UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 130 Discussion

4 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

hm. I thought the asshole who nearly killed the wizard king and unleashed dastardly elves on the country had something to say about fucking protocol

Yeah dude's got some work to do before he should be talking. Well except when taking shots at the dumb king anyway.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, mochi said:

yes, he came from an unspecified foreign kingdom and is a victim of some muted racism because of it

He is the only Japanese guy in the land.  It comes off as the author is trying to impart an anti-racism, anti-xenophobic message to his readers by placing a Japanese guy in this position when this is a known issue for Japanese people to treat foreigners, immigrants, minorities and mixed race people this way.

Just now, ben0119 said:

He is the only Japanese guy in the land.  It comes off as the author is trying to impart an anti-racism, anti-xenophobic message to his readers by placing a Japanese guy in this position when this is a known issue for Japanese people to treat foreigners, immigrants, minorities and mixed race people this way.

... JAPAN EXISTS IN BLACK CLOVER!?!?!?

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

And then they saddled that character with bathroom humor!?

Or was that FUNimation's doing??

Just now, elfie said:

... JAPAN EXISTS IN BLACK CLOVER!?!?!?

His name is Yami Sukihiro and he looks Japanese.  So some sort of fictional fantastical version of Japan in this universe, yes.  Now that I think about it, someone mentioned the water kingdom or whatever it was called from a while back.  Kohono... her and the other water land characters had Japanese names and character designs.  Maybe Yami is from THERE after all like that person suggested?  

Just now, ben0119 said:

His name is Yami Sukihiro and he looks Japanese.  So some sort of fictional fantastical version of Japan in this universe, yes.  Now that I think about it, someone mentioned the water kingdom or whatever it was called from a while back.  Kohono... her and the other water land characters had Japanese names and character designs.  Maybe Yami is from THERE after all like that person suggested?  

i kinda never knew his last name. Also, this is a fantasy kingdom so who was I to ever think he looks Japanese? Never once crossed my mind.

11 minutes ago, elfie said:

Dr. Stone, SAO, Shield Hero, and now Black Clover ... are all getting, or have gotten, another season THAT FOCUSES ON A WAR.

MY GOD.

I'm confused. These are all action shows with kingdoms, why wouldn't there be wars? lol

War breaks out in most Gundam series too for obvious reasons.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

And then they saddled that character with bathroom humor!?

Or was that FUNimation's doing??

Uhh no it is original to the story.  This show isn't always the most serious in case you hadn't noticed!  It is semi-parody.

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Dr. Stone, SAO, Shield Hero, and now Black Clover ... are all getting, or have gotten, another season THAT FOCUSES ON A WAR.

MY GOD.

And this is surprising...why?

We're watching battle shonen here! Isn't it probable that dragon ball would be focused on a war during it's first few seasons??