UnevenEdge

The South Park Pandemic Special

Mortir

12 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Haven't watched it but I'm getting a little tired of this trope where Randy does/says something goofy or outlandish and Sharon basically goes, "Really, Randy? Really?"

Yeah. I thought it was an alright episode I guess. I wish it would have been a little more conclusive. It felt anticlimactic. Like they did not resolve everything and this next season is going to be about everything set up in this special. I think but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Mortir said:

Yeah. I thought it was an alright episode I guess. I wish it would have been a little more conclusive. It felt anticlimactic. Like they did not resolve everything and this next season is going to be about everything set up in this special. I think but I could be wrong.

My guess is they don’t want to jinx it like last time.  

Just now, Jman said:

I meant 2016.  They wrote everything with the full assumption Hillary Clinton would win the election.

Was that ever confirmed by Matt and Trey? I think I watched a couple of videos where that was the speculation but I am honestly not too familiar with the situation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 9:38 PM, Mortir said:

I imagine it's a tough time for their kind of writing. The news is dominated by two subjects, the coronavirus and election, and almost everything that has been done with those two subjects has already been done. If there's one thing about Stone and Parker, they tend not to beat dead horses.

Plus, South Park is at its best when it holds up a mirror at the viewer and makes them laugh at their own little bit of hypocrisy. I think that's also difficult to pull off in this environment.