UnevenEdge
Sieg67

Step father came to pick up his packages.

Which was a pro Trump and a anti-liberal shirts.  I didn't acknowledge them when he was  trying to show me what they said.  He then commented on how California was on fire because of unkept forests, asked who I was voting for and claimed Biden would lead to communism.  I kept telling him not to mention politics because I really didn't want to get into it and you can't get through to somebody that brainwashed.

You may ask, "why is his stuff getting delivered to your place?"  It's because they literally live in a camper and they'll never be able to afford another house with his alcoholism.  In fact, he always has a beer open when he's driving.
My mom really knows how to pick them. :/

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Do you think he's more pro-trump or more anti-liberal?

I think part of the appeal of Trump to him is that he thinks Trump is sticking it to the liberals.
So liberals if I had to pick.

That's fuckin' crazy bro.Stuff like that might be a lot of the reason I'm trying to nuke so many web contacts.. Living in Bum Fuck Texas during Trump's shit show HAS NOT been fun. Don't get me wrong delivering parts to a bum fuck area that doesn't even have an Autozone I saw I big ass Biden-Harris sign tacked on the side of someon'es house and I was like holy fuck... Don't see that everyday I guess. 🙃 The older people in this state.. 'boomers' what have ya... Trump has so many of them sold including even my dying stepdad that could probably benefit from better medical care... SMH.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

10 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

That's fuckin' crazy bro.Stuff like that might be a lot of the reason I'm trying to nuke so many web contacts.. Living in Bum Fuck Texas during Trump's shit show HAS NOT been fun. Don't get me wrong delivering parts to a bum fuck area that doesn't even have an Autozone I saw I big ass Biden-Harris sign tacked on the side of someon'es house and I was like holy fuck... Don't see that everyday I guess. 🙃 The older people in this state.. 'boomers' what have ya... Trump has so many of them sold including even my dying stepdad that could probably benefit from better medical care... SMH.

Sorry to hear that man.  I know that's frustrating.

• Like 1

At least it sounds like your stepdad is in the staring over the precipice into The Void stage of bottle life.

Edited by AlmostDone

On 9/17/2020 at 8:15 PM, Poof said:

Communism you get an apartment not a camper

Unless you piss off somebody in the inner party.  Then, you'd be lucky if you still have a coat to wear, let alone any kind of roof.

• Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

3 hours ago, One of the Nothings said:

Unless you piss off somebody in the inner party.  Then, you'd be lucky if you still have a coat to wear, let alone any kind of roof.

Oh, they let you have coats in the Gulag. They're not very good, but they are coats. (If they let you die of hypothermia, you can't fill your quotas.)

Edited by mthor

15 hours ago, One of the Nothings said:

Sup packman

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, One of the Nothings said:

Are you even trying?  Alts aren't supposed to be recognizable from the first fucking post.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 2:19 AM, Raptorpat said:

it's an entire political ideology built around spite

I could, but why....

• D'oh 1

Being "anti-liberal" is entirely built around spite, yes. "Own the libs."

As opposed to someone who is pro-conservative and voting on policy for purposes beyond making the other side upset.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Being "anti-liberal" is entirely built around spite, yes. "Own the libs."

As opposed to someone who is pro-conservative and voting on policy for purposes beyond making the other side upset.

Being "anti-facist" (by assaulting people who disagree with you in an effort to shut them up) is built entirely around spite, yes. (and violence, racism, sexism, bigotry....) "Orange man bad"

As opposed to actually voting for center right policies because they work when implemented and actually advance prosperity for everyone. Funny thing, stats show that minority communities benefited greatly from those center right policies; record low unemployment, criminal justice reform, income in the bottom quin-tiles growing at higher rates, energy independence, peace treaties, ending wars/bringing home troops....

• D'oh 2

Yeah, anti-fascists arguably act out of spite for the growing sense of authoritarianism on the alt-right, and the violence, racism, sexism, and bigotry that go along with it. But there's more meat there than doing it just to make conservatives cry.

None of that second paragraph is relevant because he already said the guy votes for trump to stick it to the liberals. Policy literally doesn't matter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Being "anti-facist" (by assaulting people who disagree with you in an effort to shut them up) is built entirely around spite, yes. (and violence, racism, sexism, bigotry....) "Orange man bad"

The name itself implies the exact opposite.

Fascism is not just an ideology, it is also explicitly a style of governance.  The word is derivative of the fasces, a Roman (stolen from the Etruscans) symbol for the authority of the local magistrate.  A bundle of sticks surrounding an axe, it represented strength in togetherness:  the axe's weak point, the handle, is strengthened by the rods tightly lashed to it.  In Roman culture, this would not have represented ideological conformity as much as social conformity.  Mussolini, the inventor of the term and  political system, created fascism to model an idealistic form of imperial Roman government.

Anti Fascists are, as their name suggests, opposed to a style of governance.  They oppose people and institutions based on how they implement ideology as much as the ideology itself.  This is not to say terroristic tactics aren't terroristic, but you, like the retarded bad orange man, obviously do not get that anti-fascism is not synonymous with liberalism.  Anti-fascists are fighting people and organizations that utilize an authoritarian implementation.  Liberals at least in the United States are loosely organized and ideology in which government plays a greater role in an egalitarian society.  The two are not mutually exclusive but they also don't fight for the same objective.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Top Gun said:

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Good place to drop this.

