UnevenEdge

Happy Birthday Dhalsim

Odd Man Rush

12 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Also can we talk about how his appearance is modeled after the bad guy from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with the malnourishment of Ghandi when he was on his hunger strike? 

Can we talk about the stereotypes in Street Fighter....yes pls.

Where you wanna start....I wanna start with fei long. He's didn't even stay a staple, but they just HAD to create a Bruce Lee charcter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Can we talk about the stereotypes in Street Fighter....yes pls.

Where you wanna start....I wanna start with fei long. He's didn't even stay a staple, but they just HAD to create a Bruce Lee charcter

And what the fuck about Chun Li's outfit? How the hell is that conducive at all to fighting? Archer had the same stereotype but it was their AIM to be offensive, as Adult Oriented Animation seems they think they are obligated to be. Street Fighter was geared towards kids, wasn't it? I realize there's gamers of all ages now, but back in those days almost all gamers were kids. Or was it different in Japan?

4 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

And what the fuck about Chun Li's outfit? How the hell is that conducive at all to fighting? Archer had the same stereotype but it was their AIM to be offensive, as Adult Oriented Animation seems they think they are obligated to be. Street Fighter was geared towards kids, wasn't it? I realize there's gamers of all ages now, but back in those days almost all gamers were kids. Or was it different in Japan?

Predominantly kids, but the first time I say a sf2 cabinet, it was in Cali and it was pretty much sewed up with older Asians. Pros, so you were just putting money in to get your ass beat.

When I got home, they finally got it in our local arcade a few months later and it was mostly just kids.

Japan was also pretty adamant that all Americans were blonde, and had flat tops/crew cut....like military, with the alternative being the surfer dude....ken. 

Check out some old jp games

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Predominantly kids, but the first time I say a sf2 cabinet, it was in Cali and it was pretty much sewed up with older Asians. Pros, so you were just putting money in to get your ass beat.

When I got home, they finally got it in our local arcade a few months later and it was mostly just kids.

Japan was also pretty adamant that all Americans were blonde, and had flat tops/crew cut....like military, with the alternative being the surfer dude....ken. 

Check out some old jp games

I just want to say I realized I was thinking of Frisky Dingo with that Chinese woman outfit, not Archer. You may have already realized that and just didn't want to nitpick, which is cool.

7 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I just want to say I realized I was thinking of Frisky Dingo with that Chinese woman outfit, not Archer. You may have already realized that and just didn't want to nitpick, which is cool.

Nah, I liked archer but I don't have all the episodes memorized like Futurama or boondocks. I just assumed they did it too.

• Like 2