UnevenEdge

House was a bad doctor

Mix

I always thought it was a fun show. Also, Lisa Edelstein, who played Dr. Cuddy for six of the show's eight seasons, was in two episodes of Seinfeld as one of George's girlfriends. I always thought she was attractive, but she was really cute back in the '90s, too.

Spoiler

The one choice that bugged me about that show was when Kal Penn left the show to join the White House staff, instead of giving his character a dignified send-off or the possibility of returning later they really went "welp, he killed himself, how sad."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2023 at 4:19 PM, hornedlizardman said:

I always thought it was a fun show. Also, Lisa Edelstein, who played Dr. Cuddy for six of the show's eight seasons, was in two episodes of Seinfeld as one of George's girlfriends. I always thought she was attractive, but she was really cute back in the '90s, too.

Yeah, hot actresses are hot.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I think he did a fantastic job of being the Sherlock Holmes (House) of the medical profession, right down to living in 221B.

I didn't notice that.

If that's what they were going for, why not let him keep the british accent?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Yeah, it’s explicitly set as a medical Sherlock show

6 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

A foreign mean doctor on American soil probably wouldn't have gone over with an American audience.

You guys are right, I looked it up and there were so many signs I totally missed...still, American Sherlock Holmes is a terrible doctor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Maybe “hated the show” was the wrong thing to say.  But, yeah, he was just…ugh…

If you know any of the shows prior to House that Laurie was involved in (Fry and Laurie, Jeeves & Wooster, Blackadder, The Young Ones...), you'd know he's an amazing actor (and his singing & piano playing ain't too shabby either).

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, Poofy said:

i appreciate him as a character for showcasing how life in chronic physical pain can turn you into a sarcastic asshole because some days my jaw just hurts all day and I'm extra abrasive

Very good point.  I watched this happen to my dad before his passing.  He turned into someone we didn't know.

• Sad 2

On 1/14/2023 at 2:21 AM, hornedlizardman said:

Didn't Hugh Laurie go to Cambridge University though? That's where he met Stephen Fry and his one-time squeeze Emma Thompson.

Truth.  But he was already in his 20's when he attended university.  He grew up in Oxford, Oxfordshire and expected to go to the same university as his father had. 

16 hours ago, tsar4 said:

If you know any of the shows prior to House that Laurie was involved in (Fry and Laurie, Jeeves & Wooster, Blackadder, The Young Ones...), you'd know he's an amazing actor (and his singing & piano playing ain't too shabby either).

Didn't he play something with Meatloaf?  I think I remember reading that while fact checking.

1 hour ago, Vela said:

Truth.  But he was already in his 20's when he attended university.  He grew up in Oxford, Oxfordshire and expected to go to the same university as his father had. 

Yes, that's true. He was going to be a doctor. Well, that's what his mother wanted for him, anyway.

• Like 1