UnevenEdge

You guys seen this bullshit on quiet quitting?

Invisible man

I read about it and just fucking wow. I'd link to a article but they all have useless fluff in them, but it basically boils down to just doing your actual job description and nothing more. 

Crazy when doing the job you were hired for and just that during contracted work hours is called quitting.

Found a pic of some tweets that sum it up nicely.

tumblr_c3974ba01da0b053cda389c984497bad_d53f4b31_1280.jpg

• Like 2

I find zero issue with this . . . ? Wages are stagnant and definitely haven't kept up with inflation for the vast majority of Americans, yet CEO salaries and corporate profits are still up. I encourage people to do the bare minimum if they can get away with it in this market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It’s crazy that they’re trying to guilt trip people for doing the jobs they get paid to do.  Going above and beyond might’ve worked 30 years ago for raises and promotions but fuck that those days are practically gone.  Businesses either need to pay more if they want workers happy enough to do more, or actually hire people to do the extras 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I find zero issue with this . . . ? Wages are stagnant and definitely haven't kept up with inflation for the vast majority of Americans, yet CEO salaries and corporate profits are still up. I encourage people to do the bare minimum if they can get away with it in this market.

Oh I agree, I'm just like why do we have to frame doing the job you were hired and agreed to do and just that be labeled as a form of quitting?

Like what kind of Jedi mind fuck is that?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s crazy that they’re trying to guilt trip people for doing the jobs they get paid to do.  Going above and beyond might’ve worked 30 years ago for raises and promotions but fuck that those days are practically gone.  Businesses either need to pay more if they want workers happy enough to do more, or actually hire people to do the extras 

Agreed, bending over backwards has never ever helped me get a promotion. 

It was funny when they gave it to a coke head though, some how they didn't know he had a problem.

Good times. 

• Like 1

“Quiet quitting” is the marketing/recruiting term/concept made up by the HR and hiring representatives for these same companies. It was designed to trick you/your brain into being guilty over doing just your job that you were hired for.
The reason they coined it was because going above and beyond for no extra was an incentive to drive you to promotion and get extra labor from you. That has since worn out, especially since it was designed mostly to keep poor/POC spinning their wheels in lower-level jobs forever.

As for me, I test the waters. I’ll go above and beyond for the honeymoon period to impress you. Then, if you don’t consider me for upper level stuff (or start taking advantage of me), I’ll pump the brakes on that bullshit FAST. I’m not a “Yes” Man, but I’ll continue giving extra for this who give some back to me. When the employers stop holding up their end, they start hearing “No” pretty quick. 

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Thanks 1