UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I may have acquired a problem with coffee. I didn't drink coffee for real before but I'm very disappointed that our office is out of coffee and I'm debating about going to get some from the store next door. 

Or making some before I leave for work in the morning 

Then one of my patients asked me for my e-mail address and my dumbass was trying to find a post-it note big enough for my handwriting and I have fucking business cards. 

This is why I think I need my coffee 

Edited by Vamped
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kudasai said:

I just can't bring myself to watch Christmas specials or movies this year

Earlier this month CN (or was it Comedy Central?) had a week of holiday movies or something, and A Christmas Story was one them, leading me to believe that TBS decided not to do their annual 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon this year. Must have started getting diminishing returns after all this time. I definitely got tired of it.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 1

Kyle from South Park: "Cartman has 10 million dollars. I have a hemorrhoid. There is no god."

I don't necessarily believe in a god myself, but I'm not sure why shitty things happening to good people and great things happening to shitty people somehow proves there is no god. Who says god is just and loving? The bible? How many countless religions has mankind had over the millennia? And the ONLY interpretation of God that COULD  be correct is the Judeo-Christian one? If you suddenly stopped believing either/both of those religions because there is no (just and loving) god, why does that automatically negate any other views of god where god exists but he's just a total asshole?

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kudasai said:

I just can't bring myself to watch Christmas specials or movies this year

I always say that but somehow end up watching atleast a part of Its A Wonderful Life and whichever the one of those claymated Rudolph specials with Yukon Cornelius 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Kyle from South Park: "Cartman has 10 million dollars. I have a hemorrhoid. There is no god."

I don't necessarily believe in a god myself, but I'm not sure why shitty things happening to good people and great things happening to shitty people somehow proves there is no god. Who says god is just and loving? The bible? How many countless religions has mankind had over the millennia? And the ONLY interpretation of God that COULD  be correct is the Judeo-Christian one? If you suddenly stopped believing either/both of those religions because there is no (just and loving) god, why does that automatically negate any other views of god where god exists but he's just a total asshole?

Dont know if you have patience to watch this clip or not (its like 5 mins but skip to about the 2 minute mark) but I thought it was interesting. Its from Grey's anatomy where this one Christian doctor is having a crisis of faith and this rabbi talks to her as he's dying. He kinda says that shitty things happen in the Bible to good people all he time but its not faith if you only believe in God in the good times. My views on Christianity are waaay liberal so I always ALWAYS get into trouble/arguments with old people who like to memorize and quote scripture over everything little thing so I just stop arguing. I think these uber conservative Christians are crazy with their Bible thumping and damning people for every little thing. They're so contradictory, I dont know how/why anybody takes them seriously. 

I can't find the clip isolated anywhere on youtube 

https://www.aish.com/j/jt/Jtube-Greys-Anatomy-When-Bad-Things-Happen.html?jwsource=cl

My interpretation of Jesus from what I've read is that he'll say or do one simple thing and then people come in and attach other things and rituals to it so he's always like ... are you even fucking listening to me?! 

Plus the Bible was written by man who are flawed beings and edited and revised by men in power to control the masses. I think you can go to it for inspiration but you shouldn't take it crazy seriously because how can you? 

• Thanks 1

I'm trying my best to be respectful of work group's culture but they like to order alot of things with shrimp in it and I'm not trying to trigger my allergies. 

So they bought pizza and some of their traditional food. I thought it was easiest to get the pizza but then I was like I should get something else but I'm not trying to dip into the rice dishes because last time it was shrimp in there. One of the ladies was like here try some of this chicken feet. 

Yep ... this is it! I've never had it before but I'm a team player, I can do this. I'm willing to try anything once. 

nervous GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

I took a bite and then realized ... I dont know how I'm supposed to eat this

Embarrassed Ashamed GIF - Embarrassed Ashamed Disappointed - Discover &  Share GIFs

I feel like I've seen someone eat chicken feet in a K-drama but they ate it whole but .... do you eat the bones?!!!