I jest, but honestly I'm too tired to even find the schadenfreude in it, or in Trumpist Boomers dying from their vices generally.  The world will of course be better for him being gone but it's not like there arent 200 Pim Tools in a holding pattern waiting to take his chair.

Edited by AlmostDone

17 hours ago, Ginguy said:

As opposed to actually voting for center right policies because they work when implemented and actually advance prosperity for everyone. Funny thing, stats show that minority communities benefited greatly from those center right policies; record low unemployment, criminal justice reform, income in the bottom quin-tiles growing at higher rates, energy independence, peace treaties, ending wars/bringing home troops....

67088370_10219945167759088_1580117604909973504_n.jpg.69e0b3b387c9207fb5afda464feba735.jpg

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Yeah, anti-fascists arguably act out of spite for the growing sense of authoritarianism on the alt-right, and the violence, racism, sexism, and bigotry that go along with it. But there's more meat there than doing it just to make conservatives cry.

None of that second paragraph is relevant because he already said the guy votes for trump to stick it to the liberals. Policy literally doesn't matter.

Where are these alt-right people? The only people committing acts of violence, sexism, racism and bigotry are the BLM/Antifa criminals. I have a whole thread full of videos of BLM/Antifa criminals committing these heinous acts. There are no alt-right groups out committing acts of violence for 130+ days. This notion that somehow half the country is a group of MAGA-hat wearing, gun toting ruffians led by a secret cabal of ethno-nationalists with a cartoon frog as a mascot is absurd to put it in the nicest possible way.

I will agree that there is more to the violence that the BLM/Antifa criminals are committing than just trying to anger conservatives.
Yes, conservatives are frustrated, particularly because the BLM/Antifa criminals are not prosecuted for the crimes they are committing on video, but the BLM/Antifa criminals are trying to use violence to achieve political power by frightening the general population, who don't want conflict and generally avoid it if possible.

Honestly, if the worst thing a conservative does is vote for President Trump to annoy a BLM/Antifa criminal, that shouldn't be a concern. Instead of demonizing the people who do that, try to engage them in a civil conversation about why they should consider voting for a more progressive candidate. BLM/Antifa criminals however just assault people, disrupt their lives or daily activities and threaten their property with arson and general mayhem. That isn't winning anyone's vote and only serves to encourage people to "vote to piss off the libs".

• D'oh 3

54 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Where are these alt-right people? The only people committing acts of violence, sexism, racism and bigotry are the BLM/Antifa criminals. I have a whole thread full of videos of BLM/Antifa criminals committing these heinous acts. There are no alt-right groups out committing acts of violence for 130+ days. This notion that somehow half the country is a group of MAGA-hat wearing, gun toting ruffians led by a secret cabal of ethno-nationalists with a cartoon frog as a mascot is absurd to put it in the nicest possible way.

I will agree that there is more to the violence that the BLM/Antifa criminals are committing than just trying to anger conservatives.
Yes, conservatives are frustrated, particularly because the BLM/Antifa criminals are not prosecuted for the crimes they are committing on video, but the BLM/Antifa criminals are trying to use violence to achieve political power by frightening the general population, who don't want conflict and generally avoid it if possible.

Honestly, if the worst thing a conservative does is vote for President Trump to annoy a BLM/Antifa criminal, that shouldn't be a concern. Instead of demonizing the people who do that, try to engage them in a civil conversation about why they should consider voting for a more progressive candidate. BLM/Antifa criminals however just assault people, disrupt their lives or daily activities and threaten their property with arson and general mayhem. That isn't winning anyone's vote and only serves to encourage people to "vote to piss off the libs".

Thanks for confirming that you're a complete motherfucking dumbass, Jingo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

So... why are you conflating Black Lives Matter with Antifa?  Even assuming Antifa is an actual thing, they aren't one in the same and BLM has not been implicated in any purported violence or looting.  In fact, they've spoken out against the violence.

Obviously it's because you're racist, uneducated hick the thinks he's smarter than he is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

Tell that to the director of the FBI. You must have better intel than him, right?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

You don't have good faith debates. You guys post guides on exactly how to gaslight and do your goebbels type shit. You're doing it now. It's complete disregard and disrespect for facts and good faith engagement.

It's plain common sense the hate you have for black ppl, lgbt ppl, latinx, arabic ppl, anybody who is different.

It's not conservatism it's hate. You and your incel friends aren't doing this over fiscal policy or some shit. It's hate, and hate isn't politics. Everybody sees through you. Everybody recognizes that your Qanon and Trump cults are fucked up. We see through you. You're not going to win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, naraku360 said:

What's the difference?

Used to be conservatives didn't hate.  

• D'oh 1

5 hours ago, Poof said:

You don't have good faith debates. You guys post guides on exactly how to gaslight and do your goebbels type shit. You're doing it now. It's complete disregard and disrespect for facts and good faith engagement.

