UnevenEdge

Al Snow saves boy from rip current

Real_AirCooledGirl

Two-day old article, but worth mentioning here.
https://www.news10.com/news/former-wwe-star-al-snow-helps-save-child-caught-in-current-off-florida-beach/#:~:text=Remembering 9%2F11-,Former WWE star Al Snow helps save,in current off Florida beach&text=SANTA ROSA BEACH%2C Fla.,the South Walton Fire Department.

I once had the pleasure of meeting Al Snow. It was after a WWE Raw live airing in Wilkes-Barre, PA, in October 2003. After the show, I went to a Bennigan's to meet some of the wrestlers. Snow was there, and so was his partner at the time, Jonathan Coachman. I expected them both to act like dicks. Not because they were dicks (far from it), but because of kayfabe. They were heels at the time and I expected them to stay in character off-camera. I was STARSTRUCK. Got an autograph from him, took some pics, it was awesome. He's a very awesome guy outside of the ring. And his actions two days ago show it in spades.

Sounds like he earned himself some Head. 

36 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

It was after a WWE Raw live airing in Wilkes-Barre, PA,

Maybe it's just the name of the city that makes it memorable but it seems like WWE was there all the time back in the day.

Like damn near every few months they were once again coming to you live from Wilkes-Barre, PA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaBabby said:

Sounds like he earned himself some Head. 

Maybe it's just the name of the city that makes it memorable but it seems like WWE was there all the time back in the day.

Like damn near every few months they were once again coming to you live from Wilkes-Barre, PA

I went to two WWE events in Wilkes-Barre in 2003, five months apart from each other. The first one was a house show. The second one was the Raw airing and Sunday Night Heat taping I mentioned above. Between both events, I met Snow, Coachman, Rico Constantino, Rosey, La Résistance, Test, Booker T, and another of the Anoa'is (IIRC, Roman Reigns before he got famous). There were also some developmental wrestlers and local jobbers. Awesome people.

8 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

and another of the Anoa'is (IIRC, Roman Reigns before he got famous).

Gonna say probably not since there's like a million similar-looking Samoans in that family and he was 18 at the time and not at all involved in wrestling beyond his family connection. 

That is a very 2003 list of Sunday Night Heat All-Stars... Meeting Booker is cool though, at least.

The first event was on Mother's Day weekend. I went there with my mom, stepdad, half-sister, and a friend from school. "Eduardo" and I were both wrestling fans and hung out quite a bit in 11th grade. After the house show, he, "Tyrone", and I went to an Outback Steakhouse to meet the wrestlers (Booker T was during the show, as he was heading back to the locker room after his match).

The following day, we left Wilkes-Barre to go to my stepdad's mom's house in Upstate New York, and that was right near the NY-PA state border. Eduardo and I walked on the railroad tracks near the house, entering PA. He and I both peed on trees straddling the border. So now I can say I've peed on trees in four states: Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York.

*puts on the hat of knowledge (just any hat)*

So in late 90's-early 2000's WWF one of the most popular wrestlers was a guy (Al Snow) whose theme song went "WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?" that came to the ring with a mannequin head, named "Head", that had the word "HEAD", sometimes backwards, written on it. For those of you who don't watch wrestling I made no part of that last sentence up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seight said:

*puts on the hat of knowledge (just any hat)*

So in late 90's-early 2000's WWF one of the most popular wrestlers was a guy (Al Snow) whose theme song went "WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?" that came to the ring with a mannequin head, named "Head", that had the word "HEAD", sometimes backwards, written on it. For those of you who don't watch wrestling I made no part of that last sentence up.

He's used Head in TNA/Impact Wrestling, too. I remember watching him put Grado over. Snow sure knows how to put over the newer wrestlers.

• 3 months later...