UnevenEdge

R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Kudasai

yeah, I guess that would be in line with how things are going. 

fuck, this is such a weird moment.......for me, 'cause i'm really all I care about

time for some happy juice....oh sweet nector of the gods, make me feel good again 

Totally unexpected, but my daughter was watching some interview or something with him a while ago and I said "He looks like he's lost weight"....But I just assumed he bulked up for the role and the smaller frame was normal for him....Didn't think he was gonna pull a Charlie Murphy on me.

RIP....A celebrity death I kinda actually feel for.

• Like 2

Oh my God! I am a huge movie enthusiast and a HUGE fan of his. I knew nothing of this until this post, and knew nothing of his illness. 

I'm literally in denial of this. I, I can't believe it. 

I'm not ready to face this day now. Wow. Just wow.

My heart hurts.

Just watched his interview with Willie Geist (never heard of him)... Chadwick got his chance to attend Oxford school of Acting, paid for by Denzel Washington... Denzel didnt know him at the time.... Phylicia Rashad reached out to Denzel on his behalf, and he did it... now the at the premier of Black Panther, he got to thank him one to one... pretty cool.

And what I think is so powerful, was... it showed people helping people is selfless... and what seems like such a small gesture can move entire mountains for someone... through this, he will hopefully inspired others to do the same....

Idk... mushy moment for a Sunday... 

• Like 1

i saw the tribute to denzel washington,  and i believe denzel was paying it forward 'the gap' he called it. because i think sidney poitier did something similar for him. (helping him through the industry)

so it was a powerful tribute to washington. heart felt indeed. 

this man, chadwick boseman, will truly be missed. he really was the hero we needed. he was a king. rest in power. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 12:00 AM, nameraka said:

same shit that killed my cousin at about the same age. 

colonoscopies people. just do it.

Routine colonoscopies aren't recommended until 50 unless there's a family history. 

That said, it's a sad day. My mother died of the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mthor said:

Routine colonoscopies aren't recommended until 50 unless there's a family history. 

That said, it's a sad day. My mother died of the same thing.

American Cancer Society recommends starting at age 45.

Everyone told me it would be the best sleep I ever had.  I didn't feel any different and I woke straight up with no grogginess.  I even woke up before the person who had the procedure before me.

3 hours ago, tsar4 said:

American Cancer Society recommends starting at age 45.

Everyone told me it would be the best sleep I ever had.  I didn't feel any different and I woke straight up with no grogginess.  I even woke up before the person who had the procedure before me.

Non-invasive screening is preferred at that age if one is low risk - a colonoscopy is not without certain hazards (I've had a handful of patients who've been perfed during routine scopes through the years; it's not common, but it's pretty catastrophic when it happens.) For those who are high risk, colonoscopy is recommended starting at 40; some sources say 35, depending (due to family history, my two youngest siblings were recommended to start at that age.)

11 minutes ago, mthor said:

Non-invasive screening is preferred at that age if one is low risk - a colonoscopy is not without certain hazards (I've had a handful of patients who've been perfed during routine scopes through the years; it's not common, but it's pretty catastrophic when it happens.) For those who are high risk, colonoscopy is recommended starting at 40; some sources say 35, depending (due to family history, my two youngest siblings were recommended to start at that age.)

What if you are unsure of your family history, id imagine err on the side of caution and get one, right?

On 8/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, Radical Left said:

Totally unexpected, but my daughter was watching some interview or something with him a while ago and I said "He looks like he's lost weight"....But I just assumed he bulked up for the role and the smaller frame was normal for him....Didn't think he was gonna pull a Charlie Murphy on me.

RIP....A celebrity death I kinda actually feel for.

It's amazing how he was able to deal with the disease while churning out the best performances of his career.  Just the fact he was playing an invulnerable super hero at a time when he was at his most vulnerable speaks to the kind of depth beneath all of the characters he played.  After watching Black Panther again, I was thinking about how there are so many exceptional actors in it and the first time I watched it I thought Bozeman was the most understated of the bunch.  Watching it again changed my perspective:  he's doing so much more with so much less in that performance, all in an action movie designed to minimize the dramatic elements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

What if you are unsure of your family history, id imagine err on the side of caution and get one, right?

Well, it depends on your age, your lifestyle, your known risk factors, and, because we live in America, your insurance...

Rip. Thought i’d post for this. 

I’m a comic book nerd and Chadwick really made the character his own. Whether it be Hugh Jackman with Wolverine or Johnny Depp with Jack Sparrow. It’s hard to make yourself so memorable as a character that it just simply wouldn’t feel right to replace  you. 

But what hits me the most is his representation of T’challa became a major role model for most children of color. It honestly is amazing that a character can do that. It definitely is a loss.

Also, i remember watching bbc regarding how Africans felt about Black Panther. It made them feel empowered. #wakandaforever

• Like 1