Jump to content
UnevenEdge
ZoomBubba

Which Senate Republican is the most disgusting

Most disgusting Republican Senator  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the most disgusting Republican in the U.S. Senate

    • Tom Cotton
      0
    • Ted Cruz
    • Josh Hawley
    • Cindy Hyde-Smith
      0
    • John Kennedy
      0
    • Roger Marshall
      0
    • Tommy Tuberville
    • Mitch McConnell
    • Lindsey Graham
    • Other
    • Rand Paul
      0


Recommended Posts

Here's a poll for you.

I've listed all the Republican Senators who objected to the certification of the electoral vote after the insurrection at the Capitol. Plus, I've listed Trump's prime enablers Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham as well as very vocal suck ups like Tom Cotton and Rand Paul. 

Tell us why you've made your choice. 

Edited by ZoomBubba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to choose Lindsey Graham. I hate Tom Cotton, but Graham takes things to another level with his sniveling and sucking up. Even after he said he was "done with MAGA" he turned around and said "impeachment would tear us apart."

Really, fuck that dude. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Other:  ALL OF THE ABOVE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

I had to choose Lindsey Graham. I hate Tom Cotton, but Graham takes things to another level with his sniveling and sucking up. Even after he said he was "done with MAGA" he turned around and said "impeachment would tear us apart."

Really, fuck that dude. 

Only if you want to listen to him crying for like an hour after you nut.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted Cruz willingly cucked himself into being Trump’s fingerpuppet after he disrespected his wife and father because it meant he could use Trump’s remaining ilk to spearhead another failed presidential campaign for himself.

McConnell is the one that deserves Super-COVID the most, but Cruz is the one that would be the most likely to let Trump donkey-punch his wife if he asked.

He also ate a tonsil stone on live television. 

Edited by Jiro_Dreams
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could make the argument that it changes daily, but for the moment I had to go with Hawley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jiro_Dreams said:

Ted Cruz willingly cucked himself into being Trump’s fingerpuppet after he disrespected his wife and father because it meant he could use Trump’s remaining ilk to spearhead another failed presidential campaign for himself.

McConnell is the one that deserves Super-COVID the most, but Cruz is the one that would be the most likely to let Trump donkey-punch his wife if he asked.

He also ate a tonsil stone on live television. 

I figure Cruz is the most likely to be their next candidate for presidency despite being hated by his peers, both Republican and Democrat (but most by Republicans). He is popular with their base though and if it weren't for Trump he probably would've been the 2016 nominee. I thought he'd be more dangerous than Trump because unlike Trump, Cruz is a true believer willing to immolate himself for his cause. I think he could've won in 2016, but I don't see general election prospects being so bright for him in 2024. I'm figuring the last thing the majority of voters are still going to remember the last time they voted in a radical at that point and say "we're happy with boring."

  • Haha 2
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say Tommy Tuberville, but only because my college football fandom informs me that he's probably going to resign to join a higher-paying government in three years.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McConnell is evil incarnate and actually smart, so this has given him the ability to fuck up way more shit for a lot longer than anyone on that list. May that fucker fall into a volcano feet first.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindsey is comically pathetic, but I hate Rick Scott the most, from what I've heard about his voter suppression tactics as governor of Florida and now one of the senators to oppose casting the vote after the riot. Plus, he looks like Voldemort.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McConnell

Not only has he been able to keep most of the ire from the Trumpers focused in others by never making the damnable mistake of ever contradicting Trump, somehow magically able to convince the average republican voter that the reason government never gets anything done is because of the democrats despite everyone knowing anything the House passes just collects dust on his desk for years, two administrations and counting, because he is the sole republican senator who has the power to pick and choose what the Senate discusses/debates/votes/takes any action on whatsoever while still being able to state with a straight face that this inaction is a good thing because any action the government takes would steal freedom from the people, and let us never forget that the last three Justices happened all because of McConnell and without him there would be more liberal Justices on the Court and despite being Trump appointees, every single voter, regardless of party, know these appointees really are McConnell's and he never had to really advocate for any of the Justices letting Graham take all the heat since Graham was on the committee.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

Ginguy sure likes giving the "D'oh" to everything I post. 

