UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna wants a funko pop that's a mish mash of ten characters he's played

CountFrylock

I was wondering when someone made a thread about this.

Though, from what I gathered, the controversy was more about how

1. a public convention was allowed to go on at all (only Florida),

2. that anyone would dare invite Vic to one after everything he pulled

3. that he would talk in a panel in front of a group of people without a mask on

4. that at the panel he was making light of the pandemic! Though that by now is totally in-character for him.

Also, the last thread about Vic here had to be locked. So TREAD CAREFULLY.

• D'oh 1

Voice actors don’t usually get their own Funko Pops, let alone disgraced ones.

If he wanted to get that fashion nightmare Pop figure past the custom commission phase, he’d have to submit it as a character from an obscure Clamp series. He can even make up his own backstory because he wouldn’t need to ask the CEO of Clamp to make his character straight. 

Does it come with a complimentary mini con-goer looking scared and disgusted? Or at least a little sign the figure can hold saying "According to Megan's Law...." ?

If Funko wants to make a complete trainwreck of a Pop that would have super limited appeal but at least wouldn't feature a sexual creeper / groper they can totally make one of me from the quarantine time. :| Who wouldn't want a figure of someone in a walking dead mask and TARDIS bathrobe playing an accordion? 

Also, exactly when were all these people clamoring for a figure of him? Because kind of doubt it was any time recently unless he's got plants in his few remaining audiences. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, katt_goddess said:

Does it come with a complimentary mini con-goer looking scared and disgusted? Or at least a little sign the figure can hold saying "According to Megan's Law...." ?

If Funko wants to make a complete trainwreck of a Pop that would have super limited appeal but at least wouldn't feature a sexual creeper / groper they can totally make one of me from the quarantine time. :| Who wouldn't want a figure of someone in a walking dead mask and TARDIS bathrobe playing an accordion? 

Also, exactly when were all these people clamoring for a figure of him? Because kind of doubt it was any time recently unless he's got plants in his few remaining audiences. 

For an extra 10 bucks you can get a talking version that says "Let me be sweet to you." 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

I assume they weren't. Vic is SAYING they were demanding a figure of him but is just lying.

Oh I'm sure he's not lying. He has thousands of supporters that think he's a victim and that Monica Rial and everyone else were just out to get him. They'd absolutely support any stupid thing Vic does.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:50 PM, elfie said:

I was wondering when someone made a thread about this.

Though, from what I gathered, the controversy was more about how

1. a public convention was allowed to go on at all (only Florida),

2. that anyone would dare invite Vic to one after everything he pulled

3. that he would talk in a panel in front of a group of people without a mask on

4. that at the panel he was making light of the pandemic! Though that by now is totally in-character for him.

Also, the last thread about Vic here had to be locked. So TREAD CAREFULLY.

How Can He...A Former Voice Actor treat the pandemic as if it's just some hoax/joke?

doesn't he see how it's affected the industry he was once apart of

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

How Can He...A Former Voice Actor treat the pandemic as if it's just some hoax/joke?

doesn't he see how it's affected the industry he was once apart of

Clearly Vic is one of those "always look on the bright side of life" kind of guys, which is ironic considering the depth of the hole he's been digging for himself since he first wooed the opposite sex.

19 hours ago, Daos said:

For an extra 10 bucks you can get a talking version that says "Let me be sweet to you." 

Don't forget a bonus t-shirt. :|

One thing that he had going for him and you can't deny it - I don't think anyone has ever brought together the entirety of a convention like his presence did. I saw Gamers warning Sci-Fi warning Fantasy warning Cosplayers warning Kid Animation warning Sceptics warning Whovians warning...etc etc etc that he was around and to watch your back and not get into any elevators in certain hotels without a friend because he was known to lurk those areas at certain times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

I get more and more convinced Vic is on the right spectrum of politics.

It's honestly a trope at this point. 

Do something really really stupid and act like a total crazy jackass which tanks your career and future potentials. Claim the world is against you because they found out you're a card-carrying 'conservative' . Get work that way, maybe. 

Tim Allen got his show back on the aire. However, Victoria Jackson is still attempting to relive the glory days by posting youtube videos and finding jesus via breast cancer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Do something really really stupid and act like a total crazy jackass which tanks your career and future potentials...Tim Allen got his show back on the aire (sic).

Wait, was this the "cocaine in the 80s" thing, or did he do something colossally stupid between Home Improvement and Last Man Standing that I somehow didn't know about?

6 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

It's honestly a trope at this point. 

Do something really really stupid and act like a total crazy jackass which tanks your career and future potentials. Claim the world is against you because they found out you're a card-carrying 'conservative' . Get work that way, maybe. 

Tim Allen got his show back on the aire. However, Victoria Jackson is still attempting to relive the glory days by posting youtube videos and finding jesus via breast cancer. 

