UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland marathon on October 31st

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Sure, I guess.  The show is on every streaming service now and it’s not like anyone will be doing anything this Halloween. 

The Amazon Prime series is still a few years off I would gather.

i mean at this point marathons only exist to buy more time for funimation to dub episodes of black clover honestly

so....with Black clover off the block until possibly early 2021 and SAO's dub either finished or almost finished

i have to wonder when this marathon was planned....because marathons in the covid age of toonami are mainly used to stall for time since nobody's going anywhere anyways

Edited by CountFrylock

55 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That's not really true, at least not in my town. Bars are open late again. It's not like late March and April, when everything was takeout-only and shut down at 7 PM, so it's once again a sacrifice to stay home and watch Toonami.

when there's a pandemic still ravaging the country and many still aren't taking it seriously

i wouldn't call it a sacrifice to stay home.....My State's in no shape to be supporting halloween parties and get togethers although i doubt many states would really be doing that right now

it's far too reckless and stupid to think anything other than "stay home" on halloween

it's not worth it to get infected simply because you were tired of being indoors and were just that bored

Edited by CountFrylock

I might be here for it especially since I doubt I'll be doing anything else. Probably just be sure to take a nap since I'd be hunting that morning. Going to be Halloween a Harvest/full Moon and Daylight Saving. Feels like the happenings for some spooky shit to go on. Would be great if they gave SARA an Elvira holo form and voice to host the night. Feel like something special should be done. There won't be another halloween on a Saturday till 2026. 

11 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I might be here for it especially since I doubt I'll be doing anything else. Probably just be sure to take a nap since I'd be hunting that morning. Going to be Halloween a Harvest/full Moon and Daylight Saving. Feels like the happenings for some spooky shit to go on. Would be great if they gave SARA an Elvira holo form and voice to host the night. Feel like something special should be done. There won't be another halloween on a Saturday till 2026. 

they've never done holiday themed bumpers before with this version of toonami....doubt they'd start now

would be too much effort than they are willing to put into a marathon

Edited by CountFrylock

52 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

It's sad considering how little effort that would even take. Tom and SARA don't even have moving mouths so there isn't even anything to lip sync. Really just shows a lack of passion for the block. Would be really cool though if they took a page from horror hosts and gave facts about production and actors during the breaks, and read fan mail. It's a little more work, but that is what people tuned in for. It made the experience feel more personal and special and got to feel like you were a part of something. 

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

they've never done holiday themed bumpers before with this version of toonami....doubt they'd start now

That's not entirely true. Evangelion 1.11 aired with green bumpers on St. Patrick's Day.

And of course, there was also the Food Wars marathon on Thanksgiving weekend last year.

But a full recharacterization of one of the hosts would be going quite a bit further than that.

Yeah, I seriously doubt we will get a Thanksgiving marathon this year, and I also feel it's likely there won't be one on December 19th. Give AOT a little more time, I say. Run a marathon of some other show on December 26th (I really don't care what), but then marathon AOT Season 3, Part 2 from 12 AM-5 AM on January 2nd (or 11 AM-4 AM if Toonami re-expands), and then begin it on January 9th. That way the dub will be far enough behind that it should be doable to produce one a week but still break as need be and not fall too far behind. We might get a random movie event early next year, and that would be OK.

Of course AOT is in a different situation from Black Clover. Since those episodes air on Toonami first, they would just be "in the can" once produced.

I'm wondering why this marathon wasn't mentioned during the block....the only hint there was gonna be a marathon happened to be the assassination classroom next episode promo

where it stated "Assassination Classroom will return in 2 weeks"

but then the block never explains what's happening next week....so unless you keep up to date with the schedule changes on social media

you'd have no idea what's going on