UnevenEdge
1pooh4u

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

Just now, scoobdog said:

LOLJK.  It's really just delaying the inevitable. The NFL was originally calling for a year-long suspension but it got reduced to 6 because the NFL has such a shitty domestic abuse policy.  The rationale from the arbiter might sound like bullshit, but she was essentially telling the NFL they didn't have the ability to make such a long suspension based on their own policy. 

I guess im an eternal optimist here.  Im also thinking about the pure shit storm that would hit the NFL if they wind up lowering this suspension.  I know the NFL is basically untouchable, but this is a whole other level of problem for them if they screw this up.

He should be suspended at least a year and 6 games is a joke. The public outcry after that was announced has had to have created immense pressure on the NFL to change something.

They wont change their abuse policy, oh no, cant do that, it would risk far too many of their players being suspended. But they can make a token gesture by publicly flogging the most famous abuser in the NFL right now.

Ill be an optimist and say he gets a full year, the NFLPA appeals, and he gets like 12 games.

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I guess im an eternal optimist here.  Im also thinking about the pure shit storm that would hit the NFL if they wind up lowering this suspension.  I know the NFL is basically untouchable, but this is a whole other level of problem for them if they screw this up.

He should be suspended at least a year and 6 games is a joke. The public outcry after that was announced has had to have created immense pressure on the NFL to change something.

They wont change their abuse policy, oh no, cant do that, it would risk far too many of their players being suspended. But they can make a token gesture by publicly flogging the most famous abuser in the NFL right now.

Ill be an optimist and say he gets a full year, the NFLPA appeals, and he gets like 12 games.

The arbiter was fairly clear.  They're not going to be able to arbitrarily apply a full year suspension even if that's what the public wants and Watson deserves.  I don't see anything that would change the judgement since they can't introduce new evidence to suggest that what Watson was doing qualifies as violent (WTF?!!).

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The arbiter was fairly clear.  They're not going to be able to arbitrarily apply a full year suspension even if that's what the public wants and Watson deserves.  I don't see anything that would change the judgement since they can't introduce new evidence to suggest that what Watson was doing qualifies as violent (WTF?!!).

So PFT is saying this:

I get what you are saying, but apparently when the judge concluded that he broke policy in 3 ways that gave Goodell all the excuse he needs to basically enact whatever punishment he wants. Theyve got other tweets saying that if Goodell is trying to do something its to get the max suspension and then decide where to go from there.

I probably shouldnt get my hopes up that the NFL may actually do the right thing, but Im gonna do it anyways. I just cant believe that they would appeal an already weak suspension so they could make it even weaker.

• Thanks 1

Oh, they're definitely appealing to make it the original year + postseason.  It's just debatable whether they will succeed.

17 hours ago, Sawdy said:

Too much salt! Ya ruinin the stew!

We’ll see who’s salty when you’re dropping c bombs on me for laughing when the Pats and The Buccs lose games and get eliminated from the playoffs, if they even make it at all 💩

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

We’ll see who’s salty when you’re dropping c bombs on me for laughing when the Pats and The Buccs lose games and get eliminated from the playoffs, if they even make it at all 💩

Pats ain’t making the playoffs this year, so let’s just clear that up now.

but neither are the Jets… so golf in January?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

Pats ain’t making the playoffs this year, so let’s just clear that up now.

but neither are the Jets… so golf in January?

The jets could make it with all the extra wild cards. You don’t know.  Lol Matt Patricia gonna show off his amazing offensive skills cuz he did so amazing as HC for Detroit 💩

• Haha 1

I'm not gonna post it here right now, but there's a sentence in today's Why Your Team Sucks on the Houston Texans that made me go "THIS SHIT, RIGHT HERE, THIS IS WHY I READ DEFECTOR AND KEEP TRYING TO GET OTHER PEOPLE TO DO IT AS WELL."

• Like 2

i know its just preseason but im really hype right now. i think we all are for the promise of what the new season brings for all of our teams. and yes even those teams that already know they gonna have nothing to play for, you too can hope. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

HOF caliber former NFL WR Terrell Owens vs a Karen

Trapped in the Closet... With TO and a Karen.

• Haha 1

Becton  out for the season with a fractured knee cap.  Pretty sure the team is gonna be done with him. His conditioning is extremely poor and no one can tell me different. Constantly hurt and injuries that most all players can return from knock him out for entire seasons. Last year is a perfect example of wtf I’m talking about smdh

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1