UnevenEdge

Toei Will Release A Dragonball Super Movie in 2022

Apparently, the news was leaked out early from an unofficial news site. Whoops! :D As said in the last DB Super episode, that would not be the last we'll see of the show. Toonami doesn't air movies so even if it is dubbed we likely won't see the movie on the block.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

The first two movies were good.  Super had some highlights but a lot of it was crap.  Plus it ruined Goku's character.  I don't know how much I really care about another Super movie at this point.

... those two movies came out before Super. Remember, Super ADAPTED those two movies as its first two arcs. So would they really be called "Super movies"?

On 5/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, elfie said:

... those two movies came out before Super. Remember, Super ADAPTED those two movies as its first two arcs. So would they really be called "Super movies"?

True, calling them Super movies would be retroactive.  And those adaptations of the movies into the series were terrible!

• Like 1

Hey now, I thought the Beerus arc taking place on a cruise ship was kind of an interesting touch, though Episode 5 was so legendarily bad they had to re-animate it, and it still wasn't all that great.

Resurrection of F was resurrection of F regardless which version you watched. I saw both adaptations, and I can't really tell how the DBS version was all that different from the movie, though obviously I've seen the series version quite a few more times than the movie, which I've only seen once.

Hopefully Toonami gets to run the movies someday. Ironically, they've actually lost the rights to the first 26 episodes of Super, for the time being, at least.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey now, I thought the Beerus arc taking place on a cruise ship was kind of an interesting touch, though Episode 5 was so legendarily bad they had to re-animate it, and it still wasn't all that great.

Resurrection of F was resurrection of F regardless which version you watched. I saw both adaptations, and I can't really tell how the DBS version was all that different from the movie, though obviously I've seen the series version quite a few more times than the movie, which I've only seen once.

Hopefully Toonami gets to run the movies someday. Ironically, they've actually lost the rights to the first 26 episodes of Super, for the time being, at least.

Good thing Super didn't adapt Broly. It only makes me wanna see it on my own. (I did not see it)

17 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

The terrible production values, art and animation quality of the Super movies compared to how they were presented in the series for one, and then all the needless padding and dragging things out.  It really hampered the beginning of the series.  Seeing stretched out, inferior versions of content we already saw.