UnevenEdge

What the fuck is with this piece of shit DoorDash app

I'm very new to using DoorDash, so maybe it's just me being dumb.

There's a 24/7 McDonald's really close by but I don't want to drive to right now but I'd like some McDonald's delivered to me, so I'm trying to order on DoorDash. I search for McDonald's and it picks a really fucking dumb location for me to try and order from, and I can't find any way to select a different location or enter one in. What the fuck is with this shit? Why would I order from a McDonald's that's like 20 minutes away when I can order from a McDonald's that's like 5 minutes away? Fucking dumb ass shit piece of crap.

The App favors the driver…. So if they have drivers in that area it will default to there…. If they didn’t, they’d be running all over the place… as it is, they will still need to get that food  to your location, thus, availability in your area will become easier…. Say, if someone wanted a Taco Bell in your area, but they live 20 minutes away.

you’re paying for convenience.

Edited by Sawdy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

The App favors the driver…. So if they have drivers in that area it will default to there…. If they didn’t, they’d be running all over the place… as it is, they will still need to get that good to your location, thus, availability in your area will become easier…. Say, if someone wanted a Taco Bell in your area, but they live 20 minutes away.

you’re paying for convenience.

You'd think they'd let me select a specific location and have them list me what kind of wait that specific location would have, but no. Let me order from wherever the fuck I want and leave a huge fucking tip for motivation for drivers a little bit far.

It would be great for me to order some McDonald's and NOT have it be stone cold by the time it gets here.

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You'd think they'd let me select a specific location and have them list me what kind of wait that specific location would have, but no. Let me order from wherever the fuck I want and leave a huge fucking tip for motivation for drivers a little bit far.

It would be great for me to order some McDonald's and NOT have it be stone cold by the time it gets here.

Oh, let me say it again for the kids in the back… you are paying for convenience… not quality or even service…. As the meals are wrong… a lot… and a lot of times you can’t add in special instructions… like, I’m allergic to shit… or, don’t put cheese on that shit because I have no tolerance for lactose… and finally…. The food is always cold… the service sucks…

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Oh, let me say it again for the kids in the back… you are paying for convenience… not quality or even service…. As the meals are wrong… a lot… and a lot of times you can’t add in special instructions… like, I’m allergic to shit… or, don’t put cheese on that shit because I have no tolerance for lactose… and finally…. The food is always cold… the service sucks…

Well it's paying for convenience in the sense I don't have to go out and get it myself..... but it would be FAR more convenient if I could select any location that I want, so in a sense, I would be paying for inconvenience in this age of anything being readily delivered to our homes.

And I've had nothing but good experiences when I've ordered directly through DoorDash, the food's never cold..... When I order from my favorite pizza place and they sub out their deliveries to Dashers, they suck ass at following delivery instructions but the food is always warm.

In this case it wouldn't be shitty service causing my food to be cold, it would be the fact that it's about a 20 minute drive in between my house and that particular McDonald's.

1 hour ago, GuyBeardmane said:

A DoorDash driver isn't going to drive 20 minutes out of their way to go to a specific McDonald's and deliver it when they've got orders coming in at places just down the street.  Not cost efficient unless they're getting a huge tip to cover the gas.

Which is exactly what I was planning to do.... But it's interesting you assume they'd have to drive 20 minutes to get there*.... I tried a different Burger place I've never heard of before, called The Burger Den. According to Google maps, it looks like it's in the same exact shopping center as the McDonald's I wanted. 🤣 This actually turned out better because that was a great fucking burger.

*What's so much more inconvenient about having to drive 20 minutes from where they are to McDonald's as apposed to having to drive 20 minutes from McDonald's to my house?

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

This is real Karen of you my guy....Either put on pants or take what's offered...It's not hard.  If you want someone to cater to your whims....Get a girl.

Would you be happy with a GPS system where you were looking to find a specific location of a ubiquitous  fast food restaurant, but the GPS only gave you one location, and that one was almost 8 miles away?

It's funny, the DoorDash app showed me lots of places that were closed, but like "dim" in appearance letting me know I cannot select it at the moment.... it would be nice if I could put in a specific location, and if it was unavailable at the moment they could show it to me dim with the "unavailable" label, just like the closed places, but whatever....

45 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Would you be happy with a GPS system where you were looking to find a specific location of a ubiquitous  fast food restaurant, but the GPS only gave you one location, and that one was almost 8 miles away?

It's funny, the DoorDash app showed me lots of places that were closed, but like "dim" in appearance letting me know I cannot select it at the moment.... it would be nice if I could put in a specific location, and if it was unavailable at the moment they could show it to me dim with the "unavailable" label, just like the closed places, but whatever....

Well, I don't order door dash because I don't want some rando handling my food, but I think you confusing GPS with the sites map of activity. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Well, I don't order door dash because I don't want some rando handling my food, but I think you confusing GPS with the sites map of activity. 

It looked like the app uses google maps, but I'd have to use it again to be sure. I was using GPS as an analogy. I was thinking of using google search as an analogy, you search for a specific location and it gives gives you a different one and doesn't let you look for another, but I think google search is too different than what was bothering me, and looking for something using GPS being close.

EDIT: Map of activity? Is that like a map showing where individual Dashers are at? Because I never saw anything like that.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist