Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
katt_goddess

Geeky Window Shopping...

Recommended Posts

...on the internets.

Thinking about getting a device cover thanks to a really cool booth that I've visited almost every year at Con. They only hand out cards at the show because everything is done custom when ordered.

https://geekifyinc.com/product-category/device-covers/

Keep dancing between 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased' , 'DeathNote' , or the blue TARDIS journal cover. The one from Hocus Pocus is also really tempting but I think it's more because it has an eyeball and less because of insane fandom. 

Which one would you get if you could get whichever one and why?

Discuss!...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Deathnote because I don't know what a thing else you said is 

The Handbook is from Beetlejuice and the TARDIS journal is a reference to Doctor Who.

I would have thought you'd grab the Adventure Time themed one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hitchhiker's Guide is disappointing - it should just say "DON'T PANIC" on the front.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

The Handbook is from Beetlejuice and the TARDIS journal is a reference to Doctor Who.

I would have thought you'd grab the Adventure Time themed one. 

Oh Beetlejuice ok cool.

Adventure Time? 

My kids watch it so I get the references but I don't really watch that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

...on the internets.

Thinking about getting a device cover thanks to a really cool booth that I've visited almost every year at Con. They only hand out cards at the show because everything is done custom when ordered.

https://geekifyinc.com/product-category/device-covers/

Keep dancing between 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased' , 'DeathNote' , or the blue TARDIS journal cover. The one from Hocus Pocus is also really tempting but I think it's more because it has an eyeball and less because of insane fandom. 

Which one would you get if you could get whichever one and why?

Discuss!...

I'd choose among the Beetlejuice cover, The Neverending Story, and the Willow one because I'm an old nerd and they're pretty. I'm still mad at myself for forgetting to go back to Hot Topic and get the Handbook for the Recently Deceased lunch box. Spent too much damn money that day so I was supposed to go back a week later and get it. But I forgot! 😭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say….the Death Note, Necronomicon, Gray’s Sports Almanac, or Hocus Pocus book. Best ones up there. Especially Hocus Pocus book. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

*Sees prices*
Fuck that.

This is a window shopping thread after all. :D 

It's an if you could get one which one, not buy all the things this second or else. But I will say that the ones they had for people to abuse the crap out of for themselves at the booth were strongly made and hard wearing. I could see them keeping a kindle or tablet or whatever very safe when traveling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evil Dead Hocus Pocus Beetlejuice FMA and Deathnote and that’s just so far 😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, mthor said:

The Hitchhiker's Guide is disappointing - it should just say "DON'T PANIC" on the front.

I've made that before for someone lol

Yea lotta those covers look more elaborate than others but most of em are same price regardless 

Damn there's even a Sly Cooper one

FB_IMG_1662945380751.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

This is a window shopping thread after all. :D 

It's an if you could get one which one, not buy all the things this second or else. But I will say that the ones they had for people to abuse the crap out of for themselves at the booth were strongly made and hard wearing. I could see them keeping a kindle or tablet or whatever very safe when traveling. 

If I had to pick one, I would pick the handbook for the recently deceased.
Second choice would be the Gravity Falls book.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...