I cant believe he even dohed this

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing that kept me from picking McConnell is that he seems to have a line that he won't cross in regards to placing his own personal ambition above the long-term good of the Republican Party, which includes self-destructive acts like triggering terrorism and insurrection. I put people like Graham, Cruz and Hawley on a tier of badness above him because you can predict McConnell's thinking which is always "will this help the GOP dominate the government?" He's not going to steer the party that's going to counter that goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

403396141_MichaelCantDecide.gif.ddd493dd4aa91aed2576dfd7d0eb5b61.gif

 

Just what are you trying to do to me. This is like an impossible choice. I mean they're all so deliciously terrible. How am I supposed to pick just one?!

Kramer.gif.339eb714e1ef0ed228872cf374d56afe.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

724780084_HeadExplodes.gif.d98adba8befad824318e8146f0d6d2da.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Lindsey is comically pathetic, but I hate Rick Scott the most, from what I've heard about his voter suppression tactics as governor of Florida and now one of the senators to oppose casting the vote after the riot. Plus, he looks like Voldemort.

Rick Scott sucks astronomical amounts of cocks for what he did to Florida. He torpedoed our economy, oversaw one of the largest Medicare frauds in the nation, butchered our unemployment system to the point of making people jump through hoops and ladders to qualify, let the coasts get ravaged by red tide, and oversaw large amounts of election fraud, including when they threw out ballots during the close election that lead to Desantis and Scott’s victory in the last midterms. 

Rubio comes close to being just as garbage, but he’s another bitchmade politician from the 2016 primaries who pretends to be a victim whenever someone asks him to take accountability for the decisions he makes. “Yes, of course I sympathize with you losing your children to a mass shooting, but it’ll cost me if I don’t take more NRA $$$ to continue fucking you all over for the remainder of my tenure.” His “I wanna quit” sad-boy tantrum before running for the 2016 election is all you need to know about his character. 

Deathsentance also swallows swords, but he’s governor so he can only reserve an emergency jar of Trump’s farts to huff when the copium runs out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't follow senators enough to form this sort of opinion but McConnell waiting until the very last minute to support barring Trump from holding government office kinda supports the demon narrative.

Still kinda funny though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

Rubio comes close to being just as garbage, but he’s another bitchmade politician from the 2016 primaries who pretends to be a victim whenever someone asks him to take accountability for the decisions he makes. “Yes, of course I sympathize with you losing your children to a mass shooting, but it’ll cost me if I don’t take more NRA $$$ to continue fucking you all over for the remainder of my tenure.” His “I wanna quit” sad-boy tantrum before running for the 2016 election is all you need to know about his character. 

A lot of people in Trump world want Ivanka to challenge Rubio in 2022: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html

I never got the Ivanka thing. People keep saying she's the smartest and most accessible of the Trump children, but when I see anything to do with her she seems more out of touch with reality than Don Jr. and Eric. She doesn't seem like a very complex thinker when it comes to things and also shares Melania's lack of self-awareness.

  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

A lot of people in Trump world want Ivanka to challenge Rubio in 2022: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html

I never got the Ivanka thing. People keep saying she's the smartest and most accessible of the Trump children, but when I see anything to do with her she seems more out of touch with reality than Don Jr. and Eric. She doesn't seem like a very complex thinker when it comes to things and also shares Melania's lack of self-awareness.

