UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

9 hours ago, Seight said:

My boss told us today that another company that we've been sending mail for basically told him "Hey, we've got an office and five employees up here, how would you like it to be your problem now free for nothing?"

Let me clarify, what I mean by that is we didn't have to merge or buy them out, they just sort of...gave it to us.

• Thanks 1

All this talk of AI makes me want to reach out to my old friend who studied cognitive science at CMU. My God, was she such a crazy bitch the last time I talked to her though. Maybe she's helping AI development come along for humanity to finally meet its ultimate demise. Oh well.

Got approved for a new apartment and my old friend referred me to an office job with a decent starting salary. I may finally be kissing shitty service jobs goodbye.

Edit: not the same old friend as the post above it, to clarify.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 6

On 5/4/2023 at 11:22 PM, The_annoying_one said:

Finally got something in the mail today that I’ve been waiting fairly desperately for for months. 
I thought it’d ease my troubled mind more than it actually did, but that’s okay. I’ll still count today as (mostly) a win.

Was it...

...pens?

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’ve never had wonton. I will definitely try it next time.

Wonton soup is good, man! When I lived on the northeast part of Houston, there was a Chinese place that served pork wonton soup. (I'm certain pork wonton soup is a common dish served at most Chinese restaurants, but that's not the point.) I'd always get the large bowl because it was actually pretty cheap at the time. (I don't know how much it is now; I haven't been there in a long, long time.) Now, I'd always end up putting salt and soy sauce in it to give it some flavor because, well, I love salt. lol But even without it, it was still pretty good.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Wonton soup is good, man! When I lived on the northeast part of Houston, there was a Chinese place that served pork wonton soup. (I'm certain pork wonton soup is a common dish served at most Chinese restaurants, but that's not the point.) I'd always get the large bowl because it was actually pretty cheap at the time. (I don't know how much it is now; I haven't been there in a long, long time.) Now, I'd always end up putting salt and soy sauce in it to give it some flavor because, well, I love salt. lol But even without it, it was still pretty good.

Yeah, I just googled it. It looks (and sounds) great. I’m sold.

I’m thinking how utterly insipid it will be tomorrow morning when “another urchin snaps” and proves everything I said in pod 6 right. People should be prepared for gov to come down, because when they do, “our” taudry hides will be grass.

I bought a food scale and have been measuring many things I eat. Today, I measured one serving of cooked pasta (approximately 200 grams), which I always thought was so small. Well, it really wasn't that small. It honestly made me a bit happy.

• Like 4

The way I blocked out Awkwafina from my head in The Little Mermaid's cast list and then got shot back into reality when I saw her annoying face in the clip of the behind the scenes featurette. I have interest in few things coming out, but her ass always pops up in them. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Figures I’d start feeling better today right after I make a doctor’s appt for tomorrow.

Eh….still probably gonna go, though. Can’t hurt.

You have to actually go to the doctor for the cure to be complete - or at least, that's how it worked when the kids were little. They'd be on death's doorstep until I made an appointment, then they'd start improving. By the time we were sitting in the exam room, they'd be perfectly healthy.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mthor said:

You have to actually go to the doctor for the cure to be complete - or at least, that's how it worked when the kids were little. They'd be on death's doorstep until I made an appointment, then they'd start improving. By the time we were sitting in the exam room, they'd be perfectly healthy.

Pretty sure I have strep. Every day of the last 2 weeks has been somewhere between “Eh…I’m alright” and “I’m legit about to die”. Today is more on the mostly alright side. Definitely still going, though. I’ve been thru this long enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Figures I’d start feeling better today right after I make a doctor’s appt for tomorrow.

Eh….still probably gonna go, though. Can’t hurt.

Aaaaaaand there it is.  Answer to my question.  Moving along now.

• Like 2

Me: It's neat that they're naming a stretch of highway in Minnesota after Prince.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz used purple ink on Tuesday to sign the bill dedicating the roadway formerly known as Minnesota Highway 5.

Me: SHIT WAIT THEY SHOULD'VE NAMED IT THAT

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/13/2023 at 10:32 PM, DragonSinger said:

I would have played Fortnite sooner if someone had told me about the Zero Build thing. Building turned me off that game from the beginning, so knowing I can just shoot things without doing that shit makes it appealing to me.

I caught Buddy playing that shit today.

He's your son now, he likes icecream.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

I caught Buddy playing that shit today.

He's your son now, he likes icecream.

Well we gonna become jedi while you're sitting alone without a lightsaber. 🤣

Either it's been too long since I've fixed a low country boil or I used too much of that blackening seasoning and it's kicking my ass. Also thinking about how y'all always gotta learn the hard way to put context IN THE TITLE of videos instead of expecting people to figure it out in the comments. Now you got everyone spreading that Jerry Springer skit as a real life event.

• Like 1

Nothing quite like finally getting over one horrible sickness only to immediately be hit with another even worse one.

I’m supposed to have major plans the day after tomorrow that I’ve really been looking forward to and can’t cancel, but I don’t know how I’m gonna do it now…

EDIT: Guess it was just a 24-hour stomach bug. I feel fine now. 🤷‍♂️😀

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Nothing quite like finally getting over one horrible sickness only to immediately be hit with another even worse one.

I’m supposed to have major plans the day after tomorrow that I’ve really been looking forward to and can’t cancel, but I don’t know how I’m gonna do it now…

EDIT: Guess it was just a 24-hour stomach bug. I feel fine now. 🤷‍♂️😀

Eat some yogurt if they gave you an antibiotic for that sinus infection - your intestinal flora may be out of whack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2