UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

*Blinks* There really is an LDS white lady cabal on Instagram. Frigging Michaels. I almost joined that lady's class they're offering, but my distrust of women with that Stepford Wife look and googling her saved me. These chicks and their little business ventures are getting harder to dodge and I don't like that.

• Like 1

I'm to buy new bedding with cyber monday deals but that shit is intimidating

I just want 2-3 blankets that make me feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud

The options so far are like bamboo super infused hyperbolic sleep chamber apex murder cover in sea algae foam mist at sunset color (5:21 pm, the 5:33 pm option is $10 more)

Dafuq is a duvet? My bed consist of a sheet and a matching blanket

At this point I'm kind of envious of Vikings. Sure they slept on straw, but their options were simple "here's the skin of this large furry thing I killed earlier" ....warmth

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, molarbear said:

I'm to buy new bedding with cyber monday deals but that shit is intimidating

I just want 2-3 blankets that make me feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud

The options so far are like bamboo super infused hyperbolic sleep chamber apex murder cover in sea algae foam mist at sunset color (5:21 pm, the 5:33 pm option is $10 more)

Dafuq is a duvet? My bed consist of a sheet and a matching blanket

At this point I'm kind of envious of Vikings. Sure they slept on straw, but their options were simple "here's the skin of this large furry thing I killed earlier" ....warmth

But you need the matching pillow cases, shams,  and a flat sheet on top of the fitted sheet but beneath the comforter as demonstrated below 

Pokemon "First Starters" 4 Piece Twin Bed in a Bag Bedding Set- Comes with  Comforter, Pillowcase and Sheets - Walmart.com

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vamped said:

But you need the matching pillow cases, shams,  and a flat sheet on top of the fitted sheet but beneath the comforter as demonstrated below 

Pokemon "First Starters" 4 Piece Twin Bed in a Bag Bedding Set- Comes with  Comforter, Pillowcase and Sheets - Walmart.com

I'd go for this if it was like the old Ninja Turtle ones I had when I was little...

and the covers didn't look like they were made of plastic

Which is what I bought my current bedding in, a giant plastic bag bundle from Ross

• Like 1

... this is why I don't really watch real prons for real. I'm concerned/confused ... what/why/how this dinky dude is just jiggling boobs then proceeding to do all the things to 2 women while they're having a terribly scripted/performed therapy session but seem unphased by all the stuff he's doing to them. Nobody appears to be enjoying themselves. It just looks real awkward ... sounds real awkward too.  

I finished it because I wanted to see if Mr. Dinks could get a reaction out of either of them .... nothing everybody's just really bored and they didn't edit out Mr. Dinks almost tripping over his pants because he didn't take his shoes off first. 

Is that the turn on? ... I don't understand what this is about ... why is it marked premium?

Imma just go to bed because I don't even know

cant-sleep-pokemon.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ZzzQuil: Where the varieties are made up and the inactive ingredients don't matter.

I don't know how common this is for over the counter medications or food products but this had me absolutely flabbergasted.....

A while ago my dad told me was having sleep issues because his doctor told him his recurring rash was dude to an ingredient in the sleep aid he was using, the ingredient being propylene glycol (or something similar). So I asked him if he looked for other sleep aids that don't have that, and mentioned Zzzquil. He told me he can't look at the ingredients because the print is too tiny for his old eyes. So I offered to go look for something the next time I go to the pharmacy. I get a box of Zzzquil Ultra tablets, no propylene glycol listed in the ingredients. 

He lets me know today that he doesn't like the pills because they have a really horrible lingering after taste that won't go away no matter how much water he drinks afterwards, so he was going to try the liquid version. None of this shit makes sense to me, especially wanting to try the liquid version when your chief complaint is a bad taste. I was convinced I could find a different style of pill (like tablets vs liquigels kinda thing) so I go to the pharmacy to look for something.

The variety I got him, the Ultra, was not there in another other pill form or liquid form. I found what LOOKED like, judging by the label as close to a "regular" formula Zzzquil might have. Liquigels, so that's good because the bad tasting ones I got him last time were tablets. But the pills have propylene glycol. So I find the liquid version. I found a 6 oz bottle and a 12 oz bottle. Other than the size of the bottle, they looked completely identical. Same label, same flavor, same dosage. But the 12 oz bottle had propylene glycol listed as an inactive ingredient, while the 6 oz bottle did not have it listed anywhere on the bottle. This confused the shit out of me. They're stocking these at the same time with two different formulas, there must be some kind of difference I'm not seeing, because the only difference being the size of the bottle but one having the ingredient and the other not makes no fucking sense to me. 

