UnevenEdge
stilgar

2024 Presidential Elections mega-thread

Alright, lets start speculating who the republicans are gonna force down our throats.

• Thanks 1

I think I summed it up nicely.  It was an absolutely perfect post.

1 minute ago, Sawdamizer said:

She hates you more than nabs does

I don't think so.  And you know Nabs really loves me.

5 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

my thread noooooooooooooooooo.............

Eight pages too soon, or 192 pages too late?

Just now, Raptorpat said:

you say that like the answer isn't obviously the-

ouch, i stubbed my toe. 

Nikki Haley is the favorite in Establishment circles.

The Dakota gov has really seen her recognition skyrocket though. Lots of people in the GOP have given her praise for how she has handled Covid. 

But all this is worthless speculation because we know whos going to win in 2024. 

836c8a56-4546-45d5-890d-88a6fa7ab173.jpe

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Should of let it get to 2020 pages 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Form the subreddit public freakouts.... Trump2024

The funniest part is her ranting about a weird flag. Lol like bitch did you not see your peeps replace an American flag for a Trump 2020 flag during the seige?  These fuckin people for real

they really shoulda read that prenup before they all divorced from reality cuz now they’re soulless, delusional and morally bankrupt 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The funniest part is her ranting about a weird flag. Lol like bitch did you not see your peeps replace an American flag for a Trump 2020 flag during the seige?  These fuckin people for real

they really shoulda read that prenup before they all divorced from reality cuz now they’re soulless, delusional and morally bankrupt 

She thinks the trump flag is the American flag.

• Like 2

Fine, I'll post in here, but you can't make me like it.

seeing as trump will never be convicted by our current senate, his massive ego will try to run again in 2024 as he threatened to do so last year. 

our hope is that his fatass will be too sickly/dead to be able to stand, much less speak. 

if he starts working out/dieting, i will be worried. 

most likely, we will get a trump approved candidate running in 2024, with his arm firmly up said person's ass gripping their spinal cord. *slow clap*

I really feel like he's gonna keep grifting to at least raise "campaign" money. I really don't feel like the GOP has the balls to tell him no and back someone else though.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 2:28 AM, Mix said:

He's tanned, he's rested, he's ready....

3 minutes ago, stilgar said:

How is this different from what republicans do any other time?

Well, this time they're doing it harder because last time they were still defeated.

Thing is, all these people be like "Oh, Trump will fade away, eventually people will pretend they never voted for him" etc.

Nope.

He is the party now.

• D'oh 1

You might need to check your math on that one again. Because 46% is not 100%.

It's some deliciously hilarious irony that they'd even consider running a third party. We all know obviously this is only ever going to be a two-party system.

They've effectively shot themselves in the foot. Can't run their usual guys, cuz they won't bring in the Trump votes. Can't run the Trumpy guys, the party has already hemorrhaged voters over that mess. Even if they tried, dems have 4 years of clear examples for why they will always be a bad idea.

Trump lost. Decisively. No future Trumps are going to be able to recapture that glory. Any whiff of it will be enough to mobilize the same turnout for the same results.

At least, for the next, idk, 20 years or so. Long enough for the public to think it's all ancient history. We're kinda stupid that way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

You might need to check your math on that one again. Because 46% is not 100%.

It's some deliciously hilarious irony that they'd even consider running a third party. We all know obviously this is only ever going to be a two-party system.

They've effectively shot themselves in the foot. Can't run their usual guys, cuz they won't bring in the Trump votes. Can't run the Trumpy guys, the party has already hemorrhaged voters over that mess. Even if they tried, dems have 4 years of clear examples for why they will always be a bad idea.

Trump lost. Decisively. No future Trumps are going to be able to recapture that glory. Any whiff of it will be enough to mobilize the same turnout for the same results.

At least, for the next, idk, 20 years or so. Long enough for the public to think it's all ancient history. We're kinda stupid that way.

46% is not a small cohort of the party.

The republican party is not going to cut itself in two- that would be obvious political suicide. Rather than risk losing 46% of their base, ~92% of the remaining republicans will join the original 46%.

The republican party has become, and will remain, the party of Trumpism.

It's irresponsible to say "The american people won't follow a right-wing populist autocrat in the future" when a massive number of americans continue to follow the one we've currently got.

Hey here's a fun one to think about: 2028 presidential election between AOC and Jeff Bezos.

Shit, put a lot  of money on that  one. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

46% is not a small cohort of the party.

The republican party is not going to cut itself in two- that would be obvious political suicide. Rather than risk losing 46% of their base, ~92% of the remaining republicans will join the original 46%.

The republican party has become, and will remain, the party of Trumpism.

It's irresponsible to say "The american people won't follow a right-wing populist autocrat in the future" when a massive number of americans continue to follow the one we've currently got.

Hey here's a fun one to think about: 2028 presidential election between AOC and Jeff Bezos.

Shit, put a lot  of money on that  one. 

I doubt the nature of Trump's influence can be gauged just yet. At least a year needs to pass before any real assessment can be made I think. There are actual Republican ideals that members of the party try to live up to and there will surely be a wrestling with where that should be. You have to think of the other side of that coin, the whole party isn't going to kowtow to Trump and there's just as strong a likelihood of creating a big group of swing voters.