Ivanka only appears to be the smartest Trump because she’s been playing respectability politics and danced around her father’s abuse of power to avoid getting uninvited to events and galas with her asshole husband. Now that the Trump brand has been stained by her father’s skid-mark on the American flag, she’s starting to make impotent attempts to corner her dad’s market like posing with a can of beans or cheering on the capitol riot. It’s not like Nordstrom was going to keep her. The only thing she can do at this point is double down on being the one approachable face in a bumbling crime family. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chapinator_X said:

Ivanka only appears to be the smartest Trump because she’s been playing respectability politics and danced around her father’s abuse of power to avoid getting uninvited to events and galas with her asshole husband. Now that the Trump brand has been stained by her father’s skid-mark on the American flag, she’s starting to make impotent attempts to corner her dad’s market like posing with a can of beans or cheering on the capitol riot. It’s not like Nordstrom was going to keep her. The only thing she can do at this point is double down on being the one approachable face in a bumbling crime family. 

I guess if she's going to do it anywhere Florida is the place to do it. The state has just enough rednecks and John Birch Society Hispanics to make it at least seem possible. I shouldn't call them "John Birch Society" but a significant number of South Americans and Cubans have focused on the "communist" and "socialist" part of the countries they or their parents fled that they're willing to elect an anti-democratic authoritarian because, well, he says he hates who they hate.

Funny how that seems to work pretty well in getting elected but not so much in actual politics.

  • Like 1
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

A lot of people in Trump world want Ivanka to challenge Rubio in 2022: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html

I never got the Ivanka thing. People keep saying she's the smartest and most accessible of the Trump children, but when I see anything to do with her she seems more out of touch with reality than Don Jr. and Eric. She doesn't seem like a very complex thinker when it comes to things and also shares Melania's lack of self-awareness.

Ivanka has been skating by on nothing for a long time at least in part because she says as little as possible.  But, the reality is that her faux pas during the insurrection was a timely enough mistake to give potential opponents an opening on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Ivanka has been skating by on nothing for a long time at least in part because she says as little as possible.  But, the reality is that her faux pas during the insurrection was a timely enough mistake to give potential opponents an opening on her.

True, but as far as primaries go, it's her dad that's going to be doing all the talking. I don't know how big his base will be in 2022, but I'm sure there will be a significant number of Republicans who will drink bleach if he told them to do. Enough to sway voters in an already kook-filled state like Florida. Look at the people they've elected to positions of power so far.

  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoomBubba said:

True, but as far as primaries go, it's her dad that's going to be doing all the talking. I don't know how big his base will be in 2022, but I'm sure there will be a significant number of Republicans who will drink bleach if he told them to do. Enough to sway voters in an already kook-filled state like Florida. Look at the people they've elected to positions of power so far.

Something to consider:  Trump's insurrection gambit changed the dynamics of his base irreversibly when he pushed them to attack.  One of the things about mobilizing your base is that there are certain points-of-no-return, one of them being when you mobilize them into an armed force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 4:33 AM, ZoomBubba said:

A lot of people in Trump world want Ivanka to challenge Rubio in 2022: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/trump-allies-ivanka-challenge-rubio-florida-senate.html

I never got the Ivanka thing. People keep saying she's the smartest and most accessible of the Trump children, but when I see anything to do with her she seems more out of touch with reality than Don Jr. and Eric. She doesn't seem like a very complex thinker when it comes to things and also shares Melania's lack of self-awareness.

Being smarter than Don Jr is like being smarter than an especially dumb rock. Complex thought isn't a prerequisite.

The smartest is probably Barron on the basis that he kinda never says anything publicly.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, ZoomBubba said:

The main thing that kept me from picking McConnell is that he seems to have a line that he won't cross in regards to placing his own personal ambition above the long-term good of the Republican Party, which includes self-destructive acts like triggering terrorism and insurrection. I put people like Graham, Cruz and Hawley on a tier of badness above him because you can predict McConnell's thinking which is always "will this help the GOP dominate the government?" He's not going to steer the party that's going to counter that goal.

