UnevenEdge

Kentaro Miura, author of Berserk, dead at 54

Jman

That’s horrible. 54 is no time to go. Miura was also one of the few mangaka (or writers even) to capture dark fantasy for all of the tragedy it brought to its characters without being tempted to make edge for edge’s sake.

He also had a far lighter side to him that helped to keep Berserk down to earth and enjoyed the simple pleasures of fluffy media like Idolmaster. From what I got, he shares Junji Ito’s quality of being a mellow dude who’s work was inspired by a fascination in macabre stories; in Miura’s case, it was MC Escher, Go Nagai, Conan the Barbarian, and 80’s sci-fi/horror. 

Ill need to catch up with Berserk, but he was one mangaka I was really hoping to see be able to publish his story’s finale. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:16 AM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Whelp, there it is.

Final Death Pool: Togashi vs. Oda. Who's putting down money?

I don't gamble but my guess would be Togashi only because I love One Piece so I'm not ready for Oda to die.

Plus I think he's close to my age and I don't want any more Gen Xers to die anytime soon.