• Like 1

Last night, on my way to work, being night and mid December, full blown dark of night.... on the freeway I saw a car ahead with their tail lights out. I saw another car maybe a week or two previous with their tail lights out, which at first I thought they didn't turn their headlights on, but as I passed them they had their headlights on so their tail lights were out.... so last night I assumed that's what happened with this car, headlights on, tail lights out.... nope. Drove past and their fucking headlights weren't even on. So they're either stupid enough to drive in the darkness of night forgetting to turn their headlights on, or they're stupid enough to drive in the darkness of night without working headlights OR working tail lights.

• Confused 1

I am now thinking about how you eat chicken feet.

I almost bought some a few weeks ago...first time ever seeing them on a store. Normally this type of thing is right up my alley...something weird and new...sign me up.....

But then I was like, I just don't want to eat chicken feet....not like it's too strange....I just don't care how they taste or anything...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vamped said:

I always say that but somehow end up watching atleast a part of Its A Wonderful Life and whichever the one of those claymated Rudolph specials with Yukon Cornelius 

If anything I'll probably end up watching Tokyo Godfathers. It's the one Christmas movie I'll never get tired of watching.

22 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Earlier this month CN (or was it Comedy Central?) had a week of holiday movies or something, and A Christmas Story was one them, leading me to believe that TBS decided not to do their annual 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon this year. Must have started getting diminishing returns after all this time. I definitely got tired of it.

I need an alternative to the usual stuff. Do plan on watching Batman Returns on Christmas night.

Edited by Kudasai

8 hours ago, Kudasai said:

If anything I'll probably end up watching Tokyo Godfathers. It's the one Christmas movie I'll never get tired of watching.

I dont try to watch them on purpose ... I just end up watching them somewhere. Its like that one Harry Potter movie thats always on TV for me. Its always the one where the dude from Twilight dies and his dad is all like .... look at how they massacred my boy 

Like thats the only movie I ever see on TV. It doesnt matter how long the marathon is on .... its always that movie. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, Vamped said:

I'm trying my best to be respectful of work group's culture but they like to order alot of things with shrimp in it and I'm not trying to trigger my allergies. 

So they bought pizza and some of their traditional food. I thought it was easiest to get the pizza but then I was like I should get something else but I'm not trying to dip into the rice dishes because last time it was shrimp in there. One of the ladies was like here try some of this chicken feet. 

Yep ... this is it! I've never had it before but I'm a team player, I can do this. I'm willing to try anything once. 

Embarrassed Ashamed GIF - Embarrassed Ashamed Disappointed - Discover &  Share GIFs

I feel like I've seen someone eat chicken feet in a K-drama but they ate it whole but .... do you eat the bones?!!!

Ohhhh i went through the thread backwards haha

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Vamped said:

I just read a Chinese webnovel where the MC made chicken feet. He marinated them in some type of wine mixture for a day, then stewed it for a day, and on the third day, threw them thangs on a grill. They were described as the bones being softened to where you could eat them whole. It sounded delicious, but way too much effort for me right now.

What the shit?! 

This is the first job I've had where people seems to care about their employees. 

My manager just popped in here to tell me dont stay up here all day. We have a special thing happening around noon then she said get some food and go home XD

Whaaaaaat is this?!! 

(Im salaried so I get paid the same anyway) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

No Way Home better not make me cry because crying while wearing a mask is very inconvenient.

*Looks at occupied reserved seating on theater's website. Feels anxiety building*

Never mind. I'll just dodge spoilers for a bit longer. I can't even try to fuck around here because Georgia's already back in the news for virus spread.

54 minutes ago, Vamped said:

What the shit?! 

This is the first job I've had where people seems to care about their employees. 

My manager just popped in here to tell me dont stay up here all day. We have a special thing happening around noon then she said get some food and go home XD

Whaaaaaat is this?!! 

(Im salaried so I get paid the same anyway) 

Counter point: They're preparing you for an extremely hellish work day tomorrow.