UnevenEdge

Which Trump trading card is your favorite?

Mix

I think the terms " someone made this with AI" indicates they did more than find out how to specify what they wanted to see. 

And no, it's not a jab at you spongo. I see people doing this everywhere...I don't think shuffling words until you hit the jackpot is a skill....sounded more like a form of gambling.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I think the terms " someone made this with AI" indicates they did more than find out how to specify what they wanted to see. 

And no, it's not a jab at you spongo. I see people doing this everywhere...I don't think shuffling words until you hit the jackpot is a skill....sounded more like a form of gambling.

As nice as it is that people whom otherwise could not create art can now do so, and how much more we will see now, I have zero respect for people calling themselves artists of any kind when only using an AI to create things. There are pros and cons to AI art, but I think the cons far, far outweigh the pros and will continue to do so more and more as the AI get more refined. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GunStarHero said:

There are pros and cons to AI art, but I think the cons far, far outweigh the pros and will continue to do so more and more as the AI get more refined. 

Setting aside questions of image ownership, what do you mean by “pros” and “cons?”  Art isn’t typically qualified in terms of balancing dualities because, like any form of expression, it’s an endeavor done for its own sake.  The art, even art generated in this form, is distinct from the artist and isn’t subject to the economics of artifice that an artist is subject to.

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Setting aside questions of image ownership, what do you mean by “pros” and “cons?”  Art isn’t typically qualified in terms of balancing dualities because, like any form of expression, it’s an endeavor done for its own sake.  The art, even art generated in this form, is distinct from the artist and isn’t subject to the economics of artifice that an artist is subject to.

I think there is a definite pro or con to who will call themselves artists now that this exists.  I think the idea that there will be professional ai artists is a huge damage to the art industry, not a boon.

It lends itself to the notion that art only needs to be an idea to be valid....you don't need that talent portion, and that is fucking dumb.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I think there is a definite pro or con to who will call themselves artists now that this exists.  I think the idea that there will be professional ai artists is a huge damage to the art industry, not a boon.

It lends itself to the notion that art only needs to be an idea to be valid....you don't need that talent portion, and that is fucking dumb.

That is what I was getting at:  there is distinct difference between the artist and the art.  Historically, things that would never have been considered art in the true sense (like a Golden Age statue of Aphrodite) are art now because that's how modern societies appraise them, and whether or not the creator considers himself an artist at the time, he is still that piece's artist.  Being an artist doesn't imply he will be able to monetize his work or even be considered talented now or in the future, it just means he had a hand in creating an original piece of art.

26 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Ooooh imma argue these so hard when i get home today.

The only way an AI generated piece could ever be considered true art is if the "artist" who inputs the prompts reveals what prompts he or she used, explains how those prompts were turned into a image that is uniquely from his or perspective, and  properly documented where all of the images used to amalgamate the final piece came from and who originally created them.  You have to justify the effort put into the work to make it art.

17 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

7 mana for a 9/9 body plus the boombots are great for filling the board, synergies with N’Zoth decks and any deck that pushes deathrattles. Sure, with power creep, he kind of fell off, but man was this card infamous. Thank you Donald.

8B3CA414-40A6-4C8B-B8F5-83EFA2662500.png

Dr. Vinnie Boom Bots?????

Spoiler

Let's see how many people get this reference.