UnevenEdge

I got a summons for jury duty

Odd Man Rush

3 minutes ago, Odd Man Rush said:

Nothing happened when I didn't show up the last time I was summoned. Perhaps it's time for another game of Russian Roulette 

I just go in and tell them I have relatives in prison so I can’t find people guilty. They send me home. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Odd Man Rush said:

I wonder what would happen if I wrote "VIVA LA ANGEL DUST" in bright red marker and sent it back to them.

They’ll send you home. Once I got picked to possibly be picked and out of the group of 20-30 they took mostly people with law experience which I thought was weird cuz waaay back when they would never pick anyone with a legal background.  So whatever you do don’t say you’re a lawyer 😬

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Odd Man Rush said:

I wonder what would happen if I wrote "VIVA LA ANGEL DUST" in bright red marker and sent it back to them.

I was called in and went because why not.

When asked what I did in my spare time to unwind, I honestly said that I watch lots of cartoons late at night.

I was put on a federal trial.

• Haha 1

Update, I jumped the gun! But in my defense I have informed delivery which sends me emails notifying of incoming mail for that day complete with pictures and everything. So when I see a mail piece that with Jury Department on the front and "Failure to respond may result in penalties provided by the law" what else am I going to think it is. But anyway it's just a jury questionnaire. What a relief but now I'm going to be paranoid from here on end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nameraka said:

It's okay. Just make sure, if you're called, to have really entrenched opinions and don't shut up about them. You'll be home by lunch.

Unless you have a hardnosed Judge, who takes a dim view of obvious shirkers & decides to let you eat lunch in the "general population".

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It doesn't work anyway.  They don't ask your opinions.

They did for me and the rest of us in the pool.  What is your opinion of Police in general?  Do you have any problem with rendering a verdict for or against those considered to be in authority?  In one of the towns, everyone had to do at least 2 cases in the day.  I had the same prosecutor for both & he asked me if there was anything he did in the first case that would lead me to find for or against him as a prosecutor. 

12 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

They did for me and the rest of us in the pool.  What is your opinion of Police in general?  Do you have any problem with rendering a verdict for or against those considered to be in authority?  In one of the towns, everyone had to do at least 2 cases in the day.  I had the same prosecutor for both & he asked me if there was anything he did in the first case that would lead me to find for or against him as a prosecutor. 

Probably because either a cop was on trial or was the “victim.”  They intentionally don’t ask that question so potential jurors can’t pollute the pool.

53 minutes ago, Gnar Father of the Hard said:

I think katt_goddess should vindicate me hear :3

Why...I mean, people don't even dig into you here....it's always just you talking to yourself then asking for more assistance....what's your goal here?

And I already asked you if you had any actual topics you want to discuss....I won't do that again.

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Why...I mean, people don't even dig into you here....it's always just you talking to yourself then asking for more assistance....what's your goal here?

And I already asked you if you had any actual topics you want to discuss....I won't do that again.

What I would like to say to you privately I'm probably telling you something you already know.  But for the sake of discussion yes, I have multiple disorders including ADHD that make it hard to stay focused on a given task.  I actually like the way people have been reacting to me, it challenges me to do better.

My goal is to take labeling off the media I see and replace it with empathy.  Pretty cut and dry.