UnevenEdge

Dune.

stilgar

• 2 months later...

I'm sort of apprehensive about it because Villeneuve is directing it. He makes visually great movies but he doesn't seem to bring the same spark to his actors. It usually feels like they're just there to wander around these spectacular set pieces. I'm not getting much of different impression with this. 

Say what you want about Lynch's Dune, but he brought that extra something out of his cast that still strikes a chord. Plus the costumes were great. 

It was kind of the same story with Blade Runner 2049, which I looked forward to. Upon seeing it though, I thought the visuals were great but all the actors pretty much maintained the same, almost uninterested, expressions throughout the movie no matter what was happening. Again, Scott was able to bring something out of his cast that Villeneuve wasn't.

Edited by ZoomBubba
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, Mortir said:

Neat. The twerp looks familiar was he in Stanger Things or IT? I wish WB and Legendary would make a third Sherlock Holmes movie.

The twerp was pretty good as Henry V in The King, which is on Netflix. (Though it's wildly historically innacurate.)

• Like 1

*Shakes the movie industry* If you bitches don't give me drive-in theaters, urgh! Seriously, this hurts me watching it now because stills from during production of this film spread like right before we knew how fucking stupid America was going to be, and there was so much joy with lust for Oscar Isaac added in. It was such a simpler time 😭.

10 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

*Shakes the movie industry* If you bitches don't give me drive-in theaters, urgh! Seriously, this hurts me watching it now because stills from during production of this film spread like right before we knew how fucking stupid America was going to be, and there was so much joy with lust for Oscar Isaac added in. It was such a simpler time 😭.

My neighbors set up a projector in their backyard. Sometimes I go out on the patio if there is something good on.

• Like 1