UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden 397-398 Discussion

Just now, saito34 said:

im so confused by the overall timeline of this show...so much so that i think im gonna start from scratch

Yeah this filler arc is taking place towards the end of the two year time skip between the first series and Shippuden.

Start from scratch?!  You must be a glutton for punishment!

5 minutes ago, saito34 said:

im so confused by the overall timeline of this show...so much so that i think im gonna start from scratch

Yeah it's weird timing but this is apparently like a "flashback" in between OG Naruto and Shippuden, toward the end of while Naruto was still off with Jiraiya training.

But it's anime-only filler.

I've kinda started from scratch by watching some Naruto reactions lol.

Edited by DangerMouse

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah this filler arc is taking place towards the end of the two year time skip between the first series and Shippuden.

Start from scratch?!  You must be a glutton for punishment!

it just all feels so mysterious to me at times, like you have to be super dedicated to keep track of everything. I almost wanna do just for shits and giggles

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it's weird timing but this is apparently like a "flashback" in between OG Naruto and Shippuden, toward the end of while Naruto was still off with Jiraiya training.

But it's anime-only filler.

I've kinda started from scratch by watching some Naruto reactions lol.

flashback got it. that certainly explains why it feels so disconnected at times.

and anime only filler kind of denotes scraping the bottom of the barrell for story lines.

Edited by saito34

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

it just all feels so mysterious to me at times, like you have to be super dedicated to keep track of everything. I almost wanna do just for shits and giggles

Yeah, it's such a long run that that definitely happens sometimes. But on the plus side it's also so long it's fun to rewatch some parts.

I think it could be pretty cool as re-watch while skipping at least some of the filler.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, it's such a long run that that definitely happens sometimes. But on the plus side it's also so long it's fun to rewatch some parts.

I think it could be pretty cool as re-watch while skipping at least some of the filler.

ya the filler seems like a legit slog sometimes

16 minutes ago, saito34 said:

flashback got it. that certainly explains why it feels so disconnected at times.

and anime only filler kind of denotes scraping the bottom of the barrell for story lines.

Yeah and super weird timing.

I like the idea of using this somehow totally missing Chunin Exam as an extra story, so this actually wouldn't be bad if it had been timed better.

Edited by DangerMouse

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah and super weird timing.

I like the idea of using this somehow totally missing Chunin Exam as an extra story, so this actually wouldn't be bad if it had been timed better.

agreed...i was genuinely interested but it felt a little disconnected

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

You sure about that? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Naw, Naruto at least had the sense to know most people couldn't stand him.  Even without the Jinchuuriki stigma, he can really annoy people haha.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Naw, Naruto at least had the sense to know most people couldn't stand him.  Even without the Jinchuuriki stigma, he can really annoy people haha.

Not that someone hating him stopped him a lot of the time though, lol

Edited by DangerMouse

fuu_by_epistafy_d5jjob3-fullview.jpg?tok

What is this girl's obsession with cards, backgammon, and baths?!

Also I guess I shouldn't be surprised, with how half-assed the other Jinchuuriki were handled, but it's hard to find any good pictures, fan art or official, of Fu.  She doesn't have much screen time, though this filler helps with that, at least. 

I actually had to use Tineye to find this one, after someone copied this and did a render, then someone else removed the watermark of that person.  So this art got stolen twice ffs.  Then again for all I know this could be ripped from official art or a trading card or something, but this is the oldest version that came up on Tineye.

And for some reason, people tried to ship this girl with Naruto, some even drew kids. xD That was some of the weird art I found.  How the fuck you gonna ship someone that's dead? 🤣

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1