UnevenEdge

DeMarco bringing back The Pillows for FLCL Grunge and FLCL Shoegaze

Jman

No complaints here, the Pillows are good J-rock through and through. (Carl Kimlinger can rot in a ditch for calling "Scarecrow" "crappy J-pop" in his Moonlight Mile review.) Plus it makes up for the Biscuit Hammer anime staff being too cheap to license any of their songs for even theme music. I mean, why even adapt the manga if you aren't gonna make its namesake the opening anthem?

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, Jman said:

“YOU WILL LOVE FLCL AGAIN DAMMIT!  Sure Crunchyroll has ALL the anime and Netflix is airing the horniest anime since Kakegurui in Bastard!, but we have The Pillows!”

FLCL Progressive...was quite boring

Most people preferred alternative but even then I don't think many people were begging for more FLCL Sequels after that

Eh?  I didn't know any more FLCL shows were being made?  But why, after the reception the others got?  At least the music should be good.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:32 PM, CountFrylock said:

FLCL Progressive...was quite boring

Most people preferred alternative but even then I don't think many people were begging for more FLCL Sequels after that

I must be in the minority, then, because I thought Alternative was more like a generic anime of the time, that happened to have Haruko in it.  Progressive had a lot more artistic merit, with each episode almost being its own short film.  But yeah neither series was necessary.  Though I would call them more spin-offs than sequels, given how loosely connected they are to the original.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ginguy said:

There's a reason why it is called "catching lightning in  a bottle"....

Just be glad Demarco isn't making a Bebop sequel.

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Don't even put that out in the universe.

Bad Ben

Bad

Even DeMarco himself has gone on record that he hates the idea of a Bebop sequel (when he was crapping on the idea of a LA version).  After the disaster of Netflix Bebop, I think we all concur.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, Jman said:

Even DeMarco himself has gone on record that he hates the idea of a Bebop sequel (when he was crapping on the idea of a LA version).  After the disaster of Netflix Bebop, I think we all concur.

Oh ok.  THANK GOD he still has some sense left!