So I take the bottles to the pharmacist and she takes a quick glance and tells me they are the same thing. I tell her about propylene glycol being in one bottle but not the other. She compares the ingredients lists and asks me "Do you want with or without?" I say "Without" and she says, "this one then." Still confused I'm like, "But are they the same product?" She says yes, the same product because of the same active ingredient. Like apparently this is perfectly normal and accepted practice?

This makes no fucking sense to me. Differences in inactive ingredients SHOULD be important distinctions because they could have unwanted side effects, such as giving my dad a rash, or something much, much worse. But if the labels are tricking you into thinking well "I know this doesn't have the harmful ingredient but I'd like it in a bigger bottle... ah, here we go!" And it triggers an allergy..... How is this ok?

• Like 1

Had to look it up.  It appears to be some kind of solvent used to dilute pharmaceutical compounds into liquid form when water doesn't work.

It's entirely possible that using the solvent might be needed when creating larger packages because water is a less effective carrier of those active ingredients in larger amounts.

• Thanks 1

Riding high since a Halloween party I went to on Fallout Day in October and a TDOR (Transgender Day of Remembrance) vigil I attended last month after that. I met some ladies there. Only got one's phone number, though, but all of them and I are friends on Facebook and I'm friends with one of them on Twitter. The girl who hosted the party? She and I are both gamer girls so we have at least that much in common. Unfortunately for me, though, she's straight. One of the others is a lesbian, too, but she lives out in D.C. and that's a three-hour drive from my house. I've also got eight years on her. I don't mind dating a younger woman but I have a limit: If she wasn't alive when the Nintendo 64 came out, she's too young for me. This gal was two when that console launched but at least it was during her lifetime. I've given thought to entering a T4T sapphic relationship at some point because of the shared experiences. Short of personality conflicts, it's nothing but camaraderie when you gather a bunch of trans gals in a room together. We understand each other better than cis people understand us. I can know a cis woman for years and feel like I still don't know her very well. But I can speak to another trans girl for mere hours and feel like we've known each other our whole lives.

Meanwhile, I still have the hots for my hormone doctor. I revealed this to my mom and a couple other women after the TDOR vigil. Those other two women and I discussed our transition experiences. One of them had a boob job and told us how her surgeon is a lifesaver. That's when I brought up my experience with switching doctors after my original endocrinologist moved out-of-state. After I mentioned my current hormone doctor, the GP, I then admitted that I have a crush on her and have felt this way about her for months. I still can't get her out of my head. At least I have connects in case I come across other prospects. It'll take a special kind of woman to make me forget about pursuing anything with the good doctor. Even if I do pursue anything with her, I'll be discreet and pick somewhere that's not in the context of an office visit.

I was just thinking after seeing a FMA Christmas  meme that I've never seen the Chimera episode. 

I'm aware of it and I can ascertain the feefees over a father damning his only daughter a life as a monster or some shit.....but I have no clue why it's so sad. I need to see it for myself, I know....but what level of sad is it

Fox and the hound Todd gets left on the woods sad?

Aerith dying on FF7 sad?

Finding out he is not the father sad?

SEYMOUR SAD!!!!!!!

If it's Seymour sad, then I concede my point

Edited by SnitchyMcRat
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SnitchyMcRat said:

I was just thinking after seeing a FMA Christmas  meme that I've never seen the Chimera episode. 

I'm aware of it and I can ascertain the feefees over a father damning his only daughter a life as a monster or some shit.....but I have no clue why it's so sad. I need to see it for myself, I know....but what level of sad is it

Fox and the hound Todd gets left on the woods sad?

Aerith dying on FF7 sad?

Finding out he is not the father sad?

SEYMOUR SAD!!!!!!!

If it's Seymour sad, then I concede my point

I want to say Seymour sad but the Chimera episode has been meme'd so much that I've become completely desensitized to it

I still refuse to watch the end of the Seymour episode to this day

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I saw the episode when it ran on [as], and I don't recall having much of lasting reaction since the characters were more or less implements to advance the setting rather than plot integral.  I mean, yeah, you're probably supposed to feel really bad that a guy would sacrifice his entire family for prestige, but you don't get to know any of them well enough to make a bond.  That could be why I find the memes so hilarious:  the sheer bathos of the Tucker family tragedy.

So, on a Buddy scale of sad, I'd say it's.... Shmi Skywalker Lars sad.

Edit: Should specify I saw the original FMA episode, not the Brotherhood episode.

Edited by scoobdog
Clarification
  • Haha 1

I think it hits different if you see it in FMA before seeing it in FMA Brotherhood.  There are a few episodes where it builds up the relationship between the Elrics and Nina, how they see her as a little sister at their home in town, and then out of nowhere Shou just turns his daughter into a chimera because the State is pressuring him for updates on his research.  Also the reason Nina doesn't have a mom is because Shou turned her into a chimera as well.  It's a sudden gut punch of emotion, and before you even get a chance to deal with it Scar comes along and explodes Chimera Nina in an alley.

• Thanks 2

If you saw it before the memes then it would be Seymour sad. I actually still hate seeing the memes because I can never find them funny. Not that I plan on watching FMA or brotherhood again, but I'd definitely not watch those episodes. I don't watch the Seymour episode either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I just realized at midnight I let the cashier at the home decor store scan 3 items twice and I paid for them ....  and there's no way to get a refund on items I don't have

FUCK

You cant go back and say i was charged twice...they do inventory for a reason. It may be a tedious process, vut if its over 50 bucks, im damn sure coming back for it

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

You cant go back and say i was charged twice...they do inventory for a reason. It may be a tedious process, vut if its over 50 bucks, im damn sure coming back for it

3 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Im kicking myself because I know how it happened. Its like 25 bucks and I'm trying to figure out if its worth it. The lady rung the stuff up and then put it in a bin I was going to buy. After she rung up the bin I noticed it was damaged so I took the stuff out of the bin and put it back in the basket. I think my kid started talking or something and I was like ... oh did you scan these already and she said no and scanned them again. 

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

Im kicking myself because I know how it happened. Its like 25 bucks and I'm trying to figure out if its worth it. The lady rung the stuff up and then put it in a bin I was going to buy. After she rung up the bin I noticed it was damaged so I took the stuff out of the bin and put it back in the basket. I think my kid started talking or something and I was like ... oh did you scan these already and she said no and scanned them again. 

Ooooooh.....still....inventory.

For 25 bucks i might say fuck it though.

Do you still have the damaged ones because its possible if you dont, tyey are still sitting in customer service, and theres your evidence.

But seriosy, if it like t miles away and i dont go in that direction often, I'd probably charge it to the game and just try to "win" 25 elsewhere to make me feel better (quotes because i dont mean gambling, just coming up on somethong else)

• Like 1

Can you get a DUI on a horse...seeing as how I've live in rural setting most of my life and jave seen a many a drunk on a horse, im not sure how ive never explored this, but i feel like a trained horse would be more of a designated driver than a danger vehicle to operate.

What if you're a DD and gotta get someone home...how hard is it to get a shitfaced person on a horse.....alcohol has been here way longer than cars so this has had to happen a lot, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:36 AM, cyberbully said:

Can you get a DUI on a horse...seeing as how I've live in rural setting most of my life and jave seen a many a drunk on a horse, im not sure how ive never explored this, but i feel like a trained horse would be more of a designated driver than a danger vehicle to operate.

What if you're a DD and gotta get someone home...how hard is it to get a shitfaced person on a horse.....alcohol has been here way longer than cars so this has had to happen a lot, right?

Yes, yes you can.

This Futurama joke didn't make sense.

Nixon's head and Bender are talking, Nixon goes, "Wait, are you wearing a wire?" Bender goes, "I'm 40 percent wire" holding onto some wires coming out of his compartment. And here's where it doesn't make sense: Nixon says, "Excellent," and they keep talking.

....shouldn't Nixon NOT like the fact that Bender is 40 percent wire?

So the other day to repay a friend for a favor i bought them a pack of smokes, but i haven't been able to deliver them yet.

Last night i had a dream i decided to try one because why the hell not. Smoked some but dropped it on the floor halfway through and it all came apart.

So i'm like "ah well, i'll just smoke another one- WAIT A MINUTE"

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

This Futurama joke didn't make sense.

Nixon's head and Bender are talking, Nixon goes, "Wait, are you wearing a wire?" Bender goes, "I'm 40 percent wire" holding onto some wires coming out of his compartment. And here's where it doesn't make sense: Nixon says, "Excellent," and they keep talking.

....shouldn't Nixon NOT like the fact that Bender is 40 percent wire?

Nixon recorded all his shit

• Thanks 1