UnevenEdge

Made In Abyss Episode #19 (Season 2, Episode 6) "The Luring" Discussion!

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Like with each layer you go down. I do not think it starts to become to noticeable until you get into the deeper layers though. 

Hmm.  Then maybe Riko's mother could still be alive?  Well, I guess she wouldn't have died of old age yet anyway lol.

11 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Can't believe I didn't connect the name until just now lol

What a wild change lol

Yea, The Sages and the villagers used to be human but when Belafu became a Hollow he was basically going insane for reasons not shown yet haha at the current point in the story his reasoning has definitely been twisted. 

Plus he his huge and scary and has weird tentacle stalk thingies that come out of his 'eyes', which are really not eyes at all, but two mouths! 

11 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Think Ozen mentioned that the fifth layer and below time can pass quickly without one realizing it.

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Hmm.  Then maybe Riko's mother could still be alive?  Well, I guess she wouldn't have died of old age yet anyway lol.

So, Ozen specifically states that time dilation in the Abyss becomes particularly noticeable once you get past the fifth layer. She says that she went to the fifth and spent what she thought was only a couple weeks down there, but when she returned to the surface a few MONTHS had actually passed. 

We also know that the Ganja Squad arrived at the Abyss ~1900-2000 years ago surface time. But the village itself was created 150 years ago in 6th layer time. So down in the 6th time dilates by like a factor of 13! 

If Lyza is in the 7th layer, or even possibly deeper, and given that time dilation increases further with depth, then it could be easily possible that she is still alive down there. She departed on her final dive about ten years before the current events of the story surface time, and if time dilates by a factor of 13 or greater down in the 6th layer and below, then from her perspective it is possible that only a year or two or even just several months have past. 

Do keep in mind that Ozen said the letter that Riko has was not actually written by Lyza, so she may not be alive, but it is certainly a possibility! 

I have this silly idea/theory that due to severe time dilation, that all of the great cave raiders who went on there final dive are all arriving at the very bottom of the Abyss at nearly the same time and that they are all just chilling down there haha 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Haha 1