UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

31 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Is that the lelouche anime that everyone pretended to like when it was on AS

yep. I didn't watch it when it came on AS though. Kinda regret watching it on Netflix. 

It started getting real dumb toward the end and I was fast forwarding through it to skip their weird teeny bopper drama. 

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

I wasted 2 days watching Code Geass 

I dont even fucking care what happens in season 2 

*Remembers how badly the ending of S2 pissed me off to the point I'll never buy that anime* I guess it could be entertaining if you go into it knowing everyone is stupid, there's zero consistency, and nothing will play out in a way that makes sense even if you guess early how it ends. Honestly, all I got out of it was plot bunnies for dark gay romance books.

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

yep. I didn't watch it when it came on AS though. Kinda regret watching it on Netflix. 

It started getting real dumb toward the end and I was fast forwarding through it to skip their weird teeny bopper drama. 

When it aired, I posted in GASD and it was full of fanboys of the show....I watched a few episodes but just didn't care

This twitter convo about recommending anime to normal people is killing me. Like you think about an awesome anime, and then as soon as the name of it is about to leave your mouth, a bunch of problematic shit in it pops into your mind so you're like...."Uh...I'mma need a moment." And now I'm more aware of how fucked up I am because it takes me a while to even remember some of the incest gags in anime because it happens so much that my brain just skips over that shit.

1 minute ago, bnmjy said:

@DragonSinger Todrick just lost to Miesha, mostly because everyone saw all the horrible shit he was saying behind their backs, along with his twitter history. Thought you'd like to know, lol

I watched the finale because I wanted Todrick squashed by a unanimous vote, but Cynthia fucked that up. The comments during the vote and the obvious snubs soothed a little of my need for violence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I thought there was no 24:00. I thought it went from 23:59 to 00:00. At least that's how the clocks at my job work.

You asked how do you say it...according to Tom Clancy, that's how you say it....but whatever, this isn't a discussion thread so you're on your own if you don't care for my answer

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

Maybe I’ll be a life coach when I grow up. Maybe I’ll start a cult. I’ll tell people “Be a pretzel. Make them thirsty” and then I can be all mysterious and pretend to be smart. When asked “what does that mean” I’ll just flip it and be like, “idk what do YOU think it means” answering a question with the same exact question makes you look automatically 5 times smarter than you really are. 

where’s the bathroom?

Hmm, where do you think the bathroom is?  Let’s find out together!

bam it’s like you’re a genius now and pulled off the perfect kidnapping. You just got a stranger to follow you. Friggin brilliant!

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

“Be a pretzel. Make them thirsty”

This sounds like thot advice to me lol 

19 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

When asked “what does that mean” I’ll just flip it and be like, “idk what do YOU think it means” answering a question with the same exact question makes you look automatically 5 times smarter than you really are. 

Sounds like therapy

"what do you think it means" then follow it up .... "how does you that make you feel? ... what are some of your thoughts?"

Dog With Glasses GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Stock_Exchange

I used to play this. I'll never forget how much play money I lost on shorting The King's Speech. It had a $15 million budget. Each $1 on the exchange represents $1 million in box office. When I shorted The King's Speech it was trading around $17-18, so people expected it to barely beat its budget.

I had a habit of shorting low budget movies that I thought were too boring or low concept. It was actually my most effective strategy and made me the most money(again, not real money).

I thought I had a steal since I thought it would bomb and they wouldn't even break even. Then it is an immediate hit, makes like $140 million in the USA and goes on to make $400 million internationally.

The King's Speech annihilated me

Edited by Poof
and I still havent seen it. WHY was it so popular?
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Poof said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Stock_Exchange

I used to play this. I'll never forget how much play money I lost on shorting The King's Speech. It had a $15 million budget. Each $1 on the exchange represents $1 million in box office. When I shorted The King's Speech it was trading around $17-18, so people expected it to barely beat its budget.

I had a habit of shorting low budget movies that I thought were too boring or low concept. It was actually my most effective strategy and made me the most money(again, not real money).

I thought I had a steal since I thought it would bomb and they wouldn't even break even. Then it is an immediate hit, makes like $140 million in the USA and goes on to make $400 million internationally.

The King's Speech annihilated me

1. Colin Firth's appeal shouldn't be underestimated. There were people who saw it just to hear him cussing.

2. Geoffrey Rush cast as the second lead was a smart move.

3. It's technically an underdog story which can resonate with a wide audience.

My beef with the movie was how they pretty much left out the reason the brother abdicated was because the chick he chose to marry was a Nazi and he was a sympathizer. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

1. Colin Firth's appeal shouldn't be underestimated. There were people who saw it just to hear him cussing.

2. Geoffrey Rush cast as the second lead was a smart move.

3. It's technically an underdog story which can resonate with a wide audience.

My beef with the movie was how they pretty much left out the reason the brother abdicated was because the chick he chose to marry was a Nazi and he was a sympathizer. 

The starpower was precisely why I thought it would be so lucrative to short it. Most of the low budgets I shorted traded below $5. Not much room for the price to fall since most films can still manage a couple million in box office. Like I'd short 5-10 low budgets at a time and make money off the price going down like $0.40. Kings Speech was always trading above its budget at $15-18. I felt its budget was too ambitious for what sounded to me like and unrelatable intellectual movie. Like a stuffy period piece about some royale with a stutter? Who would even care about that? So I was like OK this is the same type of movie I short all the time except the filmmakers managed to get alil more money than usual. It might go down $10. But yes I was wrong as it rocketed up over $100. I certainly had no idea it was an underdog story either.

• Like 1