It's plain common sense the hate you have for black ppl, lgbt ppl, latinx, arabic ppl, anybody who is different.

It's not conservatism it's hate. You and your incel friends aren't doing this over fiscal policy or some shit. It's hate, and hate isn't politics. Everybody sees through you. Everybody recognizes that your Qanon and Trump cults are fucked up. We see through you. You're not going to win.

I'm hoping these are the death throes. When I look at this shit now it makes me think people in the 30's were idiots, because half of the shit is transparent projection.

Get ready for the most rigged election of your life because everyone in my camp is ready to do everything they can manage. 

This is all a literal cartoon to me, I'm waiting for Donald to be counting his hairs after they all pop out of his head when the votes are counted.

11 hours ago, Poof said:

As long as I've been paying attention to politics (around the second election of G.W.) conservatism has been about nothing except hate, and it has stayed that way to the present day. Hatred of muslims, hatred of all varieties of LGBT who want to get married / serve in the military / be "out", hatred of immigrants, hatred of blacks peacefully protesting, hatred of Obama (I'll give the conservatives the benefit of the doubt and say their whole ideology hates him with the seething rage of a thousand suns for literally no reason, instead of the obvious truth that they're just racist as fuck), hatred of women who want the right to choose (always demonized as whores), hatred of people benefitting from social programs (I don't really see a whole lot of demonization of the programs themselves, but always the demonization of anyone who utilizes them), hated of liberals (conservatives non-stop whining about liberals has gone on far longer than liberals as a group complaining about conservatives as a group).... Any groups I'm forgetting?

This is literally why Trump got elected in the first place.... Hatred of immigrants, muslims, Obama, and Hilary. That was his entire campaign.

Ginguy it's not very appealing to have a reasonable discussion with people who right out of the gate are on about "Obama's a Kenyan muslim," "all muslims are terrorists" "BLM is a terrorist organization" (that's you), etc. Those people are too far gone from having even being able to have a reasonable discussion with. We've been dealing with these types long before Trumps' campaigning in what, 2014? There's no having a discussion with these people.

The SOLE reason conservatives are "frustrated" with liberals / progressives / whatever are because they don't like being called racist, homophobic, or bigoted when they say racist, homophobic or bigoted shit, which has somehow become the cornerstone of their whole ideology.

Oh, and lol @ that "NO U" conservatives do about their being called racist. "WE'RE not racist, the football players are racist for bringing race into it!" Effin lol. Yes, I have seen conservative "memes" calling for the boycott of the NFL (gee, what else is new) because they are RACIST. It just doesn't get more "NO U" than that.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Used to be conservatives didn't hate.  

No.

Conservatism is just a fancy way to say traditionalism. Traditionalism is where everything from whining about the War on Christmas up to declaring women responsible for being raped or fighting against ending slavery (Republicans of the time being literally more left leaning than modern Dems in some respects) and opposing desegregation come from.

It's all conservatism. You can't get married 'cuz gay and the bible says bad, you can't use our school 'cuz black and that's changing way too much, you can't end slavery 'cuz that's how it's always been.

It's always been that way and it always will be. Conservatism is a plague.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 2

I don't really agree with most of that, but not because I empathize with conservatives.  At the very least, conservatives have always been some degree of racist, however so have a lot of liberals and it hasn't always been about hate as much as just plain ignorance in the sense that most racists simply did not see POC while paying them lip service.

• D'oh 1

20 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I don't really agree with most of that, but not because I empathize with conservatives.  At the very least, conservatives have always been some degree of racist, however so have a lot of liberals and it hasn't always been about hate as much as just plain ignorance in the sense that most racists simply did not see POC while paying them lip service.

Liberals can suck it, too.

Libs being apathetic isn't the same as the outright hostility from conservatives.

I'm not doing any "both sides" crap with it.

Libs sit on the fence to shout about how we should respect opinions equally, even if it's conservatives creating the KKK.

Is that bad? Yes, very bad.

Is that the same as creating the KKK? Not quite.

2 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Liberals can suck it, too.

Libs being apathetic isn't the same as the outright hostility from conservatives.

I'm not doing any "both sides" crap with it.

Libs sit on the fence to shout about how we should respect opinions equally, even if it's conservatives creating the KKK.

Is that bad? Yes, very bad.

Is that the same as creating the KKK? Not quite.

No one's saying that conservatives now or in the past don't deal in hate, just that it isn't continuous.  It's dependent on the times, obviously.  But that in turn depends on or results from conservatives who are principled having sway over the group as a whole.  Things like racism are continuous and don't change with times, but things like hate disappear from time to time much as the KKK was marginalized for a long time.

42 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No one's saying that conservatives now or in the past don't deal in hate, just that it isn't continuous.  It's dependent on the times, obviously.  But that in turn depends on or results from conservatives who are principled having sway over the group as a whole.  Things like racism are continuous and don't change with times, but things like hate disappear from time to time much as the KKK was marginalized for a long time.

The place the hatred is directed shifting doesn't change that social conservatism, and in many respects economic conservatism, is predicated entirely on hate.