UnevenEdge

how the hell do you people sleep at night?

nameraka

2 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

1. If I lie down face first on my pillow for a few minutes, I will conk out.

2. Running out of spoons. Spoon Theory summary: People with chronic illnesses start the day off with a large handful of spoons, we lose a few spoons for different activities, and when we run out, our bodies go to shit. I will literally pass out where I stand if I'm moving about when spoons are in the negative range(did too much shit and threw away some of the next day's spoons). 

3. An ounce or two of gin(usually in a cocktail). 

4. Reading a boring book.

5. Being too cold.

6. Being too hot.

…………..

what

the

fuck

is spoon theory

edit - nvm… this is the willpower gas tank philosophy thing

Edited by Sawdamizer

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm more shocked that being too hot puts her to sleep. That sounds like heaven.

I need to be freezing to sleep… but her gin thing is on point… well, alcohol… gin makes me turn green and I get all kinds of hulky

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That's odd to me, but being freezing while I'm trying to sleep is generally not a problem I have.

It's probably more of a thing the older you get.

Gin is strange shit.  It doesn't turn me crazy, but I seen enough people get crazy with it to make me wonder what the fuck is up with that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm more shocked that being too hot puts her to sleep. That sounds like heaven.

Only if you like feeling lethargic for a few days afterward. Heat is my body's kryptonite.

7 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's probably more of a thing the older you get.

Gin is strange shit.  It doesn't turn me crazy, but I seen enough people get crazy with it to make me wonder what the fuck is up with that.

This was the reaction I expected after hearing so many messed up stories, but all it did was put me out like a light. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

This was the reaction I expected after hearing so many messed up stories, but all it did was put me out like a light. 

It's hit or miss.  I'm just glad I'm not a fucking berserker when it comes to gin or tequila.

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

Only if you like feeling lethargic for a few days afterward. Heat is my body's kryptonite.

I hate heat. I sleep on the top of the blankets from the moment the ice finally melts until late-late fall, often with the fan on. 

Coffee does that for me. If I drink a pot of it, I have a 50-50 chance of passing out sitting up in the chair if I let it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I hate heat. I sleep on the top of the blankets from the moment the ice finally melts until late-late fall, often with the fan on. 

Coffee does that for me. If I drink a pot of it, I have a 50-50 chance of passing out sitting up in the chair if I let it. 

Living someplace colder sounds so nice. A state with a real winter will make me sleep like a bear the whole season, but darn near anything sounds like an improvement over Georgia.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Living someplace colder sounds so nice. A state with a real winter will make me sleep like a bear the whole season, but darn near anything sounds like an improvement over Georgia.

I really do need a place that has actual seasons in order to recover. People may hate the idea of a winter where it hits -30'F at least once but it really helps reset things on all levels.

When I'm in Georgia, I have that AC CRANKED. Screw it, I'm already paying for it so if the housekeepers need parkas to enter so be it.