UnevenEdge

Looks like the apocalypse out here

Le Guignon

Also I hope you arent one of the members here still engaging or caught up in protest-riots for lack of better words.. Did CHAD ever chill out? IDK I've tried to keep up with the madness, but honestly we all got lives, mouths to feed n shit.. Forgive me if you are still in the middle of some mass chaos somehow I try to stay busy... 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

anyone hear from our friend from here? im pretty sure shes safe but just checking. i dont think the wind will be blowing north tonight. 

I just got the emergency evacuation for Estacada since I'm nearby in Oregon City.  I'm trying to think of a plan and place to stay.  It's pretty bad out here. Pretty freaked out ngl

Earlier in the afternoon:

20200909_184850.jpg

Edited by Le Guignon
  • Sad 3

From science, wildfires are typically started by lightning or gender reveal parties. While they can be good for the woods and turn old dead plant matter into soot they arent too good for people living in the woods. Many trees are hardy enough to withstand brushfire easily, but when the fire gets big it gets really hot. So when the heat is turned way up everything is fuel. Fuel + oxygen + catalyst is fire.

9 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

From science, wildfires are typically started by lightning or gender reveal parties. While they can be good for the woods and turn old dead plant matter into soot they arent too good for people living in the woods. Many trees are hardy enough to withstand brushfire easily, but when the fire gets big it gets really hot. So when the heat is turned way up everything is fuel. Fuel + oxygen + catalyst is fire.

Trees are hardy enough to withstand wildfires as long as they aren't already damaged by drought and its related infestations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mortir said:

God damn this videos are depressing. I have never expereienced a wild fire can someone explain what exactly happened to these places? It looks like a nuke went off or something.

I never really understood how they spread so quickly until I saw a video of dry brush that lit up like it was doused in gasoline. The seconds it took for those flames to spread so far was terrifying to watch.

48 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

It seriously gets hot enough to melt the cars and reduce buildings to rubble? That is scary.

1 minute ago, Mortir said:

It seriously gets hot enough to melt the cars and reduce buildings to rubble? That is scary.

We had a wood burning stove at our house and I was barred from tending fires because I could get them going at 1500 degrees. My brother would be dying of heat stroke while it was 12 below outside, lol. So after the US collapses I'll man a forge.

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i dont follow. talking about finally getting some rain to clear up this smoke. the fire still ongoing but it aint headed our direction. 

Allow me to recreate the experience

Needing and begging for rain because a disproportionate amount of hogs need to constantly congeal in the coolest of environments while it's pure hell outside with no signs of ever being a sustainable desert that so many inhabitants have lulled themselves into thinking they are enjoying.  Mere moments away from being nothing more than a wasteland riddled with crumbling strip malls and conservatives who vote blue. I wish I was a carrot.

I mean, it's not perfect...but you get the jist.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Le Guignon said:

Like Supes weird how you bring him up out of nowhere.

Sounds like he's living in your head rent free.  😂😬

Settle down, I know you think you know what's going on...but you don't.  

Amber Rose lives in my head rent free.

Donald trump lives in my head rent free

The militia of armed thugs with badges live in my head rent free......

I'm just leaving some tender vittles out for my homeless friend because i know he can't resist.

• Like 2