Jump to content
UnevenEdge
DangerMouse

Fena: Pirate Princess - Episode 10 "The Curtain Rises on the Climax"

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

An old city of giant skyscraper sized stone buildings.

I'm pretty sure this is inspired by a real ancient site but I don't think the buildings are anywhere near this size.

I was thinking of this place from Mesa Verde National Park, but this place in Yemen is really impressive too.

Mesaverde_cliffpalace_20030914.752.jpg

5d978209d831b211cd7d8615?width=750&forma

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling something really bad will happen if you remove any of that treasure.

The Ark is in here, really?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely taking some inspiration from Castle in the Sky and I have no problem with that because that is an incredible animated movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DangerMouse said:

And she's suddenly dancing...

I would!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this music sounds a lot like .hack.  This show has a sort of remix of the greatest hits of Yuki Kajiura.  Very cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess that's the combination.

Looks like she wasn't really conscious while she was doing it though still weird she'd know it in any way given how young she was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn...kind of a reverse cliffhanger. Climbhanger?

(I'll see myself out)

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Now this music sounds a lot like .hack.  This show has a sort of remix of the greatest hits of Yuki Kajiura.  Very cool.

Yeah!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Abel has that many soldiers?

I think there were a lot on that ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

heat and pressure reactive?

Yeah, I would have liked them to comment on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold, and she's unlocked the Stairway to Heaven!

Oh..nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

The sound in this episode seemed strangely a little "off" for me. True for anyone else?

Nope.  Fine on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ben0119 said:

I think there were a lot on that ship.

Yeah, but we could have used more info from that flashback that he had this kind of backing other than us assuming it due to him somehow having an elite ship with more or less an experimental weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'm pretty sure this is inspired by a real ancient site but I don't think the buildings are anywhere near this size.

I was thinking of this place from Mesa Verde National Park, but this place in Yemen is really impressive too.

Mesaverde_cliffpalace_20030914.752.jpg

5d978209d831b211cd7d8615?width=750&forma

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancestral_Puebloans

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/article/shibam-mud-skyscraper-yemen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, but we could have used more info from that flashback that he had this kind of backing other than us assuming it due to him somehow having an elite ship with more or less an experimental weapon.

Well Abel is a prince supposedly but I thought he abdicated his position?  Not sure haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Well I guess that's the combination.

Looks like she wasn't really conscious while she was doing it though still weird she'd know it in any way given how young she was.

I don't think she was unconsciously doing the dance.  I think Fena just remembered that dance and repeated it here.  And it's not like was a toddler or baby back then.  She seemed old enough to have remembered something like that.  Especially something she did repeatedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Here I thought thinking this show was 26 episodes instead of 12.

Oooof. I hate that feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I looked the episode number up, I'm just sitting here like "That's it? This is the whole show?" Once she gets whatever it is from this place there is no entire 2nd part to this show where Fena embarks on a revenge crusade?

Yeah no Nadia did this way better (and longer) the first time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...