That's only because McConnell's personal ambition is the long term good of the Republican party.....with him at the helm. He is the party and the party is him. That's why he so rarely ever said anything bad about Trump, a Republican President.  I fully expect McConnell to vote to convict Trump but draw the line at preventing Trump from holding office again. The good Republicans will eat that shit up. The neverTrumpers, the whateverTrumpdoesiscoolaslongaswegetJustices,Judges,andotherconservitivegoalslikemytaxesdone Republicans, and the Trumpers that think there might be a small chance Trump wasn't the Messiah they wanted will be eating right out of McConnell's hand. And he will still get the Trumpers vote because he will demonize the Democrats and lay all blame on them for Trump being unable to run again in 2024...something that McConnell desperately wants too but he's too afraid of alienating the Trumpers.

 As for Graham, Cruz, and Hawley, who do think is pulling their stings? If you think it's Trump, I assure you that is according to McConnell's plan.

In the coming months, I fully expect mouth from McConnell, but there will be bipartisan support for much of Biden's agenda. The Impeachment Trial will be placed on the back burner till sometime in February, the Senate will confirm Biden's appointees...with carefully chosen Republicans (namely Hawley and Graham since I think McConnell wants to get some heat off of Cruz) throwing a wrench here and there, some bickering of the next stimulus but it will pass, and then it will be time for the Impeachment Trial. After which McConnell will begin to switch gears from playing nice to blaming the Democrats and watching the Deficit leading to Obama version 2. Basically stopping everything the Dems want and convincing his voters that it's the Dems fault their lives suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget what a piece of shit Rand Paul is:

Quote

 

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quickly criticized President Joe Biden’s inauguration speech on Wednesday, saying Biden was calling Republicans racist.

“If you read his speech and listen to it carefully, much of it is thinly-veiled innuendo calling us white supremacists, calling us racists, calling us every name in the book, calling us people who don’t tell the truth,” Paul said on Fox News Primetime.

Paul said he also thought Biden was calling his political opponents liars.

 

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article248658995.html

  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Sen. Josh Hawley on Monday filed a counter-complaint with the Senate Ethics Committee against the seven Senate Democrats who had previously filed a complaint against him and Sen. Ted Cruz over the two Republicans’ objections to the results of the 2020 presidential election.

“The idea that one Senator who disagrees with another Senator can therefore have that Senator punished, sanctioned, censured, or removed is utterly antithetical to our democracy and the very idea of open, lawful debate,” Hawley (R-Mo.) wrote in a letter to the seven Democrats.

 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/25/hawley-ethics-complaint-democrats-462053

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I just put Mconnel in the lead over Cruz with my vote here. Honestly I'm sure Ted Cruz is disgusting, but he's boring as fuck and falls off my radar way too easy. I can see him being hoisted up by the same disgusting people that deified Trump, but that would probably be twice as laughable in the end game stage so meh. Mcconnel's like fucking Palpatine merged with a Koopa, and says some pretty inflammatory shit for someone that claims that his opposition is the real divisive enemy every chance he gets. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

What the fuck kind of 15 year old was he? Especially in the 1990s?

When I was 15 my thoughts were geared toward buying music, buying beer and all that pussy I wasn't going to get. This fucking guy sounds like he sat around and hung around the old uncle who listened to Rush Limbaugh all day. Seriously, I was a slightly older teenager than this guy and I don't think I ever met anybody who remotely sounded like this guy when I was that age. I mean ... what? I didn't even bother learning the definition of socialist or libertarian until I was in college. Did this guy spend Friday nights watching the McLaughlin Group with his parents?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

What the fuck kind of 15 year old was he? Especially in the 1990s?

When I was 15 my thoughts were geared toward buying music, buying beer and all that pussy I wasn't going to get. This fucking guy sounds like he sat around and hung around the old uncle who listened to Rush Limbaugh all day. Seriously, I was a slightly older teenager than this guy and I don't think I ever met anybody who remotely sounded like this guy when I was that age. I mean ... what? I didn't even bother learning the definition of socialist or libertarian until I was in college. Did this guy spend Friday nights watching the McLaughlin Group with his parents?

