UnevenEdge

The ULTIMATE dessert (Best one I've made to date!

schmahxgn

Over the duration of most of the night and aftor intesive research, effort, mise en place, baking, etc. I have completed what, for now, is probably going to be my magnum opus for a while...

Two-layer vanilla-matcha (green tea flavor) butter mochi cake with a honey, almond, walnut, pecan center, topped with a drizzle of both rose-lemon honey syrup, and tempered white chocolate as well a crushed phyllo; the whole of which is served with raspberry sorbet. The white cholate has an affinity with raspberry, and the raspberry in turn has an affinity for green tea, but green tea in matcha form also works well with the milk in the tempered white chocolate, and the cardamom in both the cake and the honey almonf pecan walnut spread is also compatible with green tea. That's not even the full extent; the smooth creamy legume spread with the soft springy mochi cake and the crispy phyllo also had a gorgeously extravagant texture contrast as well, and the tart acidity of the sorbet kept the cake from being overwhelming. 

20210124_031518.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...