Jump to content
UnevenEdge

Recommended Posts

Messy kitchen transformed from terrible to useable in just three hours.  First picture is before, the second is after.

If any kitchen is a frightening gross out, just call the Noisy Alchemist and watch the mess vanish.

 

 

IMG_20210608_103916229.jpg

IMG_20210612_204137187.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to work in restaurants. If I saw a messy kitchen like in the before pic, I'd break into my broken kitchen Spanish and cuss up a storm. I'd use the kind of cussing that'd make the GOAT, Anthony Bourdain, proud.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

That took you Three hours??

Most of that grime had been drying and crusting there for months.  That's not an ordinary wipe up job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Most of that grime had been drying and crusting there for months.  That's not an ordinary wipe up job.

There is way too much shit on the counter.

Why do you not have a range hood?

And most importantly, why would you let your kitchen go like that for three months?! I clean mine daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

There is way too much shit on the counter.

Why do you not have a range hood?

And most importantly, why would you let your kitchen go like that for three months?! I clean mine daily.

It's not my kitchen.  I was paid to clean it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Sofa King Kule said:

It's not my kitchen.  I was paid to clean it.

I wouldn't have given you a dime.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

I wouldn't have given you a dime.

I got $100.  You should have seen the floor and the fridge.  The closet and everything inside the cabinets had to be done.  Then, he insisted on keeping all those coffee cans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2021 at 10:53 PM, Sofa King Kule said:

Then, he insisted on keeping all those coffee cans.

Sounds like a potential warning sign for hoarding disorder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clownhova said:

Sounds like a potential warning sign for hoarding disorder. 

It's part of why I was there.  It was an emergency situation because the landlord and the building inspector were threatening eviction unless the place was made habitable before the deadline date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

It's part of why I was there.  It was an emergency situation because the landlord and the building inspector were threatening eviction unless the place was made habitable before the deadline date.  

That's nice of you to help out. 

Do you know if the tenant is receiving professional help for the underlying mental issues, though? 

Because if not, the place will just get cluttered up again in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clownhova said:

That's nice of you to help out. 

Do you know if the tenant is receiving professional help for the underlying mental issues, though? 

Because if not, the place will just get cluttered up again in no time.

A local program for senior and disabled citizens provides weekly housekeeping service.  I'm helping him with the paperwork and seeing that he meets his appointments for it.

Luckily, he doesn't have a lot of furniture and so, mopping his floors, throwing away obvious debris and keeping the bathroom and kitchen presentable should not be a problem, now that all the heavy work is done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sofa King Kule said:

A local program for senior and disabled citizens provides weekly housekeeping service.  I'm helping him with the paperwork and seeing that he meets his appointments for it.

Luckily, he doesn't have a lot of furniture and so, mopping his floors, throwing away obvious debris and keeping the bathroom and kitchen presentable should not be a problem, now that all the heavy work is done.

I used to help a lady in my neighborhood with stuff around the house.

She has a lot of medical conditions, so I would help her clean and do yardwork for her. 

We convinced her son to move here to help out a few months ago but I still pop by from time to time to see how she's doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...