Lives in Texas. Heavily religious. Disregards honest criticism aimed at him. Decades of sexual allegations. Snuggles in with lawyers, then denies he ever knew them once they file an active case against him. Makes light of the once-in-a-century pandemic. Continues to go to crowded public events. Paints commissioned artwork for very patriotic local plane and airforce-related organizations.

Check, check, check, check, check, checky, checkaroo, checkaroonie.

Edited by elfie

3 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Wait, was this the "cocaine in the 80s" thing, or did he do something colossally stupid between Home Improvement and Last Man Standing that I somehow didn't know about?

Naw, the cocaine thing happened prior to Home Improvement [ for the most part, there were rumors of drug use still occurring during Home Improvement but I don't think anything ever really became of those rumors ] and I actually rooted for him seeming to have turned his life around.

Last Man Standing was cancelled on ABC because Tim Allen claimed that the channel executives didn't care for a strong conservative male figure in a show. He made a big whine about it on mainly conservative platforms like Fake News and Fox picked it up as a 'win for conservatives everywhere!' . But the thing is, the show was already being made by Fox to begin with and was being licensed out to ABC at a pretty high fee. Dropping the show was more than likely a money saving measure that had zilch to do with anyone's perceived political affiliations but you can't tell that to the types of inbred hillbillies who only believe that Fox saved their show when it was Fox's show from the start. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Naw, the cocaine thing happened prior to Home Improvement [ for the most part, there were rumors of drug use still occurring during Home Improvement but I don't think anything ever really became of those rumors ] and I actually rooted for him seeming to have turned his life around.

Last Man Standing was cancelled on ABC because Tim Allen claimed that the channel executives didn't care for a strong conservative male figure in a show. He made a big whine about it on mainly conservative platforms like Fake News and Fox picked it up as a 'win for conservatives everywhere!' . But the thing is, the show was already being made by Fox to begin with and was being licensed out to ABC at a pretty high fee. Dropping the show was more than likely a money saving measure that had zilch to do with anyone's perceived political affiliations but you can't tell that to the types of inbred hillbillies who only believe that Fox saved their show when it was Fox's show from the start. 

Yeah What Happened with last man standing is nothing like what happened with roseanne on abc

40 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Last Man Standing was cancelled on ABC because Tim Allen claimed that the channel executives didn't care for a strong conservative male figure in a show. He made a big whine about it on mainly conservative platforms and Fox picked it up as a 'win for conservatives everywhere!' . But the thing is, the show was already being made by Fox to begin with and was being licensed out to ABC at a pretty high fee. Dropping the show was more than likely a money saving measure that had zilch to do with anyone's perceived political affiliations but you can't tell that to the types of inbred hillbillies who only believe that Fox saved their show when it was Fox's show from the start. 

I figured as much, the cocaine thing was the only thing I knew about Tim Allen controversy-wise before now.

This whole "executives haet conservatives" thing really comes off as a whole lotta nothing. I'm sure it was something to somebody, but not to me or my parents. None of us give a shit about Last Man Standing, so this story means nothing to us. And even then, I'd say Tim Allen brought it on himself for voicing those claims to begin with. No matter your political affiliation, if you can't keep your mouth shut when you want to say stupid shit, then you deserve whatever backlash comes your way.

16 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Yeah What Happened with last man standing is nothing like what happened with roseanne on abc

Roseanne set herself on fire in public, pure and simple. The Domestic Diva gladly became a grease fire for the attention which has been par for the course with her for decades. I mean, she deliberately borked the National Anthem live just to be an edgy cow - something that she would have been spitted for by the same people who now think she's being punished for her truths or whatever the current excuse is. I don't recall Tim Allen going all wah-wah-mah-conservativism until after the cancellation announcement where it was attempted to make it all about that when there were other, more likely things like money and licensing going on. His character was nothing more than a dad who was a couple of generations behind in his thinking than his daughters, nothing more and nothing less. 

15 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I figured as much, the cocaine thing was the only thing I knew about Tim Allen controversy-wise before now.

This whole "executives haet conservatives" thing really comes off as a whole lotta nothing. I'm sure it was something to somebody, but not to me or my parents. None of us give a shit about Last Man Standing, so this story means nothing to us. And even then, I'd say Tim Allen brought it on himself for voicing those claims to begin with. No matter your political affiliation, if you can't keep your mouth shut when you want to say stupid shit, then you deserve whatever backlash comes your way.

While I can't doubt that it happens sometimes [ executives can be dicks, end of story. there's only room for one ego a lot of the time ] , most places don't give a crap as long as you are a functional actor when under contract. If there's a morals clause, you knew it when you signed it. If there's a non-disclosure clause [ don't be spoilin' that movie / season finale / series finale after all ] , you are responsible for staying quiet. And while some places may have a limit on political activity for the sake of being neutral, who you vote for isn't going to come up unless you make it the main conversation or your public behaviors make it obvious that you will not function with the others in the cast.