UnevenEdge

SECRET SANTA Covid 2020 edition ♥

Neko

16 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

does @Neko drink beer? i have something that i couldn't fit in scoob's box (weird...i've never had that problem before) and i could send that along. it won't make it by xmas though :(

I can answer this, she does. She sent me a chocolate beer and zucchini bread once

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

does @Neko drink beer? i have something that i couldn't fit in scoob's box (weird...i've never had that problem before) and i could send that along. it won't make it by xmas though :(

Pssh.  I love new beer.  Willing to exchange gifts again though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

So why didn't you just wait to change partners instead of bailing?

Because I regretted signing up a bit almost immediately, didn't even understand how it worked (I thought we were going to do an anon partner thing?), got him and really regretted it, noped out and found out I was going to have to continue 10-16 hour nights with an almost four hour commute.  I didn't want to put forth the effort.   

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

In all fairness, viper pmd me someone else's address to send him shit.... only later finally admitting to who he was.... 

I'm not docking her for not wanting to exchange with him.  I'm just wondering why she decided to full bail instead of sticking around and, perhaps, switching with someone else who ended up not having a partner.....

• D'oh 1

1 minute ago, Le Guignon said:

Because I regretted signing up a bit almost immediately, didn't even understand how it worked (I thought we were going to do an anon partner thing?), got him and really regretted it, noped out and found out I was going to have to continue 10-16 hour nights with an almost four hour commute.  I didn't want to put forth the effort.   

I'm pretty sure Neko is in the same boat as far as a work schedule given her profession.  I mean, you do what you have to do, but it looks bad that Neko got left out and Kat had to step in.

• D'oh 1

15 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I'm pretty sure Neko is in the same boat as far as a work schedule given her profession.  I mean, you do what you have to do, but it looks bad that Neko got left out and Kat had to step in.

Looks bad for who? Not my fault LB didn't come through.

I quit early enough for even Viper to find another partner.  I'm not the only one to quit either. 

In Le_Guig's defense, she asked for a reroll and no one responded for a few days.

I or someone on staff will help with the organizing/backend next year, including making sure there are clear guard rails to prevent mess-ups.

New accounts won't be allowed to participate, we will be more strict about removing trolly posts from the thread during signups, and I'm sure there are more things that will come to mind over the next eleven months to help neko make it a better event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

In Le_Guig's defense, she asked for a reroll and no one responded for a few days.

I or someone on staff will help with the organizing/backend next year, including making sure there are clear guard rails to prevent mess-ups.

New accounts won't be allowed to participate, we will be more strict about removing trolly posts from the thread during signups, and I'm sure there are more things that will come to mind over the next eleven months to help neko make it a better event.

Ok. I checked.... Xmas is on December 25th next year. Let me know if I can help further.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Fair enough.  Like I said, though, I don't fault anyone for not wanting Viper.  Guy's more crooked than a.... broken snake.  So, yes, better guard rails to keep the wack jobs out is a must.  That being said...

Maybe this should be a true secret santa instead of this square dance thing.  I would totally get @Le Guignon backing out because the whole sharing address thing is... problematic, and the Amazon list thing is not as clearcut as it sounds.  I don't care giving out my address for the most part but I'm not on the business end of creeping dudes either.  With some better organization, this could be done so its safer.

• D'oh 1

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

Fair enough.  Like I said, though, I don't fault anyone for not wanting Viper.  Guy's more crooked than a.... broken snake.  So, yes, better guard rails to keep the wack jobs out is a must.  That being said...

Maybe this should be a true secret santa instead of this square dance thing.  I would totally get @Le Guignon backing out because the whole sharing address thing is... problematic, and the Amazon list thing is not as clearcut as it sounds.  I don't care giving out my address for the most part but I'm not on the business end of creeping dudes either.  With some better organization, this could be done so its safer.

Elfster does a good one.

Just now, scoobdog said:

And, next year we can be sure to screen you out.  Can't get any simpler than that.

All of your asshole posts in this thread should disqualify you from participating next year because you can't even keep it together enough to maintain a minimum sense of decorum and act right for the Santa thread.

8 minutes ago, NaBarney said:

All of your asshole posts in this thread should disqualify you from participating next year because you can't even keep it together enough to maintain a minimum sense of decorum and act right for the Santa thread.

You can't fault me for that.  Obviously we have a problem with degenerates coming in pretending to be good dudes and then offering to send an unsuspecting UEMBer trash.

Edited by scoobdog
  • D'oh 1

Thanks @katt_goddess for the gifts.  The cats love it 💘   You other two gifts should come throughout January.  Sorry for the delivery delay and if something doesn't make it, I'll send something else in it's steed. 

Next year it'll be a bit different and we will pair up earlier in the year with a problematic partner trouble shoot.  I'll also figure out the address thing as many people don't use amazon lists or want to give out their information (with good reason)

The beer thing can be a go early in the year as we have many breweries and a craft beer store near me.   Let me know and we can do like a every 2 month thing.  

20201229_160430.jpg

• Like 1

I added Viper on snapchat years ago for whatever reason, and then he sends me a snap at like 2am saying "I don't know if you know this, but Snap shows me your location at all times"

Now, I of course already knew this...It's kinda how snap works unless you fuck with your privacy setting, which I didn't because I don't really care if anyone can see where i am.....But the audacity of actually telling me you're spying on me and at 2am no less is fucking weird...

I just deleted the app because I never used it anyway.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neko said:

OMG thank you so very much for the japanese snacks!!!!!!!!!

Arigato!!!

16093773845596749371189760568208.jpg

Sweet! They showed up earlier than expected. :) Hopefully they are a decently wide selection. And the other stuff got safely to you as well. 

I apologize for any kitty furs attached to anything - my cat wanted to be very paws-on when it came to certain things because she is a bitchcake. :D I got your first gift, pic'd it up in the Post a Pic thread, and wore it to work today for freight day where I got to scare a few small children [ which is always a plus :D ] who came running around the corner into my aisle too fast only to be confronted by Chester Cheetah in a polo. :D:D:D I look forward to the further surprises and no worries about the delivery timing. Dealing with the Birthmas crap growing up, I'm not big on December gifts anyway so this works out much better. :)