UnevenEdge

Yellow Stone is so good

Mix

I like it, but it's so fucking ridiculous.  The character of Beth getting everything she wants in her schemes is lazy writing.  The ranching scenes of legit cowboy work used to drive me crazy, but now I find it endearing?  It's such a tonally weird show sometimes.  Like, also corny.  How is a show this corny the most popular on TV?

4 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

I like it, but it's so fucking ridiculous.  The character of Beth getting everything she wants in her schemes is lazy writing.  The ranching scenes of legit cowboy work used to drive me crazy, but now I find it endearing?  It's such a tonally weird show sometimes.  Like, also corny.  How is a show this corny the most popular on TV?

Tons of popular things are hella corny.

I mean, Taylor Swift just shut town ticker master.

1 minute ago, Mix said:

Tons of popular things are hella corny.

I mean, Taylor Swift just shut town ticker master.

I mean yeah, but this feels like...Dallas corny.  Like finely-aged corn wine.  Corn that has a mortgage and sees a chiropractor frequently.  Corn that doesn't even know the kids made two more Woodstock music festivals.  That kind.

• Haha 1

I had a customer summarize the events of the show to me when I was bringing his internet and television service over to mine from another company. I thought about watching it even though it sounds too much like Prime videos Outer Range without the paranormal or sci fi element. I'd have to get cable or another subscription service or I might check it out still. I'm gonna say I'd prefer Outer Range to it anyway because from what I'vee seen Yellowstone can't beat the Time travel sci fi spin it put on the land war trope.

I mean without seeing yellowstone it's hard to top a middle aged gritty cowpoke shooting it out with a sexy female hippie gone rabid/delusional only to be interrupted by a herd of buffalo that some how ripped through time and space to try and trample them both.

Can't wait for season 2 of that. A lot of Stephen King vibes..

Edited by PhilosipherStoned