Jump to content
UnevenEdge
ZoomBubba

US accuses China of 'genocide' of Uyghurs

Recommended Posts

Well, I guess it's better late than never:

 

Quote

 

The US has officially determined that China is committing genocide and crimes against humanity against Uyghur Muslims and ethnic and religious minority groups who live in the northwestern region of Xinjiang.

"This genocide is ongoing, and...we are witnessing the systematic attempt to destroy Uyghurs by the Chinese party-state," US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement Tuesday, on the last full day of the Trump administration.
 
"Since at least March 2017, local authorities dramatically escalated their decades-long campaign of repression against Uyghur Muslims and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups, including ethnic Kazakhs and ethnic Kyrgyz," Pompeo said.
 
The US State Department has previously estimated that up to two million Uyghurs, as well as members of other Muslim minority groups, have been detained in a sprawling network of internment camps in the region.

 

 
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took way to damn long.  And its absolutely true that its a Genocide.  

 

They have fully industrialized genocide to not only wipe out an entire people, but to force them into slave labor to sell shit to us.  

 

Which is why companies like Nike have lobbied so hard against this designation and bans on products from that part of China.  Its slave labor, they know its slave labor, but they dont give 2 fucks because it makes them money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that Trump saved legitimate stuff for like the last fucking day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody cares about the Karen. Why would they care about the Uyghur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Love that Trump saved legitimate stuff for like the last fucking day.

I had to double check to see if it was still his people at the State Department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Love that Trump saved legitimate stuff for like the last fucking day.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-muslims-pompeo/pompeo-says-chinas-treatment-of-muslims-enormous-human-rights-violation-idUSKBN1WO2TP

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday that China’s treatment of Muslims, including the Uighurs, in western China was an “enormous human rights violation” and Washington will continue to raise the issue.

“This is not only an enormous human rights violation, but we don’t think it’s in the best interests of the world or of China to engage in this kind of behavior,” Pompeo said in a television interview with American broadcaster PBS.

Asked whether Chinese President Xi Jinping was responsible, Pompeo said: “Xi Jinping leads the country just like the leader of a tank platoon, a small business or a country is responsible for the things that happen in your name.”

Punishing Beijing for its treatment of Muslim minorities, the U.S. government this week widened its trade blacklist to include some of China’s top artificial intelligence startups and announced visa restrictions on Chinese government and Communist Party officials it believes responsible for the detention or abuse of Muslim minorities in Xinjiang province.

 

Pompeo on Sunday called on all countries to resist China’s demands to repatriate ethnic Uighurs, saying Beijing’s campaign in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang was an “attempt to erase its own citizens.”

U.N. experts and activists say at least 1 million Uighurs, and members of other largely Muslim minority groups, have been detained in camps in the remote region."

Date: October 9, 2019

 

Maybe if the media wasn't so busy screaming about cartoon frogs and made up conspiracies...

 

  • D'oh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from the dude that locked children in cages and brainwashed his followers into storming the capitol and killing themselves with COVID, it’s surprising that he would have a “coming to Jesus” moment about any world politics that didn’t involve himself, let alone condemning China’s treatment of Uyghur Muslims. 

But if not condemning China crimes against humanity towards Uyghur Muslims earlier ends up being his biggest regret, I’ll at least give him more credit than Dubya’s “Kanye said I didn’t like black people, and that’s not cool cause I’m not racist or a hater.”

Edited by Chapinator_X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to believe that this administration cared about Muslims in any way and it was more "You think we're bad? Look at these guys!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-muslims-pompeo/pompeo-says-chinas-treatment-of-muslims-enormous-human-rights-violation-idUSKBN1WO2TP

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday that China’s treatment of Muslims, including the Uighurs, in western China was an “enormous human rights violation” and Washington will continue to raise the issue.

“This is not only an enormous human rights violation, but we don’t think it’s in the best interests of the world or of China to engage in this kind of behavior,” Pompeo said in a television interview with American broadcaster PBS.

Asked whether Chinese President Xi Jinping was responsible, Pompeo said: “Xi Jinping leads the country just like the leader of a tank platoon, a small business or a country is responsible for the things that happen in your name.”

Punishing Beijing for its treatment of Muslim minorities, the U.S. government this week widened its trade blacklist to include some of China’s top artificial intelligence startups and announced visa restrictions on Chinese government and Communist Party officials it believes responsible for the detention or abuse of Muslim minorities in Xinjiang province.

 

Pompeo on Sunday called on all countries to resist China’s demands to repatriate ethnic Uighurs, saying Beijing’s campaign in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang was an “attempt to erase its own citizens.”

U.N. experts and activists say at least 1 million Uighurs, and members of other largely Muslim minority groups, have been detained in camps in the remote region."

Date: October 9, 2019

 

Maybe if the media wasn't so busy screaming about cartoon frogs and made up conspiracies...

 

Oh look.  Pompeo said something that sounds good and does absolutely nothing.  It's a shame the media didn't report on Mike Pompeo being absolutely fucking useless, just like the treasonous 45 president of the United States.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we lay down an ultimatum for Jingo yet? Either nut the fuck up and use your own words, or get the fuck out of here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Oh look.  Pompeo said something that sounds good and does absolutely nothing.  It's a shame the media didn't report on Mike Pompeo being absolutely fucking useless, just like the treasonous 45 president of the United States.

 

4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Punishing Beijing for its treatment of Muslim minorities, the U.S. government this week widened its trade blacklist to include some of China’s top artificial intelligence startups and announced visa restrictions on Chinese government and Communist Party officials it believes responsible for the detention or abuse of Muslim minorities in Xinjiang province.

Go eat your feed corn hog.

 

  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ginguy said:

Go eat your feed corn hog.

Looks like my cock is in high demand.  Want me to slap you with it before I shove it down your throat?

At least with my dick in your mouth, you'll get something more than the net result of Trump's slapdash tariffs and visa restrictions.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems jingo is feeling safe to post ore now that trump is out of office . Maybe he thinks we forgot about how he is a fascist sack of shit who needs to fucking go.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

 

Go eat your feed corn hog.

 

 

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Either nut the fuck up and use your own words, or get the fuck out of here.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ginguy said:

 

Go eat your feed corn hog.

 

And now with no more MAGA material to post, Ginguy tries to reclaim relevance to the board by courting an alliance with.... nabs????

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

Coming from the dude that locked children in cages and brainwashed his followers into storming the capitol and killing themselves with COVID, it’s surprising that he would have a “coming to Jesus” moment about any world politics that didn’t involve himself, let alone condemning China’s treatment of Uyghur Muslims. 

 

I've come to think that Trump doesn't view the world as being a planet full of real people but instead views it as if it's some sort of TV show. People are not "real" to him nor are any of the calamities he sees. His world is essentially his family, where ever he is sitting and the TV/phone screen in front of him. It's really not that different from many people in developed countries now that have access to such distractions. 

For him, I think it's about seeing some talking head praise him for taking the initiative before Biden and somehow "redeeming(?)" his legacy. It's weird, I just think it might be a move for him to say "I did it, Biden didn't." Either that or he thinks it's going to create some sort of political difficulty for Biden, particularly if he actually believes Biden is pro-China.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...