UnevenEdge

Harmony Gold, Tatsunoko, and Big West FINALLY settle Macross distribution rights, Macross shows can now air outside Japan

Jman

2 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

wait what

My assumption is Sony threw a shitload of money at everyone, but Big West acknowledges Robotech as its own thing, and Harmony Gold acknowledges it is not the global owner of Macross.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, Ginguy said:

Can we get a decent dub for Macross 7 and Frontier....

Here’s hoping.  Harmony Gold has said they would no longer try to block it, and they don’t want a cut of anything but the original Macross (In exchange for Big West recognizing them as the legitimate international distributor of the original series and Robotech as a valid use of the license).

• 2 weeks later...

Big West is going to begin to release all the post 1987 Macross content, and they're starting with Flashback 2012, a series of music videos that serve as an epilogue to Do You Remember Love? (the in-universe excuse being it's Lynn Minmay's farewell tour before leaving Earth on the SDF-2 Megaroad).

Edited by Jman
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Saw Macross Plus last night at my AMC. It was hot, but I will say I like the OVA more (which is hard for me to say given the extra eye explosions and titties in the movie).

It looked like Fathom used an upscaled SD version because it was really blurry / had NTSC black levels so I'm guessing no-one has the Blu-ray release rights here yet, but in due time (I will buy the shit out of that when it drops).

I missed the little "Intro To Macross" featurette at beginning though. Walked in right as the movie was starting.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:06 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Saw Macross Plus last night at my AMC. It was hot, but I will say I like the OVA more (which is hard for me to say given the extra eye explosions and titties in the movie).

It looked like Fathom used an upscaled SD version because it was really blurry / had NTSC black levels so I'm guessing no-one has the Blu-ray release rights here yet, but in due time (I will buy the shit out of that when it drops).

I missed the little "Intro To Macross" featurette at beginning though. Walked in right as the movie was starting.

Is this the Macross that was a 4 episode OVA that aired on the Sci-Fi channel?  I liked that one...