UnevenEdge

how the hell do you people sleep at night?

nameraka

I mean, I know not a damn one of you has a conscience. That isn't what I'm talking about.

I mean what do you do to actually fall asleep?

I had been drinking valerian root tea but my body just seems to have decided it won't be affected by that anymore.

I need sleep. Now.

If need be, I'll take yours. 🙁

Edited by nameraka
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I have bipolar disorder. One of the symptoms of bipolar disorder is having trouble sleeping. My medications for bipolar disorder greatly help with getting me to sleep.

great. so all I need to sleep is a little bipolar disorder. 

...so how does one catch that?

23 minutes ago, nameraka said:

great. so all I need to sleep is a little bipolar disorder. 

...so how does one catch that?

Hell, for all you know, you may already have it. See a psychiatrist and see if they diagnose you with something.

If either of your parents are bipolar, it is highly likely you may be as well, as bipolar disorder is highly hereditary (my mom is also bipolar).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Hell, for all you know, you may already have it. See a psychiatrist and see if they diagnose you with something.

If either of your parents are bipolar, it is highly likely you may be as well, as bipolar disorder is highly hereditary (my mom is also bipolar).

great.

my grandmother was bipolar.

I'd rather not have it though, so I guess I'll have to find another way to sleep.

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Protip on falling asleep- try to stay awake.

This is stupid and makes no sense.

About an hour before bed i begrudgingly stop inebriating myself.

Probably a good idea but what about those who don't drink in the first place? I don't drink and I'm pretty sure OP has quit drinking  due to being a recovering alcoholic.

Then i jump in the car and take a few spins around the block. Usually i'll nod off before i even get back to the driveway.

This is stupid and by the way you describe it (usually nodding off before getting back to the driveway), sounds dangerous.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Haha 1

It absolutely makes sense, trying to stay awake always makes you tired. Thats how life works.

And it's not like i'm going out on the highway (except once or twice when i did fall asleep at the wheel and muscle-memory had me driving to work).

Just a couple times around the block, late at night.

Its a school zone so its not like anybody's speeding or anything. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

It absolutely makes sense, trying to stay awake always makes you tired. Thats how life works.

And it's not like i'm going out on the highway (except once or twice when i did fall asleep at the wheel and muscle-memory had me driving to work).

Just a couple times around the block, late at night.

Its a school zone so its not like anybody's speeding or anything. 

Sponges channelling his inner packard again.

8 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

I'm currently typing this on my phone's keyboard as I'm driving around the block.

Figure probably three or four more laps  will do.

vroom vroom.

I want pics the next time you do this cause I can't believe the misses will let you do it 🤣

So update- didn't actually make it around the block that last time, woke up this morning sitting in my car on the side of the road.

Great night of sleep that.

33 minutes ago, helpme said:

I want pics the next time you do this cause I can't believe the misses will let you do it 🤣

Ok, so, funny story-

Spoiler

Obviously I don't actually drive drunk through the neighborhood every night, but otherwise its pretty much what i do- just replace falling asleep while driving with falling asleep playing video games. The wife loves recording me sitting at the computer snoring, then shouting and waking me up. She likes posting the videos online and our friends all find it very funny.

One of the times that inspired the bit i'm running here was a driving game. I'm sitting in the chair with my head back snoring away, car just sitting there, she shouts "babe wake up!" I go "huh?" And then just start driving again like nothing happened. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

So update- didn't actually make it around the block that last time, woke up this morning sitting in my car on the side of the road.

Great night of sleep that.

Ok, so, funny story-

Hide contents

Obviously I don't actually drive drunk through the neighborhood every night, but otherwise its pretty much what i do- just replace falling asleep while driving with falling asleep playing video games. The wife loves recording me sitting at the computer snoring, then shouting and waking me up. She likes posting the videos online and our friends all find it very funny.

One of the times that inspired the bit i'm running here was a driving game. I'm sitting in the chair with my head back snoring away, car just sitting there, she shouts "babe wake up!" I go "huh?" And then just start driving again like nothing happened. 

Oh god 😂😅

30 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

Why did sponges apologize? What kind of pussy whipped bullshit is that auto response?

You can thank his upbringing for that one, not a pussy whipped reaction. If anything I get mad at him for apologizing for everything.

My family has actually pushed him to be more outspoken. My mom within first 6 months of us dating: "just tell her to fuck off!". Hell when him and my dad are together it is insufferable, two smartass peas in a pod. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, nameraka said:

so is that like the street name for something?

I don't really do opiates anymore.

Naw, that's the name of the pills - 'Sleep Better' . Hippies are in charge of naming things there apparently.

Contains skullcap, valerian, ashwagandha, passionflower, and hops. Takes a couple of days to really kick in to where I will fall asleep within 20 minutes of taking them. Then I'll take them for a few days more on that schedule before stopping for a bit. I basically use them to help re-establish a disrupted sleep schedule when I've been having trouble staying asleep. 

It does cause some really funky dreams that tend to kick in shortly before my alarm goes off though. 

1. If I lie down face first on my pillow for a few minutes, I will conk out.

2. Running out of spoons. Spoon Theory summary: People with chronic illnesses start the day off with a large handful of spoons, we lose a few spoons for different activities, and when we run out, our bodies go to shit. I will literally pass out where I stand if I'm moving about when spoons are in the negative range(did too much shit and threw away some of the next day's spoons). 

3. An ounce or two of gin(usually in a cocktail). 

4. Reading a boring book.

5. Being too cold.

6. Being too hot.