UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #89 (501) "All Hands On Deck! Class 1-A" Discussion!

Nah man, only been 10 months and change.

But, since those 10 months WERE the worst of the pandemic, or at least the U.S. epidemic (since given the absolute tragedy in India you COULD argue that the pandemic is getting worse), I guess it could be argued that it felt like 2 years.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Nah man, only been 10 months and change.

But, since those 10 months WERE the worst of the pandemic, or at least the U.S. epidemic (since given the absolute tragedy in India you COULD argue that the pandemic is getting worse), I guess it could be argued that it felt like 2 years.

The whole time during the pandemic has been a bizarre time void time paradox.  It feels like it has been forever since covid started, yet at the same time the time has seemed to flown by!  Others have said the same thing and I really don't know how to explain it.  And yeah, 10 months?  Feels like a lot longer than that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The whole time during the pandemic has been a bizarre time void time paradox.  It feels like it has been forever since covid started, yet at the same time the time has seemed to flown by!  Others have said the same thing and I really don't know how to explain it.  And yeah, 10 months?  Feels like a lot longer than that.

If it wasn't for Covid  Season 5 probably would have come out last year...instead after Season 4 concluded it was just a longer wait until the next season

• Like 1

Well today was an eventful day.  It is the first time I have been to the Texas Transportation Museum in San Antonio since early March of 2020, and really one of the first big-ish events I have gone to since the start of the pandemic.  I probably would not have gone if I wasn't already fully vaccinated. 

Which I was by the time I saw Demon Slayer Monday before last, and my favorite local Mexican restaurant last Saturday (actually eating in the restaurant.)

But in both those cases, I picked a movie showtime and location with reserved seating where very few people were at, and there were maybe a handful of other tables occupied at that restaurant, believe it or not, and this on a Saturday night.

There were more people at the museum this last time than I've ever seen, they had the Model T show, were running the steam engine, and has a rummage sale, and it was free admission.  Word apparently got around!  I wasn't really uncomfortable since I'm fully vaccinated.

It was mostly a good day except for the heat which I underestimated (I'm more used to WINTER STORMS in Texas lately lul,) and some technical difficulties running my model trains at the garden railroad for a while, until I got things dialed in with some help from the other club members. 

But man, I got a nasty sunburn on my neck and somewhat on my forearms and face.  I should have brought sun screen and that hat I have people use for fishing and yard work, that shades your head and also has a thing in the back covering your neck.  Good thing I have SolarCaine.  Lesson learned!

But yeah, it also kind of turned into a family get together and mother's day celebration.  Afterwards we went to a burgers and shakes place.

20210508_115018.thumb.jpg.50f7862eacd4c30b174044ea60f3a4da.jpg

20210508_130454.thumb.jpg.5f04096dad762a6d60507c96ad30881e.jpg

20210508_142524.thumb.jpg.a7d4046ca1ba2687499ca633b9d659b6.jpg

3 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

If it wasn't for Covid  Season 5 probably would have come out last year...instead after Season 4 concluded it was just a longer wait until the next season

Yeah the anime production probably got delayed.  Did the manga go on a hiatus because of covid?  I remember reading about a few that did.

Endeavor: consistently absusive and a sociopath
Horikoshi: he's the number one hero now he's redeemed :3
fans: he's undergone no character development and being no.1 hero was his ultimate goal all along
Horikoshi:...........Endeavor is awesome you're supposed to love him now :3

Edited by mochi
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Remember when we made a big deal out of that remote-working disclaimer at the beginning of each episode and now we're like "eh"?

It's just business as usual now.  And Funimation seems to have the system down pat now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

Endeavor: consistently absusive and a sociopath Horikoshi: he's the number one hero now he's redeemed :3 fans: he's undergone no character development and being no.1 hero was his ultimate goal all along Horikoshi:...........Endeavor is awesome you're supposed to love him now :3

Well his son doesn't sound too impressed lol.