UnevenEdge

A Random Thought about Dragon Quest XI

GuyBeardmane

Like, thinking about it even more: the Tockles all surround the Tower of Lost Time, walking up the sides of the building.  It's the biggest collection of Tockles in the entire game.  The dark Tockle that is the soul of Calasmos attaches to the Luminary when he travels through time to catch a ride back so he can keep the Sword of Shadows from being created and thus keeping his body from getting destroyed by Mordegon.  The Tockles of Tickington have all the books that tell the stories of Dragon Quest heroes of the past(?) and are responsible for their care.  In the Post-post-game, there's a superboss called The End of Time (hey, there's a familiar name) that's just a gold colored Calasmos, and after his defeat he says he's the same as Calasmos, but good.

So this makes me think: Tockles are responsible for keeping everything in time secure, and they can grow to giant size to threaten planets.  Lavos travelled across galaxies, landed on the planet in Chrono Trigger, burrowed right on into the earth, and started draining it of energy, while simultaneously causing time to go nutzo and being at the very least somewhat responsible for time gates.  Lavos was a rogue Tockle, and it probably wasn't even the first one to be released.  The reason that we don't see Tockles in Chrono Trigger is because Lavos is far separated from its original form, like how modern animals don't really resemble their prehistoric counterparts.  The Core still has the base DNA, but since then this Tockle sub-species has evolved into spiky death worm because it makes more sense for what it wants to accomplish.

I don't know how to tie Nus into this, but I want to say they're related to Tockles as well.  Mainly due to body shape and association with time gates.

In conclusion: My brain needs to relax and stop thinking about things.