UnevenEdge

I'm going to run for office

Mix

You know, I've legitimately considered getting into politics.

You think you'd need to be a lawyer or something like that, but Lauren Boebert was a prostitute without a GED just a few months before she became a congressperson.

So, I mean...

I hear it pays well.

Edited by SwimModSponges
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SwimModSponges said:

You think you'd need to be a lawyer or something like that, but Lauren Boebert was a prostitute without a GED just a few months before she became a congressperson.

So, I mean...

I hear it pays well.

omg, dude, it's fun times.

Like, qualifications aside, you think you'd have to do real work in a position like that, but nope...

it's like sex, you just gotta say whatever you need to say to get in there and once you're in, you're in....you don't have to accomplish anything....

10 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

So, I mean...

I hear it pays well.

It's kinda funny sponges, because obviously your views and ideals are very liberal, but the manner in which you argue politics these days is textbook conservative.

15 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

It's kinda funny sponges, because obviously your views and ideals are very liberal, but the manner in which you argue politics these days is textbook conservative.

Honestly he's just cynical. I really can't blame him with how bad things have gotten.

Textbook conservative is desiring these outcomes. He's just accepting that there's not very much we can do to change them.

You know even if the Democrats strengthen their majority in Congress, all of the MAGA losers will pull a Trump and say the elections are rigged (unless they win of course).

Shit is very bleak. I do have hope that we can get through it, but it won't be easy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

Honestly he's just cynical. I really can't blame him with how bad things have gotten.

Textbook conservative is desiring these outcomes. He's just accepting that there's not very much we can do to change them.

You know even if the Democrats strengthen their majority in Congress, all of the MAGA losers will pull a Trump and say the elections are rigged (unless they win of course).

Shit is very bleak. I do have hope that we can get through it, but it won't be easy.

Honestly this electoral stuff counting on the Democrats is a dead end, the sooner we can all start to accept that the sooner we can move on from this failed system. 

• Haha 2

Re: Sponges arguing like a Republican

What I actually meant is he uses not entirely true clickbait headlines for all his sources: and he's got that THE SKY IS FALLING mentality in everything he says.

Basically I meant he argues like conservative media pandering to conservative viewers, not conservatives arguing against liberals.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Re: Sponges arguing like a Republican

What I actually meant is he uses not entirely true clickbait headlines for all his sources: and he's got that THE SKY IS FALLING mentality in everything he says.

Basically I meant he argues like conservative media pandering to conservative viewers, not conservatives arguing against liberals.

That's mainstream media which is overwhelmingly conservative. Things are very bad right now and I think it's fine that Sponges feels that way about it since things really are that bad. I don't agree with him on how irreversible it is but I get where he's coming from.