UnevenEdge

three busy debra's

season two is about to premiere this sunday(with episodes showing up the next day on hbo max)

and i might have to look into it because i caught some of the first season...but don't think i ever understood the appeal

just seems like another one of those random for the sake of being random adult swim shows...

I like it quite a bit, it's really different from the usual AS fare, I think. I really wouldn't put it in that "random for the sake of random" category. It brings goofy twists to common tropes. Like the one friend being jealous of the other friends being selected for a competitive team while she wasn't... pretty common trope.... but they make it goofy/weird/different by making it something as stupid as cartwheeling, and going on tour for 40 years which in the real world would be really unappealing to pretty much everybody, but in the show it's seen as this prestigious thing.  I don't know, I think it's funny.