UnevenEdge

Steak, potatoes, and mixed veggies!

Real_AirCooledGirl

8 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Is that A1 sauce?

Love the stuff.

No. I used soy sauce for the veggies. The potatoes were leftovers from a previous night and cooked in margarine. And the steak was one of those Omaha Steaks. My stepsister and her husband got a shipment of them from her mother-in-law, and they don't eat red meat. So she gave the steaks and some burger patties to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mthor said:

(shudders at steak) 

With a nice steak like that, I'd eat it raw. But then again, I prefer that beef be cooked as little as possible. If the burgers are nice and lean, you should make some steak tartar or kifto.

You mean raw meat? Hell no! Meat is best cooked! Why would anyone want to eat raw meat such as steak tartare? WHY? COOK YOUR DAMN MEAT!

14 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

You mean raw meat? Hell no! Meat is best cooked! Why would anyone want to eat raw meat such as steak tartare? WHY? 

Because it's delicious. 

(I wish there was an Ethiopian restaurant around here. I can't get the kifto right.)

6 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Raw meat doesn't seem safe to eat PERIOD. It's a primo breeding ground for bacteria and other pathogens! You want foodborne illnesses? That's how you get foodborne illnesses!

The only time I've ever had a food- born illness was 4 years ago. I got listeriosis from a frozen Chinese dinner that was prepared according to package instructions.

38 minutes ago, mthor said:

And I wake up from a nap to find my son in law and Dexter and DeeDee watching Alton Brown making steak tartar...🤗

Still haven't moved me one millimeter.

First time I saw steak tartare on TV was an old episode of Mr. Bean. Mr. Bean ordered the dish without knowing what it was. Once the food arrived at his table, he tried to avoid eating it. And no wonder--IT'S FUCKING RAW! Many years later, I looked it up on Wikipedia and saw a photo; it disgusted me. And last year, while waiting to get on HRT no thanks to COVID, I watched Mark Wiens's YouTube videos where he toured Denmark. He would eat smørrebrød (a type of open-faced sandwich) with steak tartare on it. What the hell are the Danes smoking to eat raw meat? WHY? Add to that a lifetime of working in restaurants and always being taught to cook meat thoroughly, and it's still a hard pass for me.