recharging himself. It did wind up supercharging him, but it mad him go out of control and brought out another personality, which all seemed like it was an unintended effect.

It seems a bit of a leap either way to assume that caused his memory loss before.

He does it to recharge. They even say it. 

And he loses his memory in the beginning when he fails to recharge before using his last shot. Give it a rewatch and judge for ya self. 

Not trying to sound like a dick or anything ahah I just always thought it was rather explicit about those two points. I guess not! 

Edited by atomicinumatt