I am very skeptical the claims made in that article are true.

What the hell's a 15 year old doing writing for a newspaper? He should've been on his bike delivering that shit to the customers' porches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I am very skeptical the claims made in that article are true.

What the hell's a 15 year old doing writing for a newspaper? He should've been on his bike delivering that shit to the customers' porches.

The Kansas City Star is a reliable source, so I don't doubt that they featured a letter to the editor from him.

From what I can tell without looking at the original letter, the headline is misleading. He didn't actually defend McVeigh or Nichols as far as the actual bombing goes, but the perspective of the militias instead. Not nearly as exciting as the original headline makes it out to be. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

The Kansas City Star is a reliable source, so I don't doubt that they featured a letter to the editor from him.

From what I can tell without looking at the original letter, the headline is misleading. He didn't actually defend McVeigh or Nichols as far as the actual bombing goes, but the perspective of the militias instead. Not nearly as exciting as the original headline makes it out to be. 

Ok, a letter to the editor is much more believable than what I was picturing with businessinsider's label of a "column," like the paper themselves hired him as a writer for their paper. I don't know if it's just me misunderstanding the meaning of a "newspaper column" or businessinsider doing shady journalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Ok, a letter to the editor is much more believable than what I was picturing with businessinsider's label of a "column," like the paper themselves hired him as a writer for their paper. I don't know if it's just me misunderstanding the meaning of a "newspaper column" or businessinsider doing shady journalism.

Considering the size of the town and the size of the newspaper, I doubt they would have had an adult columnist on the staff let alone a teenager under 16 years old. The position of Opinion Writer or Columnist was usually only a luxury that larger city, state or national papers could afford. Even then, they usually tried to syndicate those guys when they could. Almost all in-house columns either come from the staff or editor, and that's when they have time to do it. Even back in the 1990s most places relied on syndicated columns or letters to the editor to fill the pages.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't know if it's just me misunderstanding the meaning of a "newspaper column" or businessinsider doing shady journalism.

As a general rule, as soon as you get to a sentence that says something like "as originally reported by X" with a link to the article, just click on that and read the real thing instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

As a general rule, as soon as you get to a sentence that says something like "as originally reported by X" with a link to the article, just click on that and read the real thing instead. 

I tried but it led me to a paywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I tried but it led me to a paywall.

copy and paste the url then put a period after the .com.

That'll usually get past paywalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Ok, a letter to the editor is much more believable than what I was picturing with businessinsider's label of a "column," like the paper themselves hired him as a writer for their paper. I don't know if it's just me misunderstanding the meaning of a "newspaper column" or businessinsider doing shady journalism.

Letters to the editor would be considered a newspaper column so it isn't a disingenuous statement. He wrote one and made it in, it's true by definition, so I think this one is on your end. I don't assume multiple by hearing one was written. I see a lot of mainstream news sources now using random bloggers at times because some people just get better stories and using theirs is better than spinning their own from it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all fuckin are. McConnell’s refusal to hold the impeachment hearings before the inauguration was all a ploy so that they didn’t have to take action. Now the GOP Senators can say “well I certainly would have convicted him had he still been POTUS, but now it’s too late” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Letters to the editor would be considered a newspaper column so it isn't a disingenuous statement. He wrote one and made it in, it's true by definition, so I think this one is on your end. I don't assume multiple by hearing one was written. I see a lot of mainstream news sources now using random bloggers at times because some people just get better stories and using theirs is better than spinning their own from it.

There is a bit of a difference. The newsrooms I worked in, we usually considered most letters-to-the-editor to be reactions to things we printed, announcements and congratulations ...  were pretty much "we have space to fill op-ed page" stuff. Columns tended to be longer and held to a higher standard in order to be featured. Often, we make sure to give columns special placement and a different byline than letters to the editor. It's a blurry line, but you'll find most newsrooms see a difference.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

McConnell putting some real effort in.

Motherfucker is way passed his expiration date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...