UnevenEdge

4 days no nicotine

bnmjy

Cold turkey too. I'm not out of the woods yet, but the worst is over. I've never been addicted to such a high amount of nicotine before. Vaping allows one to consume nicotine more places than smoking, and at higher strengths of nicotine. The withdrawal hasn't been as bad as I thought. My anxiety and irritability has been rather low compared to other times I have quit. I have difficulty concentrating, I'm barely sleeping, I have a nagging headache, and everything physically feels hotter. I know these symptoms symptoms will gradually subside.

Good luck to anyone else trying to kick shitty habits picked up from the pandemic.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

I have difficulty concentrating, I'm barely sleeping, I have a nagging headache, and everything physically feels hotter. I know these symptoms symptoms will gradually subside.

No that's just the natural state of any asian who isn't currently smoking and it's not a curable disorder.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Cold turkey too. I'm not out of the woods yet, but the worst is over. I've never been addicted to such a high amount of nicotine before. Vaping allows one to consume nicotine more places than smoking, and at higher strengths of nicotine. The withdrawal hasn't been as bad as I thought. My anxiety and irritability has been rather low compared to other times I have quit. I have difficulty concentrating, I'm barely sleeping, I have a nagging headache, and everything physically feels hotter. I know these symptoms symptoms will gradually subside.

Good luck to anyone else trying to kick shitty habits picked up from the pandemic.

If I stop smoking, I'm a total train wreck.

Just no good to anyone who does the hiring.

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Good for you! 

When my buddy quit he said the first 3 days were the worst part

8 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Good for you! 

When my buddy quit he said the first 3 days were the worst part

Yeah, cause there's still trace amounts of nicotine in the body. Once it's gone, it's mostly a psychological game.

6 hours ago, Commander McBelch said:

That's offensive to every weaboo

Stay in you lane bitch, some of us can contextually say things you can't because we didn't spend all of our time proving we are racists.

You just don't even realize that a Puerto Rican boy's life just saved your own.  You really don't fucking know.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

Stay in you lane bitch, some of us can contextually say things you can't because we didn't spend all of our time proving we are racists.

You just don't even realize that a Puerto Rican boy's life just saved your own.  You really don't fucking know.

With what?  Another post in here?

• D'oh 1

19 minutes ago, Commander McBelch said:

With what?  Another post in here?

It's the right day, Sempsey..  the right fucking day.. 

And why is your name so fucked that I have to keep telling my autocorrect your ass ain't Dempsey. 

Bitch made family name. Good to know the bloodline likely ends with you...I'm sure your brother is a cuck and them ain't his kids

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It's the right day, Sempsey..  the right fucking day.. 

And why is your name so fucked that I have to keep telling my autocorrect your ass ain't Dempsey. 

Bitch made family name. Good to know the bloodline likely ends with you...I'm sure your brother is a cuck and them ain't his kids

You're talking Greek.

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, Commander McBelch said:

Seriously, you're making about half as much sense as Arnold Ziffel.

At least try not to sound like such an old fart, if you wanna go playing a different personality route.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

almost 1 month, no relapse, no replacements, nothing

I think I can officially now say I quit the habit for good.

Congrats.
Enjoy some of the fringe benefits, like getting some taste, and smell back.

Also, yes. Kids, old people, and the world ARE that annoying, even now. Sorry, it’s just how it is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, lupin_bebop said:

Congrats.
Enjoy some of the fringe benefits, like getting some taste, and smell back.

Also, yes. Kids, old people, and the world ARE that annoying, even now. Sorry, it’s just how it is. 

I was vaping, so my sense of taste and smell haven't changed much. I still can breathe easier, cough and sneeze about 90 percent less often, and have more energy.

Like I said “some”. It is relative.

Also, vaping has its own issues, only if done stupidly. I like the idea and implied reasons. It’s tailor made for this kind of situation. Oh! Also, I’ve always wanted to ask: Are flavors worth it? Meaning, do people actually like them in vapes?

Just now, lupin_bebop said:

Like I said “some”. It is relative.

Also, vaping has its own issues, only if done stupidly. I like the idea and implied reasons. It’s tailor made for this kind of situation. Oh! Also, I’ve always wanted to ask: Are flavors worth it? Meaning, do people actually like them in vapes?

Flavors are popular, yes, I imagine moreso with people who started vaping without ever having smoked. I started smoking cigarettes before I vaped, so I mostly stuck with tobacco flavors.