UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

It’s getting near that time. There’s a shorter preseason, and an extra season game this year. We also get to see extra wild cards thrown in the mix. Yayayayayay! All the teams make the playoffs. 

Fans will be back in the stadium, so far at full capacity,  until Covid19 outbreaks happen, but let’s hope that doesn’t happen. 

The year was long and hard (that’s what she said) football was weird without the fan noise, and we all had to go out seeing the douchiest player in all of football get, yet another, super bowl ring.  

May this football season coming bring much smack talk and joy. And let us never forget, these titans among men, risk grave head injuries all to entertain us.  

I, for one, am eternally grateful to have another season shouting at my tv, and listing the reasons why Tom Brady is a dick, and why Aron Rodgers needs to fuckin shave his mustache. 

• Like 1

• panic pinned this topic

im pumped for the new season!

raider nation represent!

im really hoping to go to vegas this season at least once and watch them play. 

my buddy got tickets to the thanksgiving game in dallas! 

this will be the year that brady falls off the wagon and starts to play like his age.

bastard needs to retire in humiliating fashion. 

• Like 1

The Jets seem to be doing the same ol same ol. They refuse to give Marcus Maye, an amazing safety, a contract.  We’re still letting great players just go. Pretty sure they’re gonna tag him.  Players have really no leverage this season. A lot of players are actually reworking their contracts cuz the NFL got no money. The salary cap is really low for everyone this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The Jets seem to be doing the same ol same ol. They refuse to give Marcus Maye, an amazing safety, a contract.  We’re still letting great players just go. Pretty sure they’re gonna tag him.  Players have really no leverage this season. A lot of players are actually reworking their contracts cuz the NFL got no money. The salary cap is really low for everyone this year. 

come on you gotta approach every new season with hype and hope than the same ol negative energy. new coach, new qb, the payoffs are coming! ride the wave! but yeah, not a good year for contracts. we let go of three great but highly paid offensive linemen because they wouldn't take a reduction of pay this year. teams gotta work their accounting magic for players they really want to keep. 

• Like 1

oh wow seems like a pretty harsh penalty. i agree that there will probably be some back peddling once enough owners and people start to complain. last season was pretty shitty in this regard, we saw several league favorites get less damaging outcomes than others. you think teams would have prioritized getting their players vaccinated this season but here we are. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

oh wow seems like a pretty harsh penalty. i agree that there will probably be some back peddling once enough owners and people start to complain. last season was pretty shitty in this regard, we saw several league favorites get less damaging outcomes than others. you think teams would have prioritized getting their players vaccinated this season but here we are. 

I mean, if the NFL was serious about this they would simply mandate vaccinations for all players and staff.  They have full legal authority to do that. But thats not what they are doing. Instead they are playing this game where they keep trying to get more and more people vaccinated and pretending like theyll treat the teams fairly if they do catch covid.

I’m sure the NY Jets players were all offered the JJ vax. Shit wouldn’t be surprised if JJ was given league wide. 

all jokes aside everyone is reluctant to mandate vaccines that aren’t approved by the fda. When I took mine I had to sign something saying I was well aware that the fda hadn’t approved any vaccine yet.  So the nfl is mandating without directly mandating. The nfl could say get vaccinated or don’t play. Maybe they don’t want any liability issues in the rare event someone gets a weird reaction 

• Like 1

your right in that the league could probably mandate this but the key word is taking this serious.  maybe there are enough owners out there with the mentality of getting a competitive edge over their opponent if they hit a string of bad luck that they decided against it? i could also see this like pooh said and make the penalty so severe that it will give owners no choice.

but we all know owners will only complain when its their team getting fucked and league will most likely cave if theres enough complaining going on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m sure the NY Jets players were all offered the JJ vax. Shit wouldn’t be surprised if JJ was given league wide. 

all jokes aside everyone is reluctant to mandate vaccines that aren’t approved by the fda. When I took mine I had to sign something saying I was well aware that the fda hadn’t approved any vaccine yet.  So the nfl is mandating without directly mandating. The nfl could say get vaccinated or don’t play. Maybe they don’t want any liability issues in the rare event someone gets a weird reaction 

The lack of full FDA approval is a really good point.  Until the FDA gives the all-clear it may be tough to really push a mandate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The lack of full FDA approval is a really good point.  Until the FDA gives the all-clear it may be tough to really push a mandate. 

It’s a valid concern, I suppose. It’s not for the antigovernment crowd though. Ya can’t not trust the government and then say you ain’t taking a vaccine until the government gives an official  thumbs up😆. There are probably quite a few anti vax players and owners in the league. The owners are quiet out of necessity. The players will reveal themselves in time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Assistant coach of the NY Jets died from a bike accident 

https://www.wtnh.com/sports/nfl/nfl-ny-jets/nfl-coach-greg-knapp-dies-after-being-struck-by-car-in-bicycle-accident/amp/

he was on a bicycle. 

thats why i hate riding my bike out on the road. always feels like a car gonna crash into me. 

rip.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s a valid concern, I suppose. It’s not for the antigovernment crowd though. Ya can’t not trust the government and then say you ain’t taking a vaccine until the government gives an official  thumbs up😆. There are probably quite a few anti vax players and owners in the league. The owners are quiet out of necessity. The players will reveal themselves in time. 

well the players aren't big fans of this either. 

most notable deandre hopkins is threatning to retire. 

9 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

well the players aren't big fans of this either. 

most notable deandre hopkins is threatning to retire. 

Then he can retire. These guys play a contact sport in front of thousands upon thousands of fans they have a huge fuckin staff and there is  potential for big outbreaks. Hopkins can afford it if he ot his family gets sick. Might not be true for all those he may encounter 

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Then he can retire. These guys play a contact sport in front of thousands upon thousands of fans they have a huge fuckin staff and there is  potential for big outbreaks. Hopkins can afford it if he ot his family gets sick. Might not be true for all those he may encounter 

i don't disagree with this. the threat of the virus is still there and should always be taken seriously. i also understand why people wouldn't trust the vaccines and not wanting to take them. but i hate the way the league is going about it. labor vs public safety i side with both but take priority with public safety.  

• Like 2

packer haters gotta be loving this offseason!

@tsar4,

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008468-report-davante-adams-packers-break-off-new-contract-talks-sides-in-a-bad-place

it seemed like so long ago when everyone was laughing at the texans incompetence. packers did a hold my beer move on who could have the worse offseason. the answer is still the texans. but packers are a close 2nd. 

I don't see how the Packers could realistically extend Adams this year unless its incredibly team friendly. In order to trade Rodgers next year (which was always the plan as they really don't have the money to pay him in 2022), he has to be on the team at the start of the league year in March. But they currently have to clear something like 37 mil to get under the cap prior to that. So extending Davante at this point would make that very difficult.

After years of sending in random thoughts about Dallas and/or KC and/or Peyton Hillis I have finally made WYTS by taking about the Jaguars.

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

[actual first name that you can see on Defector or whatever lol]:

The Kahn family owns the Jaguars, Fulham FC, and All Elite Wrestling. AEW’s relative success doesn’t so much tell me that pro wrestling is easier to run than a football team, but that if we had ever actually allowed Vince McMahon to buy an NFL team or Newcastle United, as had been rumored in the past, that team would be a SPECTACULAR dumpster fire of a franchise by now.

• Like 2

but the jaguars have been a dumpster fire of a team since forever.

cant say anything about fulham fc. but i'll agree that vince with the jags would be off much worse.

as for rodgers. both sides of that battle have been terrible but rodgers does seem to come off as worse to me as well. at least its finally over. tho they are still fucking up on adams contract lmao. he probably knows rodgers is gone after next season and will be catching balls from love for the next 5 years. 

SMH

Expanded playoffs, what's next NFL, participation trophies? (Might be the only way the Jets will ever get one)

Jags suck. Sorry Florida, but you got one good team, the other two are total blobfish squads.

Cards will be an unholy terror.

Also, Denver will never get Aaron Rodgers because Elway's ego will not permit a quality QB.

Edit: oh, I guess I'll do the pick game if people want to play.

Edited by Ginguy

9 hours ago, Ginguy said:

SMH

Expanded playoffs, what's next NFL, participation trophies? (Might be the only way the Jets will ever get one)

Jags suck. Sorry Florida, but you got one good team, the other two are total blobfish squads.

Cards will be an unholy terror.

Also, Denver will never get Aaron Rodgers because Elway's ego will not permit a quality QB.

Edit: oh, I guess I'll do the pick game if people want to play.

what are you talking about? elway got peyton and almost won 2 sb. his problem has always been with the draft. granted, the 1 sb came off the back of a dominant defense and not peyton, who had injuries finally take a toll on him. but yeah we already talked about how weird it is that a hof qb is really bad at evaluating qb prospects. 

highly doubtful rodgers sticks with the packers after the 2021 season. he will be a free agent next season. i dont think he comes back regardless if they win it all or not. 

im ok with expanded playoffs tho. theres always a team or two that get screwed over every year, so it be nice to see them be given a better chance to make it in. 

13 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

what are you talking about? elway got peyton and almost won 2 sb. his problem has always been with the draft. granted, the 1 sb came off the back of a dominant defense and not peyton, who had injuries finally take a toll on him. but yeah we already talked about how weird it is that a hof qb is really bad at evaluating qb prospects. 

highly doubtful rodgers sticks with the packers after the 2021 season. he will be a free agent next season. i dont think he comes back regardless if they win it all or not. 

im ok with expanded playoffs tho. theres always a team or two that get screwed over every year, so it be nice to see them be given a better chance to make it in. 

Elway couldn't stand that Peyton was hogging the spotlight. Since Peyton was winning SB though he couldn't do much. Look at Tebow, he was really popular, but didn't win SB. Elway sacked him, pure ego. Tebow was a starting QB, not Brady level, but a good starting QB to build around.

Rodgers will be gone, true. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned, maybe he'll end up with Indy for a one year SB run like Rivers.

Every year you have a team or two that get into the playoffs with a sub .500 record, and you have a couple really good teams that lose out due to conference record. You have wildcard slots to cover that, if you don't get in that way then play better in conference.

4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Elway couldn't stand that Peyton was hogging the spotlight. Since Peyton was winning SB though he couldn't do much. Look at Tebow, he was really popular, but didn't win SB. Elway sacked him, pure ego. Tebow was a starting QB, not Brady level, but a good starting QB to build around.

Rodgers will be gone, true. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned, maybe he'll end up with Indy for a one year SB run like Rivers.

Every year you have a team or two that get into the playoffs with a sub .500 record, and you have a couple really good teams that lose out due to conference record. You have wildcard slots to cover that, if you don't get in that way then play better in conference.

thats the problem, 2 wild card slots aint enough. im ok with them opening up a slot or two to help remedy the problem of four division winners getting in automatically in regardless of their record ahem nfc east. 

tebow was shit tier. did you watch any of his games? at no point in his nfl career was he ever any good.