UnevenEdge
Raptorpat

UnevenEdge Update: Forum Restructuring & Future Plans

I am not a mod.  I've just been helping with the reorganization.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

8 hours ago, Neko said:

Rules?  There were rules?  Lol.  Do what you have to to get more participation.  I can say that I've been with some of you guys almost 20 years so seeing a hammer is a bit weird.  Hoping to see more nudes and ducks.  Cheers you glorious deginerant fuckers!...

....and I really mean ducks.

Hottest Duck in your in box right now bb

2 hours ago, Sawdy said:

Hottest Duck in your in box right now bb

I saw it bby.  It's so big!

5 minutes ago, Neko said:

I saw it bby.  It's so big!

E773C070-CFE0-40CC-9ECD-092EF6EEC64F.jpeg

• Haha 2

Meh, I'll come here and ask this in seriousness....I see the word traffic getting used a lot. Why does a place need traffic to exist. The few that come obviously enjoy it for whatever reason...whether it's to chat or sheer masochism, why does the life of the board have to be dependent on new users and traffic 

If the few people here were paying the server cost (I'm not gonna start) why can't the place exist for those few people who are willing to dig into their pockets in this economy just to congregate. 

I just don't feel like this should be the decision of one person or even 3. If those people are tired of the place, why not just pass the torch to another willing. No one has to die to change management.  You can just quit.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've been looking for someone credible/neutral who might have interest for like three years. 

katt everytime someone nominates her without asking her first:

sweating key and peele GIF

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I've been looking for someone credible/neutral who might have interest for like three years. 

sweating key and peele GIF

Well, who knew this....is this public knowledge because it's the first I'm hearing of it but I'll admit, I kinda stopped reading you post outside of this folder.

So we'll just say it's not Katt. Has anyone else been asked....I do recall Scoob saying at some point he could to some effect but I may be remembering that wrong. At any rate, you have a slew of tech savvy people here that aren't complete assholes...maybe seight, top gun....I think that guy is busy though. 

Maybe ask board wide and see who would want to step up...even this matrixman guy who seems seriously invested. 

I just don't feel as though you're out of options.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Tech savvy? KN is a literal software engineer. Pat's position is about management.

Don't forget you need KN's approval too, lawl

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Tech savvy? KN is a literal software engineer. Pat's position is about management.

Don't forget you need KN's approval too, lawl

And here comes this tool. No one is talking about web security, I'm talking about navigating the software's functions. 

You slow learning twats come with the most sophomoric bullshit to validate the fact that you just don't play well with others.

And as far a KN goes, I doubt he'll care if pat leaves the site, as long as he wets his beak.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

and what is credible and trustworthy, in your opinion, to run these boards?

i'm just curious. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

And here comes this tool. No one is talking about web security, I'm talking about navigating the software's functions. 

You slow learning twats come with the most sophomoric bullshit to validate the fact that you just don't play well with others.

And as far a KN goes, I doubt he'll care if pat leaves the site, as long as he gets his beak.

Mmm, he's expressed his dislike for your babbling clique quite openly on numerous occasions.

Good luck, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Mmm, he's expressed his dislike for your babbling clique quite openly on numerous occasions.

Good luck, lol.

To you too

53 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

and what is credible and trustworthy, in your opinion, to run these boards?

i'm just curious. 

I mean I don't have like a written job posting.

But think like cross-folder, "general" community bona fides, can be trusted with user data, values some degree of continuity/staff collaboration but also has some new energy/ideas, closes the toilet lid when they're done peeing so the cat doesn't accidentally take a swim trying to get up to the window, etc.

It's not urgent (especially if the self-run groups take some of the burden on katt and I) but there's a few people I've got an eye on not just for this question but in terms of helpers/mods/volunteers in general. This transition is giving us an opportunity to work with more/new people on all sides and get a better sense of who is interested in the community generally, so we'll see. It's a slow-burn thing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Well, who knew this....is this public knowledge because it's the first I'm hearing of it but I'll admit, I kinda stopped reading you post outside of this folder.

So we'll just say it's not Katt. Has anyone else been asked....I do recall Scoob saying at some point he could to some effect but I may be remembering that wrong. At any rate, you have a slew of tech savvy people here that aren't complete assholes...maybe seight, top gun....I think that guy is busy though. 

Maybe ask board wide and see who would want to step up...even this matrixman guy who seems seriously invested. 

I just don't feel as though you're out of options.

Not to interject, but part of it is about making administering this place less onerous before worrying about who is doing what.  Just having someone else try to do what Pat has been doing by himself up to this point is just going to end poorly.  It makes more sense to give stakeholders more of a say over their stakes then continue to have one person take all the responsibility for keeping everyone happy.

• Like 3
  • D'oh 1

2 hours ago, NewBluntsworth said:

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

There are stakeholders as in people who do still participate in the community and legacy users/lurkers that have a place to come back to. There is a time investment because of that nostalgia and that sense of community. It's not as ridiculous as you seem to think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3