UnevenEdge

A nuclear war wouldn't be all bad...

Lasty

the refractory period

why not?  Do nuclear blasts illuminate or darken the atmosphere?  So that leaves the question of totality and it’s respective neighbor, which won’t be talked about in length.  A blast might empower that wing nut equation, but what about the fringe?

Edited by Ahutz

On 5/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Chapinator_X said:

That’s like hiring an arsonist to unclog a toilet.

Yeah, the toilet’s no longer a problem, but that’s because everything surrounding the toilet is now uninhabitable. 

a good arsonist could do it

• Haha 1

Replaced with so many Chernobyls and Fukushimas, and just enough inhabitable space to make that a problem. Heck, there's still a handful of Japanese sticking it out at the edge of the Fukushima fallout zone rather tham uproot and relocate.

And circling back to the original problem: how much heat does an ionized atmosphere trap?

On 5/13/2022 at 6:59 AM, Chapinator_X said:

That’s like hiring an arsonist to unclog a toilet.

Yeah, the toilet’s no longer a problem, but that’s because everything surrounding the toilet is now uninhabitable. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:11 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

well that doesnt make that stance any more agreeable. 

as much as a fallout fan that i am, a post nuclear world would suck. 

Yes, it would suck, in all the ways you're imagining, AND it would drastically cut our carbon emissions, give the people left a chance to rebuild sustainably.

6 hours ago, Lasty said:

Yes, it would suck, in all the ways you're imagining, AND it would drastically cut our carbon emissions, give the people left a chance to rebuild sustainably.

but whats the point?

the only way to reduce emissions is to annihilate all life on the planet and make most of the planet uninhabitable for any survivors?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 3:46 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

but whats the point?

the only way to reduce emissions is to annihilate all life on the planet and make most of the planet uninhabitable for any survivors?

I did not say "The only way". Please go back and double check that.  Point here is, if you survive one, be sure the people you're with are rebuilding sustainably, since you would have that opportunity.

It's funny how I'm so good at finding silver linings, but I suck at pointing them out. Or maybe other people are just that bad at seeing them?

ppl all like "No, that's a storm cloud, idiot"   -__-

On 5/25/2022 at 9:50 AM, Lasty said:

I did not say "The only way". Please go back and double check that.  Point here is, if you survive one, be sure the people you're with are rebuilding sustainably, since you would have that opportunity.

It's funny how I'm so good at finding silver linings, but I suck at pointing them out. Or maybe other people are just that bad at seeing them?

ppl all like "No, that's a storm cloud, idiot"   -__-

i know you know. but i disagree with any "silver lining" post nuclear war. it can only be seen as a failure of humanity. im sorry but there is no way to discuss a "on the bright side" to this topic